Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington number 15 Sykes

12346»

Comments

• edited January 2019
    cfgs said:

Oggy Red said:

Good news about Finley, trots in slyly looks over making sure the linesman isn't watching, forgets the cameras and rakes his studs over a players head who is on the ground, No pre-meditation there then?, At least a years ban suitable for thuggery like this.

I see that Finley had until 18:00 on 23 January 2019 to respond to the charge.

Now that deadline has passed, the FA should be making a decision soon.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/accrington_stanley/news/17382260.stanleys-sam-finley-accepts-fa-charge-but-reds-boss-says-midfielder-did-not-catch-charlton-striker/

"The incident created a social media storm in the aftermath of the game, which Stanley lost 1-0, and Coleman felt Finley was not the only one who could have been punished.

He added: "The shame is that he isn't the only one who transgressed in that incident and yet he is the one, because it has been highlighted on Twitter and social media."

Was their manager just relieved that No 15 Sykes got away with kicking Taylor lying on the ground?

Or that No 3 Hughes, already booked, didn't get a second yellow or even a straight red for his part in the fracas - or for abusing and intimidating the linesman?
  • So Finley and Accrington are contesting the ban!? What a scummy little club

My faith in the FA has never been lower after this.
  • edited January 2019

Completely deserved ban.

However, if you compare Taylor's actions to Finley's then the fact there is only a two game difference is a bit of a pisstake.

Completely deserved three match ban? Laughing with tears emoji thing.

Keeper crying that he was ‘assaulted’ by Taylor needs to man up.

Accrington Stanley are the next club after Wimbledon that I used to like, but now don’t, because of their team.
  • Chunes said:

So Finley and Accrington are contesting the ban!? What a scummy little club

My faith in the FA has never been lower after this.

Perhaps the FA will dismiss the appeal as frivolous and double Finlay's ban ?

• Watching Accrington v Ipswich and the commentator just said, Sam Finlay got a 5 game ban a couple of years ago for a stamp on Charltons Lyle Taylor, but he has cleaned his act up since then.

A couple of years ago, it was Jan this year lol
  • Watching Accrington v Ipswich and the commentator just said, Sam Finlay got a 5 game ban a couple of years ago for a stamp on Charltons Lyle Taylor, but he has cleaned his act up since then.

A fair few robust challenges from both sides have been flying in.
  • edited October 2019
    Never had an opinion on Accrington before that game with them last season, but after the conduct of their players I often check their results hoping they get trounced. 

sent off!
    Commentator's curse  :)

Great result for Accrington though, a team in the bottom 3 beating the runaway leaders

sent off!
    Commentator's curse  :)

Great result for Accrington though, a team in the bottom 3 beating the runaway leaders
    Sykes was sent off not Finlay who the commentator mentioned.

I know this thread was about Sykes hence the confussion but it also mentioned Finlays stamp on Taylor which is why i put that comment on here