Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• RedChaser said:

wmcf123 said:

I met LB today; seemed confident of it being overturned. Really enjoyed our brief conversation- an ordinary guy who was genuinely interested in my coaching

Hope you told him that you thought Purrington was a cross between Seabourne and Tiler :wink: .
    I kept that one to myself ;-)
  • Tough one, but I trust Bowyer to pull something out. The obvious choice for me would be Fosu, but it’s difficult to tell what we need in this situation

A lot of the time Taylor occupies space out wide and coming in. There were a few times in the 2nd half when he was picking the ball out on the right and cutting into the box

I feel this is where we had the best of Fosu last season as one of the 3 but occupying a wide role, cutting in. Only issue I see is Fosu usually occupies the left. That might be Grant’s preferred side of the pitch
  • I would be amazed if this got overturned. The replays do not not show anything as to what happens and the FA will back the assistant refs view.
  • I seriously hope Bowyer is planning for it in training at the moment and not just hoping the appeal is successful. Difficult when it takes till Thu but we need Plan A and B.
  • One of Taylor’s best skills is holding the ball and bringing others into play, that is not a Fosu skill nor anyone else?
  • I seriously hope Bowyer is planning for it in training at the moment and not just hoping the appeal is successful. Difficult when it takes till Thu but we need Plan A and B.

Do you believe Bowyet is planning for it? Let's give our Manager support in that h3 knows what he is doing
  • JohnnyH2 said:

I seriously hope Bowyer is planning for it in training at the moment and not just hoping the appeal is successful. Difficult when it takes till Thu but we need Plan A and B.

Do you believe Bowyet is planning for it? Let's give our Manager support in that h3 knows what he is doing
    At least I can spell his name right. Not sure how you interpret my post as not supporting him...
  • JohnnyH2 said:

I seriously hope Bowyer is planning for it in training at the moment and not just hoping the appeal is successful. Difficult when it takes till Thu but we need Plan A and B.

At least I can spell his name right. Not sure how you interpret my post as not supporting him...
    A mis key and you go for an insult.

You said you hope he is not just planning for the appeal to be succesful. I think he deserves a bit more credit than that
  • I’d favour a scenario of Grant up front either as a pair with Fosu or on his own but with lots of fast mobile midfielders swarming behind and around him. If we need at some point to shove a big lump up front as a target I wonder if dijksteel could do a turn? Purely based on his build, athleticism and relatively good technical ability. No idea whatsoever if he could play there but if we were down to the bare bones for half an hour?

Dijksteel, technical ability??! Have you seen him try to pass the ball?
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:

Not sure what his sister’s got to do with it.
  • Sarr, Fosu and any others are not an option further striking options are required, if there was no rush to get another in before last saturday I hope there is now
  • It’s likely to be the loan market we dip into but I really hope that we go for an experienced player rather than a kid. What we need is someone who’s been around the block and to be honest is on the way down but can lead the line and hold the ball. Won’t be prolific but needs to be effective in retaining possession and bringing players into the game. Tough one.
  • Sarr, Fosu and any others are not an option further striking options are required, if there was no rush to get another in before last saturday I hope there is now

Bowyer was saying he’s targeting another striker a week or two ago, before Taylor’s red card. But now that we really need one he’s unlikely to say so as it would make other clubs put the price up. Although having said that, I suspect a loan is probably more likely.

Grant isn’t great in the 9 role as it normally takes him a couple of touches to trap the ball.
  • Never a red card, right to appeal it.
  • It’s likely to be the loan market we dip into but I really hope that we go for an experienced player rather than a kid. What we need is someone who’s been around the block and to be honest is on the way down but can lead the line and hold the ball. Won’t be prolific but needs to be effective in retaining possession and bringing players into the game. Tough one.

A Rob Hulse type, or Deon Burton
  • edited January 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

It’s likely to be the loan market we dip into but I really hope that we go for an experienced player rather than a kid. What we need is someone who’s been around the block and to be honest is on the way down but can lead the line and hold the ball. Won’t be prolific but needs to be effective in retaining possession and bringing players into the game. Tough one.

A Rob Hulse type, or Deon Burton
    I guess the answer to your question is yes. That type of player. We won’t be getting anyone with a good recent record. Would be nice if they could chip in with a few goals but if they can hold the ball up and win some flick ons then that’s about the best we can hope for.

• JohnnyH2 said:

I would be amazed if this got overturned. The replays do not not show anything as to what happens and the FA will back the assistant refs view.

My sentiments too. The EFL will ALWAYS back the officials in a contentious situation. Think we may have to swallow this one - and it could hurt us badly.

• Worth giving Clarke a go behind grant but can't see it with Clarke on the way out
  • The problem here if Taylor is suspended is the lack of an out ball option from the back whether that is from a goal kick or clearance after a spell of defensive pressure. We desperately need a target man who can hold the ball up and sadly I don't think RHF, even when fit, can offer this option from what I have seen of him,
  • Sponsored links:

Anyone got Emile Heskey's number?

What’s Darren Bent doing at the moment?

• edited January 2019

What’s Darren Bent doing at the moment?

Sky punditry and soccer sixes or whatever it's called. Pretty much retired.
  • Think we can stop trying to find players to fit Taylor's role, he is unique in the squad and something we haven't had for years - change of style needed.

I would lean towards Fosu.
  • Finley charged with violent conduct
  • Sollied said:

Finley charged with violent conduct

Dr ?

• Maxted has had his suspension withdrawn. Perhaps good news for Lyle
  • Akpo Sodje was deceptively good at holding the ball up, anyone know where he's hiding these days?
  • So why so quick for their Goalkeeper yet Thursday for us?