Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury Update; Morgan, Aribo, Vetokele, 25/1/19

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

Extremely surprised he is playing today, I was expecting him to be involved next Monday. Even more so that Bows said they’re giving him a mini pre-season.

Possibly get an hour into him today and see how he reacts. I don’t think he’d be involved as soon as Saturday, that would surprise me.

seems he was subbed at H-T. I guess that's reasonable. Would also be very surprised if he is in the Saturday squad.
  • Options
    I reckon he will be in the squad Saturday!
  • Options
    possibly, but he should be reasonably fit as his shoulder would have prevented contact rather than fitness work.
  • Options

Sage said:

Extremely surprised he is playing today, I was expecting him to be involved next Monday. Even more so that Bows said they’re giving him a mini pre-season.

Possibly get an hour into him today and see how he reacts. I don’t think he’d be involved as soon as Saturday, that would surprise me.

seems he was subbed at H-T. I guess that's reasonable. Would also be very surprised if he is in the Saturday squad.
    No way will he be playing on Saturday, especially with his fitness/injury record.
  • Options

Sage said:

No way will he be playing on Saturday, especially with his fitness/injury record.
    If we don't sign a striker by then I wouldn't be so sure
  • Options

Sage said:

If necessary we'd play Reeco up front by himself, play Igor before he's ready, one muscle strain later and he's out for another 2 months
  • Options

Sage said:

If necessary we'd play Reeco up front by himself, play Igor before he's ready, one muscle strain later and he's out for another 2 months
    In an ideal world I would agree with you 100%.
    But he played 45 minutes today and unless we bring in another striker I fully expect to see him on the bench Saturday.
  • Options
    With Ventokele set to return from his injury too, that's two new strikers in the squad...
  • Options
    If KAG has gone, I’d be tempted to play Marshall and Fosu wide with Williams as a false 9.
  • Options
    People seem very keen to share their views as to whether Vetokele will be in the squad on Saturday. But, we're on on 30 January, remember. And no-one is making any commitment as to whose squad he might be in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

People seem very keen to share their views as to whether Vetokele will be in the squad on Saturday. But, we're on on 30 January, remember. And no-one is making any commitment as to whose squad he might be in.

Huddersfield? BOGOF
  • Options
    Chizz said:

What a dreadful loss that would be. Has he had a good game since October 2014? Enormous wages, I assume.
  • Options
    I swear to god, this false 9 business. I keep seeing it pop up everywhere. Spain, actual 2012 Spain, tried to use a false 9 and mostly struggled with it and reverted to using out of form strikers often because they couldn't get it working like they wanted. The false 9 is the most difficult role to use effectively. Messi's pretty good at it, but I'm not quite sure we've got players of his standard at the moment. We'd be better off playing a 12 year old striker out of the academy than trying to reinvent a new front three as roving, rotating pass and move dynamos
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I swear to god, this false 9 business. I keep seeing it pop up everywhere. Spain, actual 2012 Spain, tried to use a false 9 and mostly struggled with it and reverted to using out of form strikers often because they couldn't get it working like they wanted. The false 9 is the most difficult role to use effectively. Messi's pretty good at it, but I'm not quite sure we've got players of his standard at the moment. We'd be better off playing a 12 year old striker out of the academy than trying to reinvent a new front three as roving, rotating pass and move dynamos

The coach used to say that I was brilliant at masquerading as a 9 - that's the same thing, isn't it?
    We've seen a few of those at Charlton, haven't we?
  • Options

We have to have false 9s because we don't have any real ones - thanks RD.
  • Options
    Anybody know the latest on Lewis Page, JFC and Jason Pearce?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    seth plum said:

JFC, my guess is pre-season at the earliest. Certainly not this season.

There was a video on Instagram the other day of Pearce running on the anti-gravity treadmill. Sage will have a better idea of what that means in terms of timeline, but I'd guess another 3-4 weeks, but that's a pretty uninformed guess.

Don't know about Page. Haven't heard anything recently.
  • Options
    Igor playing for under 23 today
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Igor playing for under 23 today

Good. I've been very worried abou the sudden acceleration of his return, but if he plays today and feels good, I'd be happier about him playing a role in the upcoming games. And I say this more in hope than expectation but a Lyle- Igor combo could work well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where as I feel fans see Igor through rose tinted glasses from his first half a season at Charlton, and I believe he has probably regressed (injuries not helping) to the mean since then. If we can get that version of Igor for the run in I reckon we could push for automatics.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

JFC, my guess is pre-season at the earliest. Certainly not this season.

There was a video on Instagram the other day of Pearce running on the anti-gravity treadmill. Sage will have a better idea of what that means in terms of timeline, but I'd guess another 3-4 weeks, but that's a pretty uninformed guess.

Don't know about Page. Haven't heard anything recently.
    The what?
    Has all the trench digging spun Sparrows Lane up into space?
  • Options
    He played 90 minutes which probably puts him in contention for a start saturday. RHF is not ready.
  • Options
    If he can avoid injury, it's a good opportunity for Igor to shine. Out of contract in the summer, and he won't have clubs queueing to sign him with his recent record
  • Options
    I'd like to see him, Parker and Fosu start on Saturday.
  • Options
    Are you Fosu's agent Muttley? :wink:
  • Options

I'd like to see him, Parker and Fosu start on Saturday.

Ditto, assuming Igor is ready (which he may not be).

.........Cullen
    Reeves.......Jonniesta
    ...........Fosu
    ......Parker Vetokele

It's a good front 6 on paper.