Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Nick a win next week - I think we will need to nick it and we then probably have Taylor, Aribo and Vetokele fitter. Bowyer has to back Fosu and pick him and you can see how the team can start scoring goals again. Not a given, but not impossible.
  • Options

And of Grant ever gets to read this I hope you're happy with a 20 min run out & the chance to shake David Luiz's hand you money grabbing bastard.

I am sure he will be very happy with it. He is probably happier every minute of his life than you are.
    Genuine question. Why single out GolfAddick ? Apart from attacking Grant (which I think is very unfair) he's not saying anything the rest of us aren't thinking or saying.
  • Options
    So who was the player that we were going to sign as part of Ched Evans proposed move? Oztumer?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Bowyer I like you as a manager, but RHF as a lone striker against a CB that’s 6’7. Come on.

Maybe he was emphasising to Roland rhe damage he had done by witholding all of the Grant money.

In the Roland era we have never been closer to promotion in January and RD is effectively stiffling the push, demotivating the manager and the team and scuppering any hope of selling near the price he wants!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I know he isn't the player he was last season, but he needs a run of games. But when you looked at how toothless our starting eleven was, surely it was a no brainer to play him. Ok, he may not have played well, but give him a bloody chance Bowyer FFS!
  • Options
    Did not watch the game, but reading some of the comments here. What I find quite bizzare is how a manager of Bowyers nouce in terms of his playing days and his assistant Jackson thought playing Fairchild up front on his own was a plan to win a game of football. If they had bothered to watch the Bromley game and maybe more of the 23 matches they might have quickly realised he is not upto playing up front particularly on his own! He can’t control the ball nor is he a player who’s instinct is to bring others into the game. Not blaming Fairchild but that is the harsh reality of first team football. Naive leadership I’m afraid and the Fleetwood defence would have laughed at that formation....
  • Options
    I don't think they laughed to start with - they seemed to respect us. Second half they realised we weren't going to trouble them and they could push forward more. It was clear for long enough for Bowyer to at least try to do something about it. It may not have made a difference, but if you are going to crash into a wall, surely you try to apply the breaks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

''Maybe he was emphasising to Roland the damage he had done by witholding all of the Grant money.''

Mate do you honestly think Roland gives a monkeys about the team.
    Just willing to fill his own pockets and cut down the losses1

At last. a voice of sanity.
  • Options

''Maybe he was emphasising to Roland the damage he had done by witholding all of the Grant money.''

Mate do you honestly think Roland gives a monkeys about the team.
    Just willing to fill his own pockets and cut down the losses1

Did i say he did?
  • Options
    If Bowyer indicates Fosu and Parker will start next week, I'm going. If not, I am not going to watch us get a nil and hope Southend do the same!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    At the game, really hard to not feel dejected after that and the last week. Saying that, there is some glimmer of hope in seeing Igor back and Taylor returns soon. I thought we looked the better team for most of it and but for a couple of mistakes by our defence Fleetwood were not really in the match. Technically, we were by far the better team but really missed having any kind of presence up front to bring others in to the attack. Williams played very high up the field almost as a number 9.

Lacked anything in the final third and RHF looked out of his depth. Williams, Beilik and Cullen were a class above. Parker didn't do much but was instrumental in one of our best chances, I think he will be OK but he is never going to replace Grant.

Not sure what happened but there was an argument between a Charlton fan and Mark Marshall, which ended up with the fan being ejected. I must have been fifteen rows back but I heard Marshall threaten to jump the boards he was that incensed. Never seen a player react like that before and I don't know what caused it but I don't think he set the best example regardless. Fleetwood was a nice little ground for the size of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Stream:

At Peterborough we look all wrong with one up front.
    Same at Fleetwood, especially as the one was the inexperienced Reeco.
    Although Fosu frustrates, he did at least create a couple of chances. His unpredictability is an asset, for me.
    Vetokele, who I’ve hardly ever seen play, showed that he shouldn’t be written off just yet, and Parker at least won a few headers and had a bit of presence.

The midfielders have come in for a bit of stick, but in their defence there didn’t seem to be a lot of movement up front to give them an outlet.

I think their giant CB understandingly put us off using the long ball, which made our playing out from defence all too predictable.

Pretty bloody depressing all told.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Maybe he was emphasising to Roland the damage he had done by withholding all of the Grant money.

I do not believe Bowyer is that stupid, because he knows:
    1) Roland does not care
    2) Even if he did care, it is too late to do anything about it now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:

At Peterborough we look all wrong with one up front.
    Same at Fleetwood, especially as the one was the inexperienced Reeco.
    Although Fosu frustrates, he did at least create a couple of chances. His unpredictability is an asset, for me.
    Vetokele, who I’ve hardly ever seen play, showed that he shouldn’t be written off just yet, and Parker at least won a few headers and had a bit of presence.

The midfielders have come in for a bit of stick, but in their defence there didn’t seem to be a lot of movement up front to give them an outlet.

I think their giant CB understandingly put us off using the long ball, which made our playing out from defence all too predictable.

Pretty bloody depressing all told.

