Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C. Powell and K. Grant. Anyone else?

2»

Comments

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

Keith Jones (of course) and Ken Jones, who apparently played 25 times for us between 1964 and 1966.

Ken Jones was a goalie wasn't he? Seem to recall him in goal around the time Mike Rose was also the goalkeeper.
    Yes Ken Jones was a 'keeper and a minor counties cricketer (Lincolnshire I believe) too.

I remember him bowling the ball from the goal to the Covered End West corner flag and taking the flag clean out of the ground. It looked like a perfect yorker!
  • Options
    The two Bents.

Darren and the other one.

Dennis wasn't it ?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Keith Jones (of course) and Ken Jones, who apparently played 25 times for us between 1964 and 1966.

Ken Jones was a goalie wasn't he? Seem to recall him in goal around the time Mike Rose was also the goalkeeper.
    Ken was yes, possibly just before Mike as I remember seeing M play but not sure about K so maybe M replaced K who possibly was playing for the reserves ?
    Just looked in the Charlton handbook and Mike Rose played 84 times between 1963/64 -1966/67 and Ken Jones 27 times from 1964/65 - 1965/66 and then Charlie Wright played 209 times between 1965/66- 1970/71. So looks like Jones was principally a no. 2 to Rose and then Rose ended up as No.2 to Wright.
    Thanks for clearing that up robinoo :smile:
  • Options
    Chris Jones and Keith Jones, both related I believe.
  • Options
    Paul and Robbie Elliot ditto.
  • Options

Chris Jones and Keith Jones, both related I believe.

Paul and Robbie Elliot ditto.

I'm not sure you've quite got the hang of this thread
  • Options
    Did we have more than one Ghoochannejhads?
  • Options

Did we have more than one Ghoochannejhads?

Most men have two
  • Options
    J Campbell (Jock)
    J Campbell-Ryce
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Parker twins, Scott and Josh.