Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to Roland

Thanks for nothing. Now just sell up, fuck off, and leave us alone.

Comments

• Roland your a clueless idiot
  • Just sell the club from %99.9 of fans
  • Message to Roland? Where's @blackpool72 when you need them!
  • According to one CL member two weeks ago everyone who thinks Roland Duchatelet is spiteful is deluded ?

Roland Duchatelet is a rich man who has been humiliated and exposed as a very poor owner not only by Charlton fans but primarily by Standard Liege fans.
    Plus the fact his young female mentor was ridiclued and did a runner into the middle of next week.

I think the Siberian conditions many fans put ourselves through on that night in Woolwich (4 years ago ?) Which felt a dystopian winter was encircling OUR football club and could only end in tears.
    Plus the prophetic words of one fan who said he would accept League 2 if it got rid of Duchatelet and Meire. Be careful what you wish for as we were in the Championship then.

Some very rich men like David Gold and Philip Green love flaunting the money, Duchatelet just likes the power it gives him and can't believe supporters aren't thankful for that.

Spite, is the very motive that keeps him going.

Yet another dangerous period in our history.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to one CL member two weeks ago everyone who thinks Roland Duchatelet is spiteful is deluded ?

Roland Duchatelet is a rich man who has been humiliated and exposed as a very poor owner not only by Charlton fans but primarily by Standard Liege fans.
    Plus the fact his young female mentor was ridiclued and did a runner into the middle of next week.

I think the Siberian conditions many fans put ourselves through on that night in Woolwich (4 years ago ?) Which felt a dystopian winter was encircling OUR football club and could only end in tears.
    Plus the prophetic words of one fan who said he would accept League 2 if it got rid of Duchatelet and Meire. Be careful what you wish for as we were in the Championship then.

Some very rich men like David Gold and Philip Green love flaunting the money, Duchatelet just likes the power it gives him and can't believe supporters aren't thankful for that.

We'll never know, but I don't think it has anything to do with spite.
    It's about money and trying to minimise losses.
    So taking the free water away from youngsters at Sparrows Lane was nothing to do with spite. I know money and the power it's gives you is the raison d'etre for Duchatelet but spite is part of the retaliation of rich men scorned.
  • edited February 2019
    Would be owners shouldn't be involved with professional football clubs if they do not as a prerequisite, have the hunger and desire for the playing side to be successful.
    Roland you fail to acknowledge or even recognise the importance of this basic yet fundamental requirement.
    You have therefore built the foundations to reap what you have sewn - FAILURE
    Both on and as a direct consequence off the field of play.

So seeing the Sofa demolished and his young muse go to Sheffield after the abuse she got from the fans, because we know she told porkies and was useless at her job, BUT in the the mind of Duchatelet she was superb and forced out because she was a women and a foreigner.

I know and accept the financial side of his mind but revenge is in there and I'm amazed that basic Human flaw/motivation (take your pick) hasn't been recognised.
  • Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)
    Better think of your future (ah-ah-ah)
    Time you straighten right out (ah-ah-ah)
    Creating problems in town (ah-ah-ah)

Roland
    A message to you, Roland
    A message to you

Stop your fooling around (ah-ah-ah)
    Else you'll wind up in jail (ah-ah-ah)

Roland
    A message to you, Roland
    A message to you

Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)
    Creating problems in town (ah-ah-ah)

Roland
    A message to you, Roland
    A message to you, Roland
    Oh, it's a message to you, Roland
    Yeah, it's a message to you, Roland

• I do believe some of you actually think he logs on to Charlton Life! Seriously, if you were him, would you?

So taking the free water away from youngsters at Sparrows Lane was nothing to do with spite. I know money and the power it's gives you is the raison d'etre for Duchatelet but spite is part of the retaliation of rich men scorned.
    Come off it. He's a penny pinching scrooge and wants to reduce the massive losses anyway he can.
    Why would he want to spite Academy players ?
    Sorry, but I think that's ludicrous.

