Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Nations 2019

Comments

• @PaddyP17 what’s the score, @PaddyP17 what’s the score :wink:

Yeah, fair play. England looked fantastic today and while I'm plastic I shall remain so!

Four more games to go. Hope this was down to a bit of flatness just to lull the Angles into a false sense of security...?

Can't wait for the rest of the tournament though, and if Ireland lose, I'll play the "I'm Chinese and we're gonna dominate the world" card! :wink:
  • edited February 2019
    PaddyP17 said:

@PaddyP17 what’s the score, @PaddyP17 what’s the score :wink:

Yeah, fair play. England looked fantastic today and while I'm plastic I shall remain so!

Four more games to go. Hope this was down to a bit of flatness just to lull the Angles into a false sense of security...?

Can't wait for the rest of the tournament though, and if Ireland lose, I'll play the "I'm Chinese and we're gonna dominate the world" card! :wink:
    PaddyP17 said:

I suspect the Irish players had got a little complacent and cocky before this game despite their whip cracking hard nosed coach Joe Schmidt (good old Irish name lol) trying to keep them at it .
    Leinster and Munster, the regions which supply the majority of their squad, have rolled over most of their opposition in the European Championship Cup, the Irish national side have just beaten the All Blacks for the second time in a few months and the papers and pundits were suggesting that they would hardly bother to turn up and still win the 6 nations. I fell for this over the top adulation and propaganda as well.
    In top level sport, a 5% drop in form and performance allied to little complacency means trouble.
    The Irish were a few percent off the pace yesterday and suffered the consequences against an England side which was absolutely in top gear and mentally strong and confident in its game plan. The England squad must not now rest on its collective laurels, the World Cup must be the priority and is winnable especially as the ABs are no longer the titanic force of yore. I am sure that Eddie Jones will keep them right at it. Equally, this defeat does not relegate the Irish to no hopers. The result was good for European rugby as a whole as was the Welsh come back in Paris. But still alas poor Italy. Time for them to justify their spot in the six at the expense of other up and coming European outfits.
    I suspect that Owen Farrell was sent to bed with no supper last night, His daddy is on the Irish coaching team having been sacked by Eddie Jones. ((:>)
  • I tell you what, isn't it nice to wake up after watching a performance like that?

The intent was there from the start, Curry got a bit excited and thought he had cost us the game early but we rode the storm. Our forwards put in a bone crunching display of tackling and driving. And let's be honest, how glad are we that Tuilagi plays for us. Being tackled by him must be like being in a car crash!

I also can't imagine how demoralising it must be to see Laws coming off the bench when a side has seen the back of someone like Itoje.

If England can play with that intensity and keep our key players fit (Daly, May, Laws, Tuilagi, Teo, Cruis, Farrell, Care & Youngs) we can beat anyone in the world. Of course playing with that level of intensity will mean players take damage
  • Carter said:

I tell you what, isn't it nice to wake up after watching a performance like that?

The intent was there from the start, Curry got a bit excited and thought he had cost us the game early but we rode the storm. Our forwards put in a bone crunching display of tackling and driving. And let's be honest, how glad are we that Tuilagi plays for us. Being tackled by him must be like being in a car crash!

I also can't imagine how demoralising it must be to see Laws coming off the bench when a side has seen the back of someone like Itoje.

If England can play with that intensity and keep our key players fit (Daly, May, Laws, Tuilagi, Teo, Cruis, Farrell, Care & Youngs) we can beat anyone in the world. Of course playing with that level of intensity will mean players take damage

And Billy!
  • CJ Stander played an hour with a fractured cheekbone & eye socket, will miss the rest of the 6 nations.
  • CJ Stander played an hour with a fractured cheekbone & eye socket, will miss the rest of the 6 nations.

How shit must the support staff be not to realise that during the match?

I could only see his eye when he walked off, it looked bad then but sometimes these injuries aren't immediately obvious visually and only the person suffering from them will have an idea of what they've done.

The way rugby is now yes I am surprised it wasn't picked up sooner though
  • Thought Lawes looked excellent when he came on.
  • Immense England performance that, power, pace, muscle, crisp passing, resolute defence it had the lot + 4 tries, a repeat of that please next Sunday against the French.
  • Carter said:

I tell you what, isn't it nice to wake up after watching a performance like that?

