Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options
    We've been shafted yet again . Not really a surprise though is it .
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Tbf I didn't see the goalie do anything that warranted a sending off.
    I did see Taylor kick one of their players.

Nice one Lyall.

I've watched the replay about 20 times now, paused it, reversed it, tried to watch it frame by frame, best I can make out is Taylor straightening his leg in the general direction of the goalie. Doesn't appear to be much force behind it to me and I'm pretty sure he doesn't make any contact with any Accrington player. If that constitutes violent conduct then all I can say is the laws are trying to remove any emotion or aggression from the game.

The ref and lino guessed at what happened on Saturday. Because its in league one and we don't have 30 cameras pointing at the action the video evidence was insufficient to clear Taylor of anything so the FA will always side with the on field decision even though the on field decision was clearly flawed - if the ref had a clue what was actually happening Sykes and No. 14 would've suffered some consequences at the time. I think Taylor has been very harshly done by.
    Do you recall Beckham getting sent off in a world cup? Some similarities. That was harsh. I think if the Accrington players don't react he would have been booked at worst. Stupid though - but he plays on the edge and if you take that away, you may take a lot of the player!
  • Options
    Shit - not ideal!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

!!!!!!

You don't half post some shit sometimes.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Golfie Jnr is well upset now. Gone upstairs to his room saying "I'm done.....might as well send the Peterborough tickets back". Not happy at all.

EFL are
  • Options
    a bad decision, but at least we have midfield players coming back from injury and it gives Lyle a few weeks to rest and then get fully fit the rest of the season. It will be a good test of LB & JJ to come up with a formation that works with the players available.
  • Options
    Let’s not dwell over it! We need to be able to prove we can win without Lyle and this may drive the others on even more so to win in his absence!

We will miss him hugely but we still have a lot of quality in that side! Bowyer won’t let them roll over easily!

Luton beat them at the weekend by quick free flowing football we can still do that without Lyle!
  • Options

RACIST CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly fishing, i laughed
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We will miss Taylor BUT..... If we are going to do without him, I would rather it was away games. Taylor is key to us forcing the game which is less imprtant away. Put Fosu in there and pose different problems. We have two away games coming up.
  • Options
    We need a back up striker regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, I'm dealing with the news very positively. The only way to go IMO.

Lyle.....There'll be a seat next to Fanny, reserved for you on Saturday.

:wink:
  • Options
    But it would need to be a decent striker - a decent striker who doesn't mind reverting to the bench when Taylor is back! We can still win the games and Taylor gets a rest which could help us later in the season:)
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

RACIST CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough if it's a whoosh, but not convinced haha!
  • Options
    Sadly... the fact that his previous 8 bookings didn't help his cause either. I wonder if that played a part.. I am so livid that we have received bookings for very minor things and game by game our players get fouled constantly and no free kicks or bookings to the opposing team... Then on sat 5 of their players should have been sent off (2 for straight reds... 2 for foul and abusive language) and of those 2 should have received 2nd yellows... No 14.. 15... 3... 33.. plus one other).
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

RACIST CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh believe me, he’s not fishing
  • Options
    Gutted but did think this might happen.
    Are any of their thugs being investigated - numbers 15, 14 and 3?
  • Options
    I remember going up to Rochdale (I think?) without Josh and we scored four.
    Ok Josh is no Lyle.....
  • Options
    Andy Holt, Accrington Chairman, says Lyle "studded the keeper" on twitter. Guess the footage released tomorrow by CAFC will clear it up a tad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But it would need to be a decent striker - a decent striker who doesn't mind reverting to the bench when Taylor is back! We can still win the games and Taylor gets a rest which could help us later in the season:)

Seeing as Taylor is only 2 bookings away from a 2 match ban then a replacement striker may have even more game time than that.
  • Options

!!!!!!

Comment taken back. Sorry. Lyle has admitted it. I admire his honesty.

Even if we had been succesful in getting overturned, we need another striker. One of G&T was bound to get injured or banned. Was a mistake letting Ajose go out? On paper yeah. But if Bow feels he is not a good fit for the squad, then maybe not. I reckon LLLB is playing mind games with our rivals. We need to let this galvanise us and turn the anger on the pitch to results.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Andy Holt, Accrington Chairman, says Lyle "studded the keeper" on twitter. Guess the footage released tomorrow by CAFC will clear it up a tad.

Never did like that Andy Holt ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Previous 10 games, we’ve scored 16 goals. 3 of which were scored from Taylor. Obviously he also had plenty of assists in the other goals. But hopefully means the others can step up and help Grant out for next three games.

Taylor 3, Grant 4, Pratley 2, Reeves 2, Ajose, Aribo, Marshall and Fosu with 1. Own goal against Sunderland
  • Options

Lyle Taylor will come back refreshed from this break and fire us to promotion.

Might not be too refreshed after sitting next to Fanny ......
    Don't let him eat all your chocolate fingers.
  • Options
    Next time, make the ban worth it.
  • Options
    edited January 2019