Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Addicks Cancer fund raiser - £800 Raised

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lyle said regarding the takeover that

"When I see someone with a ridiculous tan, holding a kangaroo and with a Charlton scarf then I'll believe it."

RTKCS is the new WIOTOS
  • Options
    Hope it was a good one - annoyed I couldn't be there. You could say it was a shame... :-)
  • Options
    Hope it was a good one - annoyed I couldn't be there. You could say it was a shame... :-)
    I would have but then you'd say I was making it all about me.
  • Options
    Both LT and JFC had trials with Charlton as teenagers and didn't get offered a deal
  • Options
    JFC hasn’t played all that many games with Lyle has he? Think they’d link up well. 
  • Options
    Or any?
  • Options
    Sorry, £800 raised

Where's the edit button gone?
    Exactly. I desperately needed it after my JFC post. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry didn't have his strike partner Ian and despite illness being mention it's sounds like he's been transferred In the window.
  • Options
    Thanks for the posts so far, gutted that I couldn’t have made it tonight due to family reasons.

As always with these evenings, no doubt it would’ve been very good and great value with two excellent guests.

I think Lyle is right that we are going to miss Grant massively and hurts us this season. It’s nice to see Forster-Caskey having that attitude of wanting to play and us still go up this season. I don’t care as long as we do and they’re both here next season. 

Any further updates are appreciated immensely, so thank you.
  • Options
    A good question was asked by a guy in the audience standing on a box.

How many of your peer group at 16 made it as pros. Jake said only 3 out of 20 at Brighton made the breakthrough and Lyle said no one as he was at Kingston at 16 and this was 2 years before he went to XXXXXXXX and started cleaning the boots of Neil Harris.

Lyle is aware he can only get 1 yellow card in 5 matches starting from the Blackpool game. He going to be nice to refs, he said he has to play on the edge.
  • Options
    Great fun evening, great to meet other lifers, thankyou to the people that organised this!

good to hear plenty of dosh raised for charity.

Lyle and Jake were like the new Ant and Dec,great timing, likeable and lovable people didnt know Monseratt takes 90 minutes to get to by boat (generally people are throwing up) in Lyles words.

But that the players fly in via a crop duster plane, also didn’t realise that Monserratt has a volcano (population of 5000, people that is, not volcanoes).
  • Options
    The crop duster story did worry me slightly after Sala.

Lyle was very informed about the history of Monserrat and about the huge financial impact reaching the last eight of the gold cup would bring.

He listed half a dozen or more Monserrat qualified players at Arsenal and Man Utd who might opt to play if they have some success.

Said the pitch is better than at the Valley but crowds are in the low hundreds.

Jake very proud to have played for and captained England "a real country not a holiday" up to U21.

He was managed by Southgate and played with nearly all the current England side.  Still wants to get a full cap.

Can @Stig @cabbles @AFKABartram change the title and stick the £800 and notes in, please.
  • Options
    Thanks admin types
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC wants to be a manager and has since he was 17. His dad told him he should concentrate on becoming a footballer first.

He has used his time injured to get a level two scouting qualification (no, I didn't realuse that things exist, either) which means he can scout to championship level. He needs to finish off his current course to be able to scout at premier League level.

He said it's great as you can't be wrong as it's an opinion.
  • Options
    Many thanks to Tony, David, Tracy and Ben for putting on a great evening with Jake and Lyle, where at the last recount I believe Ben said £800 was raised by 100 or so Cafc folk for the Prostate cause.
    Still some good people involved with Cafc.
  • Options
    Thanks for reports guys, sounds like a great evening. Two top fellas.
    I'm now really looking forward to JFC coming back. He poses more of a goal threat that most of our midfielders. 
  • Options
    Lyle isn't interested in football other than playing and training.

Doesn't watch it, play FIFA and has absolutely no interest in management.

Said has done some work on sports scene, the Scottish MOTD, which he enjoyed and that would interest him but he said he doesn't suffer fools and says what he thinks so may not last more than a week but "it would be a great week".
  • Options

Bromley Addicks secretary Ben Hayes said: “As a supporters’ group, we were delighted to see so many people come along, especially the younger fans.

“Both Jake and Lyle are articulate and funny guys who gave a real insight into the life of a footballer at Charlton. Raising £800 for Prostate Cancer was amazing and we can only thank Jake, Lyle and Tracey for making the evening such a success all around.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c61577523f9a/800-raised-for-prostate-cancer-uk-as-taylor-and-forster-caskey-visit-bromley-addicks
  • Options

"Tracey Leaburn, Charlton’s Player Liaison Officer, was in attendance and she has thanked all of Bromley Addicks’ members for helping to raise a huge amount of money for charity. 

She said: “I’m so grateful to Bromley Addicks for their generosity on Thursday night. To have raised £800 for Prostate Cancer UK in one night was overwhelming and I’d like to thank everyone who attended for donating £5 to the charity and those who kindly gave more through the raffle. 

“We raised £631 on the night and Bromley Addicks very kindly used some of their group funds to top the night’s total up to £800, which was fantastic.

“Team Addicks needs lots of support ahead of our ride to Amsterdam in June and Thursday was a great help as we push towards our fundraising target of £50,000. 

“Jake and Lyle were on brilliant form. They had everyone laughing throughout the entire night and it was a great evening to have been part of, for both the fans and Prostate Cancer UK.”

Supporters who would like to donate to Team Addicks can do so by clicking here.

• Options
    Thanks again to all the lifers who helped raise the money.