Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Nations 2019

Comments

• That was disappointing 
  • If you give penalties away in kickable positions you get punished. Back to bad old England.

Can't blame Dan Coles today.

Wales took the chances so well done to them.

• Badly missed Atoje.
  • Stuck to a kicking game that was way off plus we were up against an excellent full back for a chnage. No plan B today. Poor discipline and too many mistakes
  • edited February 2019
    Chizz said:
    I think Sunday's game could be closer than some people are expecting. One excellent performance doesn't make England into world-beaters overnight and reading articles saying they're now potential World Cup winners strikes me as a little over the top. Like the football team, the media tends to feed a narrative of extremes - the Red Rose is either in crisis or about to knock the All Blacks off their perch - with room for anything in-between. 
    Can you please post again on 22nd February, playing down England's chances of beating Wales the following day please, @kinveachyaddick ?
    Ha ha! Got that one horribly wrong - hands up!   On the showing of the first two rounds this England side looks very good. By hook or crook, Jones seems to have found a winning balance. Wales will give them a decent test and should be a cracking test match but expect England to be 3 from 3 as they head home from Cardiff.
    Can you tell me what next week's Lotto numbers won't be please @kinveachyaddick ?
  • The English haters will be happy...
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    I think Sunday's game could be closer than some people are expecting. One excellent performance doesn't make England into world-beaters overnight and reading articles saying they're now potential World Cup winners strikes me as a little over the top. Like the football team, the media tends to feed a narrative of extremes - the Red Rose is either in crisis or about to knock the All Blacks off their perch - with room for anything in-between. 
    Can you please post again on 22nd February, playing down England's chances of beating Wales the following day please, @kinveachyaddick ?
    Ha ha! Got that one horribly wrong - hands up!   On the showing of the first two rounds this England side looks very good. By hook or crook, Jones seems to have found a winning balance. Wales will give them a decent test and should be a cracking test match but expect England to be 3 from 3 as they head home from Cardiff.
    Can you tell me what next week's Lotto numbers won't be please @kinveachyaddick ?
    Nope but I can tell you i’m having a drink or six tonight 🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
  • Game changed when Biggar came on, thought he looked very good and we tired quickly.

Ah well, keeps it interesting until the final day at least.
  • I was convinced that Ireland would beat England .. wrong ((:<) ..  that England would comfortably beat Wales .. wrong ((:<) .. I am not even going to risk 'forecasting' the outcome of the England v Italy game ((:>)

England bottled it yesterday, what sort of 'game plan' was that ? .. after all the terrific tries scored v France and Ireland, they were too scared to move the ball relying on kicking down the throats of the excellent Welsh backs .. rubbish .. a giant step backwards for England, back to being terrified of the Welsh 

• Sponsored links:

• When I saw Biggar was on the bench my immediate thought was we needed to get a big lead before they brought him on as he is so creative and efficient. 

We played well in the first half and that took a lot physically out of both sides, Biggar was the game changer. Shame because I hate losing to Wales 

The referee was not good today, I hate it when sides play for penalties which all the good sides do now days and the referee whilst giving us a couple of very soft decisions and being sensible with the handbags incidents was poor
  • Unfortunately not all referees are as good as Nigel Evans. 

• Unfortunately not all referees are as good as Nigel Evans. 

Evans ? .. think you mean Owens .. you never get a referee officiating on his own country .. but if Owens had refereed yesterday, England would have lost by sixty ((:>) 
  • I don't think it will be that bad a thing for England. I expect Ireland to beat Wales and they can still win the 6 Nations. This was probably a game they needed to learn from and probably will, with the World Cup coming up. 
  • I don't think it will be that bad a thing for England. I expect Ireland to beat Wales and they can still win the 6 Nations. This was probably a game they needed to learn from and probably will, with the World Cup coming up. 
    You'd expect England to pick up the bonus points against Italy & Scotland so just need Ireland to not get beaten by Wales hopefully!
  • These welsh surnames all the same to me. Nearly wrote Nigel Jones not Evans or Owens.

Still the best RU ref in the world I’d say. 
    You'd expect England to pick up the bonus points against Italy & Scotland so just need Ireland to not get beaten by Wales hopefully!
    Surely Wales can beat Ireland just with no bonus points?

If we then get bonus points in wins against Scotland and Italy then dont we win the Six Nations because we're just two points behind and have a better Points Difference?

If we then get bonus points in wins against Scotland and Italy then dont we win the Six Nations because we're just two points behind and have a better Points Difference?
    I could be wrong but I'm sure that teams are awarded an additional 3 points if they win the Grand Slam, Effectively stopping another team from winning the tournament. 

Yeah if a team win the grand slam they get 3 bonus points 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers that makes sense
  • Search is still on for the missing English rugby team, last seen leaving the pitch at half time, awful 2nd half performance much alike most of last year.

I could be wrong but I'm sure that teams are awarded an additional 3 points if they win the Grand Slam, Effectively stopping another team from winning the tournament. 
    Makes sense.  Would be really weird to have a team win the GS but someone else get 4 or 5 bonus points and beat them by one point or on points difference.
  • These welsh surnames all the same to me. Nearly wrote Nigel Jones not Evans or Owens.

Still the best RU ref in the world I’d say. 
    Owens isn't bad, just a touch over officious .. I rate Wayne Barnes as the top referee .. there are at least three very young English referees doing (Rugby) Premiership games who are already excellent and but for the desire to give sometimes not especially good referees from NZ, Aussie, SA, France and Italy international games, they would be getting a lot more exposure .. I'll say it to  chorus of boos .. ALL referees when taking England games are harder on the white tornados (lol) than on the opposition .. we can't always be in the wrong

• I feel like Nigel Owens wants to be the centre of attention on the pitch, give me Romain Poite any day
  • I’ll take two wins from Scotland and 2 from Ireland for the remaining games.
  • Yeah both trumped by England's two.
  • Weird thing is that had we got a point more against Wales we'd be above them now even though they'd won every game.
  • Ireland 19-0 France. HT
    France have spent 5 secs in the Irish 22.