Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dirty Accrington! Stamp on Taylor

Did anyone see the stamp by the Accrington player on Taylor? Hope he gets a lengthy ban, he could have done some damage!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8238179/accrington-stamp-sam-finley-lyle-taylor-charlton/

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Has been spoken about quite a bit to be fair mate.

That said, it looks more malicious every time you look at it!

Shocking.

Will be interested to see how, despite it not mattering to us, this plays out in terms of retrospective action.
  • edited January 2019
    Yes been mentioned on the post-match thread. But does deserve a thread of its own because surprisingly there was more discussion about the penalty. It's one of the worst acts on a football pitch I've seen.

I hope the FA become aware of it but I've no idea how they do become aware of incidents like this.
  • Chunes said:

Yes been mentioned on the post-match thread. But does deserve a thread of its own because surprisingly there was more discussion about the penalty. It's one of the worst acts on a football pitch I've seen.

I hope the FA become aware of it but I've no idea how they do become aware of incidents like this.

I should imagine they've got a minion whose job is to scan football press and media.

• That would receive a citing and a several-week ban if it had happened in a rugby match.
  • Didn't actually see the stamp at the time, but clearly saw the Accrington player run in and kick Taylor while he was on the ground. STILL don't know why Taylor OR the keeper were sent off. One question niggles me though; what had Taylor done to anger opponents - one of whom stamped on his head and the other kicked him whilst he was down? I know Taylor can be a bit of a handful to play against but these guys' reactions seem well over the top. Anyway, as far as the game is concerned, we got what we deserved and they got what they deserved!!
  • addick05 said:

Didn't actually see the stamp at the time, but clearly saw the Accrington player run in and kick Taylor while he was on the ground. STILL don't know why Taylor OR the keeper were sent off. One question niggles me though; what had Taylor done to anger opponents - one of whom stamped on his head and the other kicked him whilst he was down? I know Taylor can be a bit of a handful to play against but these guys' reactions seem well over the top. Anyway, as far as the game is concerned, we got what we deserved and they got what they deserved!!

He probably didnt do anything, Accrington were dirty and they probably thought give him a good kick and get him out the game, at that point they would have bern happy with a point and feared him doing something in the last few minutes
  • edited January 2019
    addick05 said:

Didn't actually see the stamp at the time, but clearly saw the Accrington player run in and kick Taylor while he was on the ground. STILL don't know why Taylor OR the keeper were sent off. One question niggles me though; what had Taylor done to anger opponents - one of whom stamped on his head and the other kicked him whilst he was down? I know Taylor can be a bit of a handful to play against but these guys' reactions seem well over the top. Anyway, as far as the game is concerned, we got what we deserved and they got what they deserved!!

Video here. (Starts at 1:32) [Unfortunately Sky Sports have taken the link down. If you can access their highlights (I can't because I'm in Hong Kong) then you can see the incident]

Taylor flicks his leg out towards the keeper. I can't tell if it even made contact.

It's a slow and laboured movement of his foot... it's more like a gesture than an actual kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• I emailed their club secretary yesterday re Mr Finley with regards to his actions. See if I get a reply.
  • Do that outside a boozer and you're looking at community service. Scummy little dick.
  • Do that outside a boozer and you're looking at community service. Scummy little dick.

Tbf I think any type of tackle in a football match would result in something similar to community service. I can’t just randomly go over to some geezer and slide tackle him
  • Feel free to pass on your thoughts to him directly on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/samfinley8

His mate is also on there...

https://twitter.com/RossySykes
  • edited January 2019
    Taylor looks to be an expert wind up merchant .. some players can't seem to deal with it .. cowardly stamping ? .. 6 month ban with no pay
  • You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?
  • You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?

Under that logic most lower league games would end up being abandoned and/or postponed.

No you wouldn’t. It was a sly and scummy thing to do and he should have been sent off but let’s not exaggerate the seriousness of it. Taylor was up and laughing within seconds.

• Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

He probably didnt do anything, Accrington were dirty and they probably thought give him a good kick and get him out the game, at that point they would have bern happy with a point and feared him doing something in the last few minutes
    Don't be too sure. Lyle is no 'White Knight' on the pitch. Discussed this with a member of the backroom staff and he confirmed that part of Taylor's game (which is pretty obvious to me and many others) is to wind up the opposition. While the Accrington players' reactions were well over the top, if you do that for 80-odd minutes you are bound to get a reaction.
  • Mametz said:

You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?

No you wouldn’t. It was a sly and scummy thing to do and he should have been sent off but let’s not exaggerate the seriousness of it. Taylor was up and laughing within seconds.

Wasn't for the want of trying tho was it...a couple inches either way & it could of gone horribly wrong...the intent was there for all to see...dirty scummy prick...!!!
  • Feel free to pass on your thoughts to him directly on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/samfinley8

His mate is also on there...

https://twitter.com/RossySykes

Really?
  • Dave2l said:

It's assault.

He needs to be severely fined, banned and given months of community service.

If the Accrington owner has dignity, he will sell the player and apologise on his behalf.

Then say;

Charlton are the greatest football club in the world. Roland out.

If he gets a three-match ban I'll be outraged.
  • Mametz said:

You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?

Wasn't for the want of trying tho was it...a couple inches either way & it could of gone horribly wrong...the intent was there for all to see...dirty scummy prick...!!!
    No it wasn’t. Again a vast exaggeration.If he was really trying he could he have kicked and stamped on Taylor with all his might. He didn’t do that. It was a sneaky little dig more designed to get a reaction from Taylor than to do any real harm.
  • Mametz said:

Mametz said:

No it wasn’t. Again a vast exaggeration.If he was really trying he could he have kicked and stamped on Taylor with all his might. He didn’t do that. It was a sneaky little dig more designed to get a reaction from Taylor than to do any real harm.
    That would be more like attempted murder!
  • edited January 2019
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Are we watching the same video... He forcefully rakes those studs down Taylor's head and he's stopped even looking where he is at that point, so he doesn't even know what part of the head it is. Anybody knowingly and purposefully putting studs on someone's head, especially when they're prone on the floor, is deserving of all they get.
  • edited January 2019
    If you take another look at the footage of their cowardly #14 you will clearly see him trying to position himself to stick his foot in again after the initial contact......he was unable to get in the right position for a second go and he then decided to sidel off in a very sly manner as if to distance himself from any wrongdoing, which was totally in keeping with his generally scummy behaviour.
    Only a guess, but I suspect in a straight up ‘one on one’ with Taylor, I know who my money would be on to come out on top.