Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2019

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    England lose to wales. 
    Wales lose to Ireland 

all goes down to bonus points. 

I think the bonus points system sucks balls personally
  • Options
    Thought Lawes looked excellent when he came on.
    Outstanding from the start today...
    His tackle on Bastareaud was Skinneresque.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    England lose to wales. 
    Wales lose to Ireland 

all goes down to bonus points. 

I think the bonus points system sucks balls personally
    I completely agree, its going to be very difficult for anyone to catch England now, you'd expect the bonus point against Italy & probably against Scotland too, so even if Wales beat England they already don't have enough bonus points from their first 2 games
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Thought Lawes looked excellent when he came on.
    Outstanding from the start today...
    His tackle on Bastareaud was Skinneresque.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!
  • Options
    It's a shame that it might mean less of exciting final days like 2015.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I think Sunday's game could be closer than some people are expecting. One excellent performance doesn't make England into world-beaters overnight and reading articles saying they're now potential World Cup winners strikes me as a little over the top. Like the football team, the media tends to feed a narrative of extremes - the Red Rose is either in crisis or about to knock the All Blacks off their perch - with room for anything in-between. 
    Can you please post again on 22nd February, playing down England's chances of beating Wales the following day please, @kinveachyaddick ?
    Ha ha! Got that one horribly wrong - hands up!   On the showing of the first two rounds this England side looks very good. By hook or crook, Jones seems to have found a winning balance. Wales will give them a decent test and should be a cracking test match but expect England to be 3 from 3 as they head home from Cardiff.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I think Sunday's game could be closer than some people are expecting. One excellent performance doesn't make England into world-beaters overnight and reading articles saying they're now potential World Cup winners strikes me as a little over the top. Like the football team, the media tends to feed a narrative of extremes - the Red Rose is either in crisis or about to knock the All Blacks off their perch - with room for anything in-between. 
    Can you please post again on 22nd February, playing down England's chances of beating Wales the following day please, @kinveachyaddick ?
    Ha ha! Got that one horribly wrong - hands up!   On the showing of the first two rounds this England side looks very good. By hook or crook, Jones seems to have found a winning balance. Wales will give them a decent test and should be a cracking test match but expect England to be 3 from 3 as they head home from Cardiff.
    If England win the tournament now they will have done remarkably well. 

Away to one of the world cup favourites, home to France and whilst they looked crap last weekend they have it in them to beat anyone, away to Wales for the first 3 games is a really hard set of opening games 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Expect a right tear up in Cardiff on Saturday. England have 2 enforced changes .. Mako Vunipola is out for the rest of the tournament and his bulldozing runs and tackling will be missed. Moon is an adequate replacement at loose head, but Mako is world class nowadays and will be missed. 
    Another Exeter Chief, Jack Nowell  comes back on the wing for the injured Chris Ashton .. always a close call between these two .. Nowell's extra defensive nous may well be useful in the first half .. I'd love to see another ex south sea islander, the huge and VERY fast Joe Cokanasiga (came to UK aged 3 with his Fijian soldier dad) given a run out in the second half after England get a good lead.
    The Welsh will be all hwyl and passion but they are just the lesser side of two good sides and passion will not get them through 80 minutes. They have picked the erratic Anscombe at fly half, he'll be a weakness, but watch out for full back Liam Williams and George North on the wing .. look out for a tight and crackling game in the Welsh Stadium of Hate ((:>)

Wales 15 v England 24
  • Options
    I can never call games at that ground between the 2 sides. The way we stifled Ireland at their own game and outright took the puss out of France has given me a lot of confidence which is hope, which is what kills us all

North and Williams are 2 genuine world class players and if Dan Biggar plays they have options to stretch the game. 

If we ride out the initial storm we will win and win by breaking their spirit. Really excited for this game 
  • Options
    Expect a right tear up in Cardiff on Saturday. England have 2 enforced changes .. Mako Vunipola is out for the rest of the tournament and his bulldozing runs and tackling will be missed. Moon is an adequate replacement at loose head, but Mako is world class nowadays and will be missed. 
    Another Exeter Chief, Jack Nowell  comes back on the wing for the injured Chris Ashton .. always a close call between these two .. Nowell's extra defensive nous may well be useful in the first half .. I'd love to see another ex south sea islander, the huge and VERY fast Joe Cokanasiga (came to UK aged 3 with his Fijian soldier dad) given a run out in the second half after England get a good lead.
    The Welsh will be all hwyl and passion but they are just the lesser side of two good sides and passion will not get them through 80 minutes. They have picked the erratic Anscombe at fly half, he'll be a weakness, but watch out for full back Liam Williams and George North on the wing .. look out for a tight and crackling game in the Welsh Stadium of Hate ((:>)

Wales 15 v England 24
    I’d like to see Cokanasiga play as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Travelling back to Kent tomorrow night to watch the match with the old man over the weekend. Very excited.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It's reported in today's 'Times' that Manu Tualagi has signed a pre contract agreement for €1 Million a year to play for the Paris based Racing 92 from next season .. Manu in Paree ? .. the mind boggles .. his love of a good drink and party is well documented. But, this is another example of why French International Rugby is in a mess. Like our Premier football league, their domestic RU league is awash with foreigners with little scope to develop home grown talent

Anyway, let's hope that Eddie J can keep Tuilagi fit and motivated enough to see him through the rest of this year's 6N and for the autumn's World Cup

UPDATE .. Leicester, Manu's club deny this report is true .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47330384
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    6 replacements at the same time by the sweatys v France, coach obviously not happy with them
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Got the girls at their grandparents, and might have a sneaky beer (out tonight, few bevvies and the boxing... Need to pace myself these days)
  • Options
    Farrell’s pre kick routine is a farce. Surely there is a time limit on it. Worse than JB Holmes putting. 
  • Options
    Farrell’s pre kick routine is a farce. Surely there is a time limit on it. Worse than JB Holmes putting. 
    Clock is stopped isn't it?  Doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    Lovely try 
  • Options
    May has been so good this tournament. Quietish game so far but what he's had to do he's done so well.
  • Options
    May has been so good this tournament. Quietish game so far but what he's had to do he's done so well.
    That was a brilliant move by him then. 
  • Options
    Why did Farrell kick it there!? Hope that doesn't prove costly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Want to see it again but thought he could possibly have just gone for the drop goal.  
  • Options
    The referees boots are a disgrace! you're not playing mate just wear some black ones.....
  • Options
    The referees boots are a disgrace! you're not playing mate just wear some black ones.....
    Nearly as bad as his hairline.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Clock is stopped isn't it?  Doesn't really matter.
    Nope. Just googled it. Kick needs to be taken within 60 seconds of the indication from the team that they want to take it even if the ball rolls over in the meantime. Clock keeps running. Farrell. must be in the limit. Even if he isn’t he’s really annoying!
  • Options
    Actually just timed Farrell’s latest effort. It really doesn’t take very long at all. Just annoying. 
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    Embarrassing. What happened secone half.
  • Options
    All over now
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Stuffed in the end.

Ill discipline began our undoing in the 2nd half IMO. 
  • Options
    From Naby Sarr to Yaki dar!! 

Come on now Ireland!! ☘️