Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough v Charlton - Match Thread

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Afternoon everyone, I’m sure like me you are seeing clips of singing in Peterborough pubs and feeling very jealous not being there today.

So let’s get through this afternoon together with the Matchday crew!

Team news coming up soon, but been told Grant starts

Come on you reds!

Comments

• Hear hear sir!
  • Reeves in for Taylor
  • Reeves in for Taylor

That's as good as we could do, I think. Means we're going to knock it around them
  • Team in easy read format:

Charlton: Phillips; Solly (C), Bauer, Sarr, Purrington; Cullen, Bielik, Pratley; Williams, Reeves, Grant.

Subs (not used): Maxwell, Dijksteel, Marshall, Lapslie, Clarke, Fosu, Hackett-Fairchild.
  • Mind games from Bowyer.

Up the Addicks
  • Wilberforce doesn't even make the bench. Maybe Lord Bowyer has had to do a bit of rethinking about Clarkes situation?
  • Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has made just one change to the side that beat Accrington Stanley 1-0 at The Valley last week for today’s match away to Peterborough United.

Ben Reeves, an influential substitute in last week’s win, replaces Lyle Taylor, who was sent-off in that ill-tempered game, and serves the first of his three-game suspension today.

The change will likely mean an adjustment in formation for the Addicks who have played the 4-4-2 diamond and a 3-4-1-2 in recent weeks.

If Bowyer opts for a 4-3-3, which would seem most likely, one would expect Reeves and Jonny Williams to operate either wide of or just behind the in-form Karlan Grant.

Dillon Phillips keeps his place in goal after back-to-back clean sheets. In front of him will be captain Chris Solly, Patrick Bauer, Naby Sarr and Ben Purrington. The midfield three will likely be Josh Cullen, Krystian Bielik and Darren Pratley behind the aforementioned attacking trio.

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild and Billy Clarke return to the bench in place of the promoted Reeves and Wilberforce Ocran, who misses out on the final squad of 18.

Live commentary of the game is available on Valley Pass.
  • I was in a weatherspoons and the guy behind the bar was ecstatic about the money they were taking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Could also mean Pratley up front!

I had the same thought, and I genuinely think it's possible. He's big and decent in the air. He's useless in midfield. Just lump it to him up front.
  • .image

So Sarr and Cullen up front. Bet Posh weren't expecting that.
  • Probably the right thing to do, Reeves was very good when he came on last week so deserves to come straight back in.

Posh fans not very confident of getting anything from the game. COYR!
  • SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

Could also mean Pratley up front!

I had the same thought, and I genuinely think it's possible. He's big and decent in the air. He's useless in midfield. Just lump it to him up front.
    Or Pratley CB and Sarr up front...
  • Come on lads, very winnable game IMO and we owe them after they nicked 3 points off us earlier in the season.
  • Oggy Red said:

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has made just one change to the side that beat Accrington Stanley 1-0 at The Valley last week for today’s match away to Peterborough United.

Ben Reeves, an influential substitute in last week’s win, replaces Lyle Taylor, who was sent-off in that ill-tempered game, and serves the first of his three-game suspension today.

The change will likely mean an adjustment in formation for the Addicks who have played the 4-4-2 diamond and a 3-4-1-2 in recent weeks.

If Bowyer opts for a 4-3-3, which would seem most likely, one would expect Reeves and Jonny Williams to operate either wide of or just behind the in-form Karlan Grant.

Dillon Phillips keeps his place in goal after back-to-back clean sheets. In front of him will be captain Chris Solly, Patrick Bauer, Naby Sarr and Ben Purrington. The midfield three will likely be Josh Cullen, Krystian Bielik and Darren Pratley behind the aforementioned attacking trio.

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild and Billy Clarke return to the bench in place of the promoted Reeves and Wilberforce Ocran, who misses out on the final squad of 18.

Live commentary of the game is available on Valley Pass.

I would see this more as 4-3-2-1 or even 4-1-4-1 (Bielik and Grant the 1s) than a straight 4-3-3.
  • Looks like 433 which makes sense given who's available.
  • Grant starting could be a sign that he is staying.
    If a fee had been agreed with another club he would not be starting today.
    Feeling optomistic now.
    COYA
  • If 4-3-3, how does Fosu not get in this team? I know he hasn't been great but he's still a decent footballer and a natural wide man.
  • Or Bielik CB and Naby up front
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

If 4-3-3, how does Fosu not get in this team? I know he hasn't been great but he's still a decent footballer and a natural wide man.

Because it’s probably not a 4-3-3.

CAFC Twitter now saying 4-3-2-1.

• SDAddick said:

If 4-3-3, how does Fosu not get in this team? I know he hasn't been great but he's still a decent footballer and a natural wide man.

He hasn't been great and it means Leaving out Reeves or Williams.

Fosu off the bench isn't a bad option to have.
  • SDAddick said:

Imagine the game plan is Fosu on at 60 or maybe even earlier. Still think he should be starting in that formation.
  • I was in a weatherspoons and the guy behind the bar was ecstatic about the money they were taking.

Why?
    He wont be earning any extra!
  • Looks like 433 which makes sense given who's available.

We're going to be a bit weak in the air up front with Grant and the 2 midgets.
    But could be really dangerous working the channels and using width.

Also, offers a bit of defensive wide cover if Reeves or Williams can drop back to help out when needed.
  • Settling in at the Posh... #cafc

• Oggy Red said:

Looks like 433 which makes sense given who's available.

We're going to be a bit weak in the air up front with Grant and the 2 midgets.
    But could be really dangerous working the channels and using width.

Also, offers a bit of defensive wide cover if Reeves or Williams can drop back to help out when needed.
    Reeves forehead gives him a 6inch head start
  • Jason Pearce

Verified account

@jpearce05
    11m11 minutes ago
    More
    Come on the boys today @CAFCofficial 🔴⚪️ 💪🏻
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!