Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    I could be wrong but is Karlan not behind the keeper when the initial shot is taken, if so is he then not offside as he is behind the keepe
    Since when was that a rule?
  • Options
    I could be wrong but is Karlan not behind the keeper when the initial shot is taken, if so is he then not offside as he is behind the keepe
    As I said I am probably wrong but I always belived if you were behind the keeper you were not offside as the original rule was there must be a defender between the attacker and Goalkeeper.

If I am wrong surely you would see more offsides from corners as if the attacker is on the line chances are he would be offside, depending on the position of the defenders

Again if i am wrong i am wrong, I have had a long stressful day and my head is killing snd i cant think straight
  • Options
    As I said I am probably wrong but I always belived if you were behind the keeper you were not offside as the original rule was there must be a defender between the attacker and Goalkeeper.

If I am wrong surely you would see more offsides from corners as if the attacker is on the line chances are he would be offside, depending on the position of the defenders

Again if i am wrong i am wrong, I have had a long stressful day and my head is killing snd i cant think straight
    For clarification, you cant be offside direct from a corner because you cant be " closer to the goaline than the ball at the time the ball was last played". Also, there needs to be two players nearer to the goal line (one is often the goalkeeper, but doesnt have to be), than the most forward attacker for there to be no offside.
  • Options
    He's goal side of the keeper
  • Options
    Very surprised as it didn't look like he touched it, but well done anyway!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Does Roland get more money if KAG scores ?
  • Options
    It's the second to last defender where the line is drawn.  Rarely is the goalie in front of the defenders, but say the goalie's ahead of the number 4 CD then the line of offside ignores the four and starts with the goalie.
  • Options
    This could be a good quiz question in the future if it turns out to be his only Prem goal!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know I have dodgy eyes but if he touched it then I'm a chinaman. Huddersfield must be desperate if they want him to have that one.

Fraud.
    It seems Mr Chan that the goal is definitely Grant's.
  • Options
    I know I have dodgy eyes but if he touched it then I'm a chinaman. Huddersfield must be desperate if they want him to have that one.

Fraud.
    Surely if the dubious goals panel have awarded it to him, then it touched him and its his goal, nothing to do with hudds being desperate
  • Options
    Same as John Aldridge in the 90's. Claimed everything & as defenders don't like OG's going against them then they're ore than happy too. I remember he "claimed" one that would have given him a milestone (200 maybe ?) a few years after he retired. 

That being the case I'm now altering my scorecard to show I hit a 67 around St Andrews back in 1998. Everyone happy.....good.
  • Options

WTF   the GK has no difference when it comes to offside lol crazy
  • Options
    Well done Karlan. 
  • Options
    Same as John Aldridge in the 90's. Claimed everything & as defenders don't like OG's going against them then they're ore than happy too. I remember he "claimed" one that would have given him a milestone (200 maybe ?) a few years after he retired. 

That being the case I'm now altering my scorecard to show I hit a 67 around St Andrews back in 1998. Everyone happy.....good.
    You'd have a point of the defenders made the decisions.
  • Options
    Starts tonight home to Wolves

1st prem start, good luck Karlan its what dreams are made of
    My money on he's about to become a hero....
  • Options

Was amazed he wasnt involved on Saturday

On a high from scoring regulary for us; scores his first for Huddersfield and then gets left on the bench

Thats the Karlan I remember at Charlton before this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big up to Grant on SSN
  • Options

On a high from scoring regulary for us; scores his first for Huddersfield and then gets left on the bench

Did you see the goal? Something he had to beg for afterwards to the panel. 
  • Options

Still classed as his though isnt it... Nor is he the first Striker to ever do it
  • Options

Still classed as his though isnt it... Nor is he the first Striker to ever do it
    Exactly.

George Graham ran away claiming a goal in the 1971 FA Cup Final when someone else had got the final touch.

Harry Kane claims goals he wasn't even close to touching.

He even tries to claim goals in matches he wasn't even playing.
  • Options
    The view from the BBC covering the game...

Karlan Grant is having an excellent game for Huddersfield.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of the season in League One with Charlton, joining the Terriers during the January transfer window.

It's the likes of Grant who give Huddersfield hope for the future.

In a parallel dimension that last line should have read It's the likes of Grant who give Charlton hope for the future.
    Huddersfield fans are claiming that Grant has done more this game than the rest of their Strike force all season
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The view from the BBC covering the game...

Karlan Grant is having an excellent game for Huddersfield.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of the season in League One with Charlton, joining the Terriers during the January transfer window.

It's the likes of Grant who give Huddersfield hope for the future.

Must be some mistake... after all, Grant is a bang average League One striker who was being made to look good by Lyle Taylor.
    At the moment we should be worried about them taking Taylor too in the summer

Grant's issue at the moment is the ball isnt falling to him

Mounie is terrible just had a chance similar to Karlan's against Sunderland at the Valley yet headed wide... Shocking when you consider he cost £11m