Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Nations 2019

Comments

• Poor first half from Wales, 16-0 down at HT 12 mins into the 2nd half 16-14.
  • Come on Wales!
  • Great turnaround
  • French arse’ole jobs
  • Fantastic turnaround.
  • Take that, Macron !
  • Wasn’t expecting that second half! Massive mental blow to France to throw it away like that
  • Their kicker lost the game
  • edited February 2019

Their kicker lost the game

Anscombe was no better either although Biggar did his stuff when he came on as a replacement.

It came down to who made less errors in torrential rain and the opportunism of George North. Liam Williams didn't ground his 'try' but having scored an excellent try in the first half France's left winger made a terrible hash of gathering the ball in the second half to allow North a simple try. The French also tried to be too elaborate in the conditions and North made a timely interception and with the start he had nobody was going to catch him.

Well done Wales they stuck at it and it was an absorbing match to watch. North got Man of the match but Mavidi and Tipuric in the Welsh back row got through an enormous amount of work.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Afraid I'm a massive Plastic Paddy when it comes to rugby (blame my family out there being far, far more into it than football)!

Can't see past us for a Grand Slam, I'm afraid.

"Us"...

@cantersaddick are you reading this? Worse than your Surrey allegiance...
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone but the Welsh.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Afraid I'm a massive Plastic Paddy when it comes to rugby (blame my family out there being far, far more into it than football)!

Can't see past us for a Grand Slam, I'm afraid.

"Us"...

@cantersaddick are you reading this? Worse than your Surrey allegiance...
    You're dead to me Patrick! ;)
  • Well , France managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there, giving 2 tries to the Welsh .
  • Well , France managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there, giving 2 tries to the Welsh .

Strange how everyone quite rightly says 'it depends which France turns up' - well last night it was perfect symmetry, the first 40 mins was the France who can compete with any side on the planet and then the second 40 mins it was the France who would struggle in National League 1. Quite bizarre really.
  • France actually threw that one away, ubelievable howlers, as for that overly long missed passed throw what was he thinking, oh well come on Engalnd, really looking forward to this one later today, its gonna be brutal.
  • the France/Wales game merits a stewards enquiry ((:>)
  • Yesterday the English Roses mullered the Irish Coleens 51-7 .. let's hope the chappies can take courage from that and similarly smack the PaddyWhacks ((:>) ..
  • Yesss what a start
  • Got to be a red
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a clever move
  • This is making up for the football so far
  • Hard to judge on that disallowed try but the penalty made up for it. Great game to watch so far.
  • edited February 2019
    England using Irish tactics, bombarding little Earls and Henshaw who is a centre playing full back .. great game so far, England have better possession and are attacking and tackling like demons .. does Farrell ever miss a kick at goal ?
  • England using Irish tactics, bombarding little Earls and Henshaw who is a centre playing full back .. great game so far and England have better possession and are tacking like demons .. does Farrell ever miss a kick at goal ?

I'm really proud of how well we are playing. The referee us predictably pro Irish. The yellow card was deserved but every margin call has gone Ireland's way
  • Carter said:

England using Irish tactics, bombarding little Earls and Henshaw who is a centre playing full back .. great game so far and England have better possession and are tacking like demons .. does Farrell ever miss a kick at goal ?

I'm really proud of how well we are playing. The referee us predictably pro Irish. The yellow card was deserved but every margin call has gone Ireland's way
    Agree with this, I don’t even know if the Irish try was grounded, looked to me an England player had his hand under it. But most probably wrong as no one mentioned it,
  • How difficult is it for Football to replicate these VAR conversations? - Is talking to each other a concept that the Footballing bodies are yet to discover?
  • Forward pass, in the build up to the try?
  • England comfortable here. Farrell’s pre kick routine is really annoying (effective though).
  • Shwiiing looooooooow