And Billy!
    Both the Vunipola's - Maku was immense yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am not a massive Rugby fan but watch things like this and World Cup.

I was really impressed by Kruis I think it was (blue helmet)

Sounds like Evel Knievel to me. Did he have a motorbike an all?
  • Gutted.
    Best team won without cheating for a change, very refreshing.
    Oh & it was a try so hold ya whist Smudge :wink:

that was Nowell, number 14, the right winger .. Kruis is number 5, he is a lock/second row forward .. they could not look less alike ((:>)

that was Nowell, number 14, the right winger .. Kruis is number 5, he is a lock/second row forward .. they could not look less alike ((:>)
    Nowell that was it haha, just looker at the lineups amd tried to remember what name the commentators were saying haha.

But yeah Nowell really impressed me
  • Gutted.

Can’t help but have a dig, underdogs going into the match a fantastic performance still think Ireland win it
  • Great performance yesterday, hope itoje is ok because he is for me the best second row in the world, and Courtney Lawes looks like the second best now he’s put a stone of muscle in over the break.

They are both so good they could play flanker in most international teams.

Tualagi and Slade as centres worked very well.
  • Great performance yesterday, hope itoje is ok because he is for me the best second row in the world, and Courtney Lawes looks like the second best now he’s put a stone of muscle in over the break.

Itoje has damanged his medial ligament. Lawes or Launchbury are quality replacements.
  • Gutted.

Can’t help but have a dig, underdogs going into the match a fantastic performance still think Ireland win it
    The haters mate, always the haters...
  • It'll be good for Ireland, I hope, at the World Cup, helping to get rid of complacency.

We're not the best at being favourites and, while confidence is a good thing, we always seem to struggle more when expected to win.

That said, England played very well, just on the edge of infringement (as do all good rugby teams now).
  • Sponsored links:

Itoje has damanged his medial ligament. Lawes or Launchbury are quality replacements.
    Oh shit. Yes they are quality replacements but Itoje is arguably the best second row in the world.
  • bobmunro said:

Carter said:

And Billy!
    Both the Vunipola's - Maku was immense yesterday.
    He was - possibly our second best player behind Jonny May yesterday IMHO, but Billy is more important to us overall.

Oh shit. Yes they are quality replacements but Itoje is arguably the best second row in the world.
    Guess he will be out for six weeks which is most frustrating
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

I suspect the Irish players had got a little complacent and cocky before this game despite their whip cracking hard nosed coach Joe Schmidt (good old Irish name lol) trying to keep them at it .
    Leinster and Munster, the regions which supply the majority of their squad, have rolled over most of their opposition in the European Championship Cup, the Irish national side have just beaten the All Blacks for the second time in a few months and the papers and pundits were suggesting that they would hardly bother to turn up and still win the 6 nations. I fell for this over the top adulation and propaganda as well.
    In top level sport, a 5% drop in form and performance allied to little complacency means trouble.
    The Irish were a few percent off the pace yesterday and suffered the consequences against an England side which was absolutely in top gear and mentally strong and confident in its game plan. The England squad must not now rest on its collective laurels, the World Cup must be the priority and is winnable especially as the ABs are no longer the titanic force of yore. I am sure that Eddie Jones will keep them right at it. Equally, this defeat does not relegate the Irish to no hopers. The result was good for European rugby as a whole as was the Welsh come back in Paris. But still alas poor Italy. Time for them to justify their spot in the six at the expense of other up and coming European outfits.
    I suspect that Owen Farrell was sent to bed with no supper last night, His daddy is on the Irish coaching team having been sacked by Eddie Jones. ((:>)
    Some teams don't suit others. I think England were excellent at not giving the Irish anything.
  • Gutted.

Not a dig when it’s the truth.
  • ITV picked up a peak audience of 8.2m on Saturday, impressive numbers given time of game.
  • England have brought Dan Cole back into the squad for the French game .. someone tell me please … WHY ?
  • edited February 2019
    Gutted. Best team won without cheating for a change, very refreshing. Oh & it was a try so hold ya whist Smudge :wink:
    Not a dig when it’s the truth.
    well it does like a wee helping of sour grapes - the best team won without cheating? 
  • ITV picked up a peak audience of 8.2m on Saturday, impressive numbers given time of game.
    even more suprising that people would of headed to pub for it, as i did take full advantage of the match pint offer!!