Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    Bristol wouldnt let Eisa go so all round no ones fault, if Parker can nab 5-6 goals might just be a blinding signing he will have plenty to play for, hungry to do well, a contract renewal and possible Championship football.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Does anyone know if Antigua and Montserrat are deadly local rivals? Would be pretty funny if so

Very good, Leuth ...... Don't want to imagine Taylor and Parker giving each other the cold shoulder during the game.
  • Options
    Sounds fishy to me. Has gillsintheblood eaten too much fish?
  • Options
    omg, Antigua and Montserrat really ARE right next to each other! maybe it's more a brotherhood than a rivalry...we hope...
  • Options
    I tried to text my red star supporting mate, as I haven't got one, it wouldn't send.
  • Options

Aside from me having a moan about the lack of signings, when I saw this pop up on twitter I was actually pretty happy with it.

I can only base it on one game cause it's only the one time I've watched him and it was this season against Gills at home when they were without Eaves. I expected a routine win for us but I thought that was a pretty good game and he was their stand out player for me along with their big goalie Holy. He seemed very quick and got the ball moving well and had good close control.

Any ifollow game I watch I usually record so being the saddo that I am if I have the game on my pc I'll cut out all his bits during the game where he looked decent and make a little montage out of it, just so people can see how he did against us cause I doubt many remember by the looks of twitter.

I feel like this is a Bowyer signing, deffo seems to fit into a Bowyer team more than Clarke would have and it's hardly a risk. The disappointing part of the evening is that we didn't manage Eisa cause I have thought for a while he would have been the player we needed to cover our lack of a pacey winger who can beat a man.

Ah well, good luck Parker and welcome to Charlton, couple of good games and people will forget the negative comments they made in a hurry

That video of the goals he scored last season made me feel slightly more optimistic than before, but it's a massive ask for him really, coming in with no Taylor for 2 games, and no Eisa, so there's a lot of pressure on him to hit the ground running.
    I think he will surprise us, he seems like a 100%er to me and with Taylor making space for him and players like Williams and Fosu (when he's back at it) behind him who knows. Let's face it he's at Charlton now, we play a lot better than the Gills and he may get more chances here.

All of us will know after 5 games roughly how he is gonna turn out. Leicester fans laughed at us when we signed Yann and look how that turned out, I also remember Bradford slating Billy Clarke and look how good he was for us.

If Parker can chip in with 8 or so goals and assists combined for the remainder of the season than that will do.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I tried to text my red star supporting mate, as I haven't got one, it wouldn't send.

Go to bed! :smile:
  • Options

Eaves is a donkey, however still surprised by this.

If you think Eaves is a Donkey you couldn't have been at the valley last season when he was exceptional in their 1-0 victory.
    Pretty sure Parker scored their goal
    Yea I think he did
  • Options

One Gills fan posted on the GillsConnect forum what he thought of Josh Parker:

"A little sad to see him leave us, I think he will perform better at a club that has much better players, coaching and infrastructure.

Josh was always pretty decent with his head and the Swansea game would have been perfect for his style of play because he is pretty good at holding the ball up. Shame he fell out with Lovell, but our current manager is on borrowed time only and the loan signs tells me everything at the Gills is short term only."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Short term only?

Give me strength.

• Options
    I'll say for Parker - he has balls.

As a black Englishman, choosing to play for the most notoriously nationalistic team in one of the world's most racist countries that also happened to have the shit bombed out of it by the English only 25 years ago...I mean, that's a bold move
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Does anyone know if Antigua and Montserrat are deadly local rivals? Would be pretty funny if so

Lmao bang on right next door to each other! Would be quite a laugh!
  • Options
    Antigua's current Captain btw
  • Options
    Gallen would have had a list of targets and Bowyer prolly had heard of a couple on there , Josh would have been down that list and I’m not sure bowyer would have remembered him .
    Last minute.com let’s hope he’s good .
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

........a six month contract. Is Roly winding us up at the end of the season?

He’s been winding me up for a fucking long time
  • Options
    Just for some more joy

Palace sign Batshuayi a Belgian international who scored in last years World Cup and is on £160k a week
    We sign Parker an Antiguan international who played in the Caribbean Cup and is on £160k a year

We aren’t even on the same planet as our not so near neighbours .
  • Options
    Go to bed
    Fuck off ive got IBS
  • Options
    Can't contain my excitement ...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Big welcome to Josh Parker. But to fill the boots of Joe Dodooo Karlan is going to be a big ask ... if you ask me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somebody up front who has pace, is described as strong and physical is just what we need to play alongside Lyle Taylor who has had to take on that role all on his own so far this season, apart from occasional cameo roles by Grant during matches and has picked up all the bookings as a result. And Gallen knows him which is all we need to know.

This could turn out to be a much better strike partnership than the G&T one was which over 90 minutes was probably more Tyler than Grant
  • Options
    That goals video looks promising. He looks big and strong with an eye for good goals. I think he will compliment Lyle’s creative style. I can see 10 goals from him this season if we continue how we have been playing so far. Cautiously optimistic!
  • Options
    Might actually score from corners now.
  • Options
    At least he should be match fit I suppose. We need to hope Igor can get there asap as well.
  • Options
    Another signing with uncle Albert look. Head upside down. Can’t understand people who have bald head and beards they look ridiculous. Anyway all the best josh.
  • Options
    PWR.
    “Permanent” lol.

Before I went to bed last night, people taking the piss at how far Ricky Holmes had fallen.
    Wake up to find we’ve been rummaging in the pikeys bins for their cast offs.

• Options

Excited by this - Josh is one of the best Antiguan players I've seen.

Who is the best? Viv Richards?
  • Options
    Anyone know what squad number is he going to wear as I want to get his name on the back of my Charlton shirt?
  • Options

Anyone know what squad number is he going to wear as I want to get his name on the back of my Charlton shirt?

I can start wearing my old shirt again