The midfielders are decent players, just too many are not goalscorers. Despite their abilities being above average for this level, you have to have goals in the team. Of course there isn't anything you can do about not having Taylor, Grant or Aribo, but Fosu is potential goals as is Parker - not perfect but better than no chance of goals! Some elements of football do come down to statistics. Cullen and Bielik - you have to pick one - Bauer being out next week might actually help us!

You have to try to get goals in a team when there aren't any!
  • Options

... maybe something can be salvaged ... and it isn't all over!

I look at it this way. Only one more match to go without Taylor. We still look good for the play-offs, barring a total collapse. By the time they come around we should have Aribo, Vetokele, Page, Pearce, and Morgan back and match fit, plus Parker bedded in, with possibly more to come from Williams and Fosu. With them strengthening our squad I would still quite fancy our chances against any two out of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterborough or Doncaster.
    Hang on. That sounds a bit upbeat for tonight.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Wasn't there so can't comment on the match itself.

However, I did predict a loss on the preview thread saying with no strikers we'll score no goals. Hackett Fairchild will never make it in league football & our midfield is so powder puff without Aribo we could play until next week and not score. 1 shot on target in 100 mins of play is appalling. Looking at the table I'd say it's 6 out of 7 (at a push 8 if you include Blackpool) so even with this non scoring team we should have a good shout at the play-offs. Autos between Luton, Sunderland & Barnsley.

And Pratley will be CH next week not Beliek.

And of Grant ever gets to read this I hope you're happy with a 20 min run out & the chance to shake David Luiz's hand you money grabbing bastard.

Turn it in, he's 21 and i imagine it's every young English footballers dream to play in the premier league. It's hardly money grabbing to further your career by playing at a higher level.

Besides, what would you do if another company offered you 4 times your salary? I can't imagine many of us would stick with our current company.
    He's 21 ffs.....not 31 !! It wasn't his last chance of a "payday" & in 5 months time he would have been out of contract & free to sign for any team of his choosing. Yes, most likely a Championship side but that's where he will be plying his trade next season...if he's lucky. He will get a dozen games at most in The Premiership & like today won't get much game time & certainly won't see too much of the ball. And again....he's joined Huddersfield. Not the most glamourous of clubs or places & certainly miles from home. If I was his agent I would have told him to look at the bigger picture. If he got us promoted then he'd still be in The Chsmpionshop anyway.....if not then he could leave on the summer with his head held high. Why do you think players like Scott Parker & Jetmain Defoe get pelters on her & others like Gomez get lauded. Yeah great...4 x increase in salary is wonderful but he'd still be doing alright at Rangers or most other Championship sides. He has still got 15 years ahead of him....plenty of time to earn some wonga if that his is motivation....because he didn't move for footballing reasons that's for sure.
  • Options

At the game, really hard to not feel dejected after that and the last week. Saying that there is some glimmer of hope in seeing Igor back and Taylor returns soon. I thought we looked a better team for most of it and but for a couple of mistakes by our defence Fleetwood were not really in the match. Technically, we were by far the better team but really missed having any kind of presence up front to bring others in to the attack. Williams played very high up the field almost as a number 9.

Lacked anything in the final third and RHF looked out of his depth. Williams, Beilik and Cullen were a class above. Parker didn't do much but was instrumental in one of our best chances, I think he will be OK but he is never going to replace Grant.

Not sure what happened but there was an argument between a Charlton fan and Mark Marshall, which ended up with the fan being ejected. I must have been fifteen rows back but I heard Marshall threaten to jump the boards he was that incensed. Never seen a player react like that before and I don't know what caused it but I don't think he set the best example regardless. Fleetwood was a nice little ground for the size of it.

When was that incident with Marshall? Ironic that it was someone in the seated areas who was ejected, when nobody was removed from us standees...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    About 20 mins in, Pratley had to pull him away.

Really didn't enjoy the fans being split, worst away atmoshpere i've experienced in a long time. The seated area didn't make a noise all game, it was like being back in the East stand!
  • Options
    Should have stayed in Strawberry Gardens, a nice pub.

A poor performance, yes the absence of Grant and Taylor was a massive blow, but that doesn’t excuse the defensive lapses or the team picked, no idea why Fosu didn’t start.

Dillon played well, but his distribution was really frustrating, as the short passes to Sarr led nowhere and created pressure on ourselves. Interestingly someone queried this with him, and he replied “gaffer”

Sloppy pass by Sarr gave away the goal, but collectively our defence were a bit below par, and Bielik had one of those games where he’s good but hangs on to the ball too long and gets caught.

Fosu improved things when he came on, Parker had a reasonable debut and Igor was sharper that I expected, but it was all a bit too little, too late
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Just like to say that we haven’t scored from open play for 306 minutes. Our owner really is a brain dead senile old . That is as good as my input gets I’m afraid, pissed off.
  • Options

Our midfield really need to learn how to score. The tally from midfield this season is not good enough for a top 6 side.

That was always a strength of a Curbs side. Balanced contributions from all over.
  • Options

No Taylor, no Grant, no goals.

& no Fucking chance...☹️
  • Options
    It is how it is ain't it Lee?