Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington number 15 Sykes

Comments

• edited January 2019
    I hope the Accrington stampers get fully punished, but having said that it helps us not one jot.
    In fact it could even disadvantage us if Accrington are playing any of our rivals in the coming weeks.
    (Their 5th game is away to Sunderland, (4th League game).
  • Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

On a separate now. I have heard of fans reporting players to the police... if the FA take no action.. 14 and 15 are both kicking taylor (common assault) plus swearing in front of children (on kids for a £1 day). Let alone 14 grabbing his testicles and pointing them out to the lino... We didn't deserve the win.. but justice.

Come on its happened before and will happen again for and against. Let the fa efl deal with it and we move on with 3 points.
    What!!
    DELIBERATELY treading/stamping on someone’s head!!
    I’ve certainly never seen it before, live or on TV.......it’s a very very rare occurrence and needs addressing.
    I might be trivialising the stamp on the head a bit just think we need to let the fa efl deal with it and move on
    Trouble is they won't. They're usrless. They would much rather stick up for an inept referee.
    If they don’t take any action that’s ridiculous but I think 15 and 14 will get bans
  • As should the ref
  • chappers said:

Their number 14 clearly steams in and treads on Taylor’s blond head!! Cheap and a nasty shot. Their 15 was nasty all game and when he took out Bauer after the goal you couldn’t help but laugh at them.

"Treads"

Really? That's a stamp.
  • Dazzler21 said:

chappers said:

Their number 14 clearly steams in and treads on Taylor’s blond head!! Cheap and a nasty shot. Their 15 was nasty all game and when he took out Bauer after the goal you couldn’t help but laugh at them.

"Treads"

Really? That's a stamp.
    I would call it "raking with studs"- shocking nevertheless
  • edited January 2019

Dazzler21 said:

chappers said:

"Treads"

Really? That's a stamp.
    The last time I saw something like this was Scarlets -v- Munster.
  • Dazzler21 said:

chappers said:

"Treads"

Really? That's a stamp.
    I would too and the intent is indisputable.
    I'm not sure he made contact though, as I would have expected Taylor to have jumped up and gone ballistic or be clutching a bleeding scalp.
    Doesn't excuse the act - just an observation.
  • Dazzler21 said:

chappers said:

"Treads"

Really? That's a stamp.
    I would too and the intent is indisputable.
    I'm not sure he made contact though, as I would have expected Taylor to have jumped up and gone ballistic or be clutching a bleeding scalp.
    Doesn't excuse the act - just an observation.
    He definitely made contact, something resisted his foot, could have been all Lyle's hairspray though!
  • Wilma said:

He deliberately barged into Bowyer when going into the tunnel which is when it all kicked off.

This a fact, heard it from someone who was in the tunnel.
  • addick05 said:

Wilma said:

He deliberately barged into Bowyer when going into the tunnel which is when it all kicked off.

I was close to this. Bowyer gave him the ‘come on then’ look that he used to have as a player. Fortunately nothing then happened. We don’t need LB in the headlines for the wrong reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also thought the of the linesman when he gave the penalty was a disgrace. The linesman was practically in the stand he had to stand that far way from them. Just trying to find out which number was the one who really went at the linesman???
  • I seem to remember the number 3 going crazy at the linesman and the crowd
  • edited January 2019

Also thought the of the linesman when he gave the penalty was a disgrace. The linesman was practically in the stand he had to stand that far way from them. Just trying to find out which number was the one who really went at the linesman???

I thought it quite touching to see Solly step in to protect the Lino? Perhaps they should introduce a green card for good/sporting behaviour which allow you to wipe off a yellow at a later date!.
  • Fenley is it, what a nasty bit of work, purposely jogging in and well aware of the positioning and then treading / stamping on someones head who is on the ground. I think that would be GBH on the streets. Surely with that on film now they should set a real example and give a years ban or just get him out of football, Does anyone really want to see that going on.
  • Sadly I predict Taylor will have his red upheld, their keeper will get off but 14 will be retrospectively punished. Taylor is the bit that bothers me!
  • We don’t do successful appeals. We need to cope without big Lyle.

Hopefully Bielik can have a word with an Arsenal colleague and we can do a 1 month loan

If it’s uphelf does that wipe the yellow cards away or is he still 1 booming from another ban?
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

JamesSeed said:

Halix said:

Also thought the of the linesman when he gave the penalty was a disgrace. The linesman was practically in the stand he had to stand that far way from them. Just trying to find out which number was the one who really went at the linesman???

I thought it quite touching to see Solly step in to protect the Lino? Perhaps they should introduce a green card for good/sporting behaviour which allow you to wipe off a yellow at a later date!.
    He wasn’t protecting the linesman I’m afraid, he was stopping their players from trying to persuade him to change his mind.
    How do you know that? I think it was pretty obvious from the way he was shielding him that he was trying to stop him being harmed. Also since when do officials change their minds??
    Maybe, perhaps I'm being too cynical. But the fact that they don't change their minds has never stopped players trying to persuade them to.
  • Swisdom said:

We don’t do successful appeals. We need to cope without big Lyle.

Hopefully Bielik can have a word with an Arsenal colleague and we can do a 1 month loan

No such thing as a 1 month loan these days, Swizz.

• Swisdom said:

If it’s uphelf does that wipe the yellow cards away or is he still 1 booming from another ban?

Who do you have in mind from Arsenal then?
  • CAFCsayer said:

iaitch said:

Swisdom said:

Who do you have in mind from Arsenal then?
    Aubamayeng
    Nah League 1 needs tenacity and work rate, how about Ozil?

• edited January 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Halix said:

He wasn’t protecting the linesman I’m afraid, he was stopping their players from trying to persuade him to change his mind.
    Not from where I was sitting he werent, unless youve asked him I stick with my opinion.
  • kafka said:

addick05 said:

Wilma said:

I was close to this. Bowyer gave him the ‘come on then’ look that he used to have as a player. Fortunately nothing then happened. We don’t need LB in the headlines for the wrong reasons.
    So if 'nothing happened' why was the tunnel rocking like a ship caught in a storm? Hope LB wasn't involved but others certainly were!
  • edited January 2019
    Have a feeling that the FA / EFL will take the easy route out of all this and just charge both clubs for failing to control their players
  • Have a feeling that the FA / EFL will take the easy route out of all this and just charge both clubs for failing to control their players

You're probably right mate but it's about time they also charged the man in the middle for failing to control the game :angry: .