Come off it. He's a penny pinching scrooge and wants to reduce the massive losses anyway he can.
    I know you worked in finance all your life so would only see the money side of it and not the emotional side of it But once he knew he was looking to sell then the water was a spiteful thing to do Because he knew that would be reported back to the fans who he blames.

The youngster are just pawns in the game.

You really struggle to understand that simple point.
  • edited February 2019
    I think that is the problem. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Roland had an opportunity to do so, not for the first time, and for a moderate outlay. Instead we leave the window short of strikers. Roland's teams are always short in one key area.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

I do believe some of you actually think he logs on to Charlton Life! Seriously, if you were him, would you?

Ok I'm Spartacus....

I know you worked in finance all your life so would only see the money side of it and not the emotional side of it But once he knew he was looking to sell then the water was a spiteful thing to do Because he knew that would be reported back to the fans who he blames.

I understand what you are saying, I just emphatically disagree.

I assume Cahones made the decision, when I assume he was tasked with finding as many cost savings as possible.

I can't imagine for a nano second that RD was going through CAFC accounts, came across the academy bottled water.

Then said to himself I'll cut that cost & make them fill their bottles with tap water, because it would really piss off CARD.

Do you really really think that happened ?
    I don’t think Keohane has any role in relation to the academy. De Turck has been responsible for cost cutting.

From what I understand the general view inside the club is that he is clueless about football.

See the story about replacing the kit van with a trailer that staff or volunteers could attach to their cars. There are others.
    Thanks, but it doesn't alter my view that it's cutting costs to reduce a massive operating loss, as opposed to an act of spite.

I assume Cahones made the decision, when I assume he was tasked with finding as many cost savings as possible.

I can't imagine for a nano second that RD was going through CAFC accounts, came across the academy bottled water.

Then said to himself I'll cut that cost & make them fill their bottles with tap water, because it would really piss off CARD.

I don’t think Keohane has any role in relation to the academy. De Turck has been responsible for cost cutting.

From what I understand the general view inside the club is that he is clueless about football.

See the story about replacing the kit van with a trailer that staff or volunteers could attach to their cars. There are others.
    Thanks, but it doesn't alter my view that it's cutting costs to reduce a massive operating loss, as opposed to an act of spite.
    I get it CE but how long do we let him keep kicking us in the b@llocks.
    £1.5 million and he don't want to give bowyer £500,000.
    It's us that's suffering and there's no f@cking need for it.
    His aim is for us to flop into the championship with low running costs and he can then tell everyone how good he is.

I don”t think it’s spite. Whether it’s worthwhile is another matter.
  • addick05 said:

I do believe some of you actually think he logs on to Charlton Life! Seriously, if you were him, would you?

Ok I'm Spartacus....
  • Just swallow you pride and sell the club

It's absolutely all to do with spite! He's an egomaniac who is utterly determined to pay us back for the embarrassment caused to him in his own country! He won't care that it's costing him (in relative terms) peanuts, all he wants is revenge.

Yes, it may sound dramatic and fanciful, but I'm convinced that he's the architect of some of the 'sale' rumours (underpinned by very robust NDAs, hence little of any substance coming from any prospective buyers). He will be taking great pleasure in taking us 'to the edge' with rumours of imminent sales, then watching us implode when he surreptitiously pulls the plug on it. If he was really genuinely interested in selling it would have happened ages ago; probably even before the ill fated 'done deal' error of judgement.

So I'm with soapboxsam on this. Duchatelet is being spiteful (to put it mildly). He's a nasty bit of work and there's simply no way he'd let us off scot free for the protests etc. Sadly, you could argue that we're reaping what we've sown in a perverse sort of way, and that without protests and pain etc, he'd have been long gone.

For the record also, I was, and still am, 100% behind protest activity that has highlighted our plight under this monster. Has it done any good though? Sadly, I doubt it.

I despise him with a passion.