Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    People weren’t happy when Grant was put into the team at a young age and when he wasn’t ready. For those that have seen Reeco play, is this too much for him at this stage?
  • Options
    Bielik can surely take a mean penalty
  • Options
    Hopefully we can win a fair number of corners/ set pieces around the box.
  • Options

People weren’t happy when Grant was put into the team at a young age and when he wasn’t ready. For those that have seen Reeco play, is this too much for him at this stage?

Up front on his own i'd say yes, maybe with a decent strike partner he'd be ok.
  • Options

Ridiculous that neither Fosu or Parker are starting.

Recent selection not promising for the former re-signing for the club
  • Options
    I hope Williams, Reeves and Lapslie play positively, we don't need 3 holding midfielders.
  • Options

Don't think Reeco is a lone striker nor that there is enough width in that midfield.

Our midfield have underperformed in terms of goals.

Now with no Grant or Taylor they badly need to step up.

Who is our penalty taker? Igor has taken them but on bench. Lapslie?

Regards the midfield. I said much the same thing yesterday. Nowhere near enough goals coming from them. Just whose going to score? Hope I'm wrong but until Taylor is back I can see '0' in the 'goals for' column.
  • Options

Agreed. Looked good when he came on last week!
  • Options
    Don’t think that team looks too bad. Big need for Williams to run at them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At Benidorm helping the wife celebrities her birthday . Partly cloudy and windy . Try and catch the scores when I can
    COYR
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

That’s a mid table 11 at best. Not a good feeling today.

The midfield and defence are top 6 quality
    That’s all good until your opponent scores early.
  • Options
    Maryland, 20 degrees (F) and sunny, which feels quite barmy compared to the 2 degrees earlier in the week. Been ridiculously cold here, but looking forward to the rip-roaring Addicks "warming the cockles", so to speak.
  • Options
    Vetokele?? There is no way he is fit.

That's RD, sweating the assets.

Greetings from Paris, en route back to Prague by train. Who says I'm not proper Charlton?
  • Options
    It’ll be interesting to see how that midfield lines up. Last week it almost looked like an X rather than a diamond.

Bielik Cullen
    Pratley
    Reeves Williams

If it doesn’t work I hope we don’t wait too long before switching to two strikers.
  • Options
  • Options
    We will create a lot of chances today.
    I reckon Williams might just tuck away the only goal of the game.
  • Options

Haven’t seen much of him but I’d agree, experienced strikers can struggle with it, never mind a young striker. Thought he did well last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it hadn't been for his concussion break, Lapslie had been getting closer and closer to his first league goal.
    I think he might feel more licence to have a pop rather than defer today, and knows enough of Reeco's game to know when to and when not to feed him the ball.
    George, if you don't shoot you don't score...go for it mate.
  • Options
    What about Bielik playing as a makeshift no.9 with Reevo playing off him? Desperate times need desperate solutions...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Reeco to get two goals today
  • Options
    Will learn a lot about Bowyer today I think. Will need to use 14 players to win this. 2-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    442 looked so much better last week.

Can you watch on I follow?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Will learn a lot about Bowyer today I think. Will need to use 14 players to win this. 2-0 Charlton.

Trouble is it seems a lot of people want an entirely different 14-players.
    COYA....
  • Options
    Cloudy 2°C here in Karlan Grant’s new home town.
    There has been absolutely nothing on social media from my Town friends about KG, so I’m guessing it’s a meh from them.
    Hope we contain them today and Parker comes on to score the winner. COYRs.
  • Options
    masicat said:

If he gets a win today then what we will learn is that he is a top manager of the future, and if that old goat isn't out by May, he will be offski.

Happy to take a draw myself.

• Options
    0-0 @ HT

2 up top second half and the Addicks win 2-0. Parker and Bielik with the goals
  • Options
    I see they’ve got two of the Wallace brothers playing for them , used to play for Soton , I thought they’d retired
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!