Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grant is no Penalty taker

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Hate all the negativity towards grant. ‘He can’t finish’ ‘He can’t take penalties’. Scored 14 in the league this season and is our top scorer as well as one of the top scorers in the whole of the league. Has taken 3 pens and scored 2, confidently put all of them away except today’s. He’s leaving, but be grateful for what he done for us this season. He won’t be easy to replace

Well said.

Compare and contrast with the attitude towards Taylor.
    Exactly. Taylor has missed penalties too, and also has less goals than grant in the league. I love them both and I think they’re easily the best strike partnership in league 1. People on here expect them both to be perfect. If they were they wouldn’t be playing in league 1, and Grant won’t be this time next week
    Our promotion rivals will be well pleased.
  • Pointless now he is gone.

_MrDick said:

All of Grants Penalties so far have been weak with the goalie stopping or nearly stopping them.

To me, he is no Penalty Taker.
    Yet, the best Pen ive seen us take this season is Fosu at Luton - i think he was on the pitch today when the Pen was awarded?

Not to worry, he'll be taking no more pens for us this season or ever again
    Is this just idle speculation or is everyone in the Know ?
    Yes and he's going.
  • Even today Killer would have smashed through the back of the net.
    Motto: Have it!
  • I’m not one to get on players backs but I’m waiting for him to take the pen and I’ve no confidence in him whatsoever. My 8yr then says ‘I really don’t think he’ll score this’. Sadly we both turned out correct.

All pens that go in are good pens and all that don’t score are questionable. But I’ve never had any confidence at all in any of the ones he’s taken. Some players just don’t give off that aura, but specifically with Grant, instinctively he’s great but in general play the longer he has to think about a chance the more likely you feel that he won’t score.

Exactly.
  • He’s had his Ajose season this year
    He won’t get ten league goals(pens excluded :-) in the championship or above at any point in the rest of his career he’s a decent league one player at best .
    I’m gutted he’s leaving Cos it leaves us short and he is on fire for us but I’d like to think we’ll find Better when. The prick owner fucks off
    But we are play off bound anyway
    England are about to lose the cricket and I’m 12 Heineken’s in so bollox fuck wank my Tourette’s kicking In

Shall we have a bet that runs until the end of his career?

£10 to upbeats that he gets 10 goals plus in his career in champ or better?

See if we remember in 13 or so years haha!
  • He’s had his Ajose season this year
    He won’t get ten league goals(pens excluded :-) in the championship or above at any point in the rest of his career he’s a decent league one player at best .
    I’m gutted he’s leaving Cos it leaves us short and he is on fire for us but I’d like to think we’ll find Better when. The prick owner fucks off
    England are about to lose the cricket and I’m 12 Heineken’s in so bollox fuck wank my Tourette’s kicking In

Could be wrong but I think he's talking about 10 goals in a season rather than his career given that he talks about his 'Ajose season.'
  • LenGlover said:

He’s had his Ajose season this year

Could be wrong but I think he's talking about 10 goals in a season rather than his career given that he talks about his 'Ajose season.'
    Sorry, just terrible wording. I did mean in a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• He’ll barely get a game at Huddersfield which is a shame cause him and Taylor could fire us to promotion.

He’ll then have the pick of some better clubs I suspect
  • He won’t have a season total of 10 or more above league one
    Of course he might score 1 a season for the next ten years up there
  • He won’t have a season total of 10 or more above league one
    Of course he might score 1 a season for the next ten years up there

I meant 10 in a season in my post, just worded terribly haha.
  • Yep happy for that bet (pens not included and league goals only ) if he does it in prem I’ll pay £100 and then put my boots back on , I’ve just seen a video of that penalty today !
  • Haha okay mate - chances of us remembering this considering KG is 21 are very slim but hopefully we do haha!
  • You gotta remember it cos I’ve forgotten it already !
  • edited January 2019

You gotta remember it cos I’ve forgotten it already !

It's ok mate I've tucked it away in the memory bank Grant has got to score 100 league goals over the next ten years and you'll donate your old boots to charity :wink: .
  • Big Josh Magennis can't be that far away from 10 league goals for Bolton in the Championship to put things in perspective.
  • LenGlover said:

Big Josh Magennis can't be that far away from 10 league goals for Bolton in the Championship to put things in perspective.

I think i read he is their top scorer this season with 4 (unless he scored today).
  • LenGlover said:

Big Josh Magennis can't be that far away from 10 league goals for Bolton in the Championship to put things in perspective.

I think i read he is their top scorer this season with 4 (unless he scored today).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/top-scorers

4 in the league, 7 in total
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Josh Magennis is absolutely fucking pony, people slate Grant for scoring 14 in half a season, Magennis couldn't get 14 in the entire season
  • I wonder if Karlans off to millwall?
  • Josh Magennis is absolutely fucking pony, people slate Grant for scoring 14 in half a season, Magennis couldn't get 14 in the entire season

Agree, Magenis was feckin useless - couldnt believe we got money for Mac and Taylor for free ! chalk and cheese.
  • Is he leaving though?
  • Josh Magennis is absolutely fucking pony, people slate Grant for scoring 14 in half a season, Magennis couldn't get 14 in the entire season

He came close though; got 13 last season
  • Dazzler21 said:

Is he leaving though?

It would seem so.
  • I’m not one to get on players backs but I’m waiting for him to take the pen and I’ve no confidence in him whatsoever. My 8yr then says ‘I really don’t think he’ll score this’. Sadly we both turned out correct.

All pens that go in are good pens and all that don’t score are questionable. But I’ve never had any confidence at all in any of the ones he’s taken. Some players just don’t give off that aura, but specifically with Grant, instinctively he’s great but in general play the longer he has to think about a chance the more likely you feel that he won’t score.

I had a feeling he’d miss too. But his pressure penalty against Accrington was one of the season’s highlights for me.
    Up at Peterborough he looked more nervous, and the ref allowed Toney to get in his face - it took Bauer to move him on.
    The stuttering short run up didn’t help though, and I think in his mind he was waiting for the keeper to dive, but he didn’t :-(

As strikers I’d rate Taylor as an 8 and Grant as a 7.5 (including an extra mark for his pace) but as a combo I’d give them 9, certainly at this level.
  • Let's not forget O'Malley has a pretty decent record at savings pens this season!
  • Some players have one good penalty and when they have just scored using it, they feel they have to try something different. Recipe for disaster. I expected Grant to miss and that shouldn't be the case.