Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who of our remaining players could fill Grants role?

In my view we need another player as well as Parker capable of playing in that role, any ideas on this?

Fosu perhaps?

Comments

• Other than a youngster (Anderson, Ocran, Oauouatagea (sp?)), we don't have one. That's what is so galling...
  • William Wilberforce
  • Williams is actually another, Fosu has an eye for goal just doesn't get in the box enough from the positions he's been playing until now. Not sure on Williams whether he has ability in that area.
  • Fosu, and may be worth trying Joe Aribo up top when he is back.
  • Josh Parker will be the man.
  • Parker has played 11 games there this season so I'd stick him up there.

Reeco is the next quick forward we have, but could do with some anabolics.
  • Sarr and Taylor, when Pearce is fit.

Joke.
  • how many of Parkers appearances are from the bench?
  • Sponsored links:

• As LB has stated, Reeco, like Grant, has an opportunity to make a showing. He looks a talented youngster, but feel he needs to physically 'fill out' a little more. It's a tough, physical division and teams don't take prisoners.
  • edited February 2019
    Recco has looked very unready to the point of general consensus was he would be released end of season until a few mins in the last game.

Fosu is probably the closest and MAY be ok but big risk.

Let’s hope this lad from Gills is better than people are expecting
  • who else is expecting Bowyer himself to have to suit up this season at some stage.? :smile:
  • razil said:

In my view we need another player as well as Parker capable of playing in that role, any ideas on this?

Fosu perhaps?

Anyone partnering Taylor will get chances. Its about whether they can put them away. Even Grant missed plenty of one on ones.
  • Reeco looked good in his 20 mins at Peterborough.
    Wouldn’t rule out Marshall.
  • The best technical player to put the ball away was Clarke..... :neutral:

Fosu isn’t intelligent enough to play up top.

It’s got to be the new guy and Reeco from the bench.

Even Reeves playing behind Taylor might work, bit of a free role ala my namesake.
  • How do you know Fosu's intelligence? Genuinely interested because last season he was fantastic. He's just struggling to adjust to Bow's formations
  • Fosu is the only player who can match Karlans footwork and pace. Big end of season for Fosu, he's gone from being the first name on the sheet last season to a bench player, needs to claim his starting spot with Karan gone and Taylor out
  • Dazzler21 said:

How do you know Fosu's intelligence? Genuinely interested because last season he was fantastic. He's just struggling to adjust to Bow's formations

IMHO he’s a typical player at this level. And to be clear by intelligence I meant football, not maths etc.

He has a ‘natural ability’ above league one but he lacks football intelligence, that’s why he’s in league 1. That means that yes, every so often he’ll strike a wonder goal, but more often than not he’ll pick the wrong pass, not release the ball quick enough, strike when he should pass etc etc.

In comparison a player like Jackson (when he played), probably not the natural ability of someone like Fosu, but a high football intelligence. Hence he over achieved at league 1 level.

That’s what defines top players to average players. The very top are highly intelligent with outstanding ability. As you go down one or other is lacking to a degree.
  • Igor I reckon may surprise a few. Taylor does the leg work and Igor is a more natural finisher compared to Grant imo