Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options

Eaves is a donkey, however still surprised by this.

If you think Eaves is a Donkey you couldn't have been at the valley last season when he was exceptional in their 1-0 victory.
    Pretty sure Parker scored their goal
    We lost 2-1
  • Options
    seems like he's our striker to replace Grant with Bowyer saying he'll play alongside Taylor.

apart from Gilligham the only club he's played more than a handful of games is the Slovenian giants Domzale. probably as well know to you as Josh Parker is.
  • Options

We've knocked it out of the park with this one.

Jesus wept.

Let’s hope it’s a case of ‘he used to be shite, but now he’s alright’. That might satisfy everyone!
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

No view on this but presumably we haven’t given him a six month deal because we can’t afford his wages.

We have given him a six month deal haven't we?
    Yes - my point is why? In Williams’ case it’s affordability in L1, which I get, but as this bloke has come from Gillingham he can’t be that expensive.
    Could just be seen as a short term option maybe good enough to help us get out of this league but not good enough for The Championship. If we get promoted why would we want him for any longer than the end of the season? And if we don't go up he could be offered a new deal anyway.
  • Options
    Wasn’t a few people in here saying which should sign him last season when he had a purple patch for gills?
  • Options
    Never heard of him, but best of luck Josh.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

No view on this but presumably we haven’t given him a six month deal because we can’t afford his wages.

We have given him a six month deal haven't we?
    Yes - my point is why? In Williams’ case it’s affordability in L1, which I get, but as this bloke has come from Gillingham he can’t be that expensive. I just think it jars with the official sales pitch.
    If we signed him on a 2 and half year contract we could be stuck with him in the championship? Doesn't look like he has been signed with the potential to step up a level.
  • Options
    what does he mean by "especially to Charlton?"

anyway apart from that this tweet lifts my spirits a tad over this signing.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

........a six month contract. Is Roly winding us up at the end of the season?

im assuming he only had 6 months left on his gills contract and they needed rid to free up wages for Holmes.

no point us signing him on loan as we'd be using up a loan spot and only giving him six months means we haven't committed to anything
    exactly, so we rate him so highly we only sign him until the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Parker is a journeyman footballer who may be a decent player to have in the 18 but replacement for 14 goal Grant, hardly.

Still beggers can't be choosers and he will be the first name on the team sheet this Saturday and next.

Had a torrid time in Serbia but had done ok at Gillingham.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

........a six month contract. Is Roly winding us up at the end of the season?

I hate what the cheap asset stripper is doing - he clearly doesn't believe he has any responsibility other than to himself.
  • Options
    At least he looks mobile. Six month contract tells me all I need to know about him really.
  • Options

what does he mean by "especially to Charlton?"

anyway apart from that this tweet lifts my spirits a tad over this signing.
    I suppose they're surprised he's gone from one end of the table to the other
  • Options
    Antigua international, so another callup?
  • Options
    I think I'd rather make do with Hackett- Fairchild.

Gillingham reject.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the arrival of Antigua and Barbuda international Josh Parker on a permanent deal from Gillingham.

We've only signed him to add to our stock of international players ...... we might need to get a game called off when Taylor is next suspended. :smile:

• Options
    But surely he has not been brought in to replace Grant?
  • Options
    Welcome to the club josh, hope it works out...
  • Options
    Wow.
  • Options

Wow.

Impressed then, Large?

• Options
    Don’t really know anything about him but logic tells me that Bowyer/ Gallen rate him / have chose him over Ricky Holmes.

Would those unhappy have been happier if we had announced Holmes?
  • Options
    Didn't he have a trial with us before joining Gillingham?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We can’t have it all ways

We want the Belgian to leave

We want the Belgian to spend money

Ain’t gonna happen is it really
  • Options

how about we give him a chance before we start slagging him off ?

Never

in the words of Danny Shittu

"This is what we do" (on charltonlife)