Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Kev

2»

Comments

• Thinking of you G x
    RIP poor man xx
  • Colleague came in this morning complaining that it took him 4 hours to get back from Loughborough yesterday because of the M1 being closed southbound. I guess this was the cause. RIP.
  • Heartbreaking. RIP Kev.
  • Rizzo said:

Colleague came in this morning complaining that it took him 4 hours to get back from Loughborough yesterday because of the M1 being closed southbound. I guess this was the cause. RIP.

I always tell my drivers that although your pissed at being stuck someone is having a worse day than you right now
  • terrible news NLA .. the M1 can be a real beast of a road during busy times .. please pass on heart felt condolences to Kev's family .. I know I am speaking for all on CL
  • Terribly sad. RIP Kev.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this, I do a huge amount of motorway miles and as I've gotten older I have become far more aware and cautious.

I've been thinking about your mate a lot today and his friends and family have my deepest sympathy

Rest in peace Kev
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks for all your kind words.

Police have appealed for witnesses, the van was travelling at 50 mph (tracker) in the section of road works, Kev was driving and went into the back of the 40ft lorry, something caused the lorry to brake / stop and Kev tried to change lanes to the inside.
    The only blessing is that he died on impact and in switching lane saved his son, who was inches away from death. I've seen a photo of the van and it's a mess and they recovered Kev's body from behind the bulkhead.

Been a difficult day for everyone at work.

You also have to feel for the driver of the lorry.
  • edited January 2019
    The second death of the week at work, with Anne losing her battle with cancer today. Only about 70 people employed by the company.
    We got to see this through together.

RIP Anne
  • Sponsored links:

• The second death of the week at work, with Anne losing her battle with cancer today. Only about 70 people employed by the company.
    We got to see this through together.

Wow that’s truly saddening also

Hold your head up high mate and stay strong talking will help

What a terrible week for a small business to deal with