Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Accrington: 19 January 2019.

Comments

• Options
    Only listened to the first couple of minutes of that interview admittedly, but I wouldn’t want to be too harsh on the guy. The ref shouldn’t be saying that to him. And we must remember, teams like Accrington coming to a PL stadium against a club that should be in the top 30 in England, working as hard as they did (no matter how much we hate Roland, our team is worth a lot more than theirs)... I can totally understand why he’s so upset. Or heartbroken.

They did have a negative gameplay and I don’t blame them for that. They got more and more psyched up for it as the game went on and would’ve LOVED a point against us. I really don’t blame them for fighting for that and losing their heads when they lost it to that type of handball.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the problem with the handball rule is its not as simple as that
  • Options
    Interesting comments in that interview.

I haven’t seen the footage prior to the sending offs, but apparently the keeper has said he was “assaulted” by Taylor. Strong word to use.

Also mentioned that Accrington’s game plan was to keep the game as a draw until the 70th minute when they knew we would tire and they could go on to get the three points.

Find it bizarre that from there research of our season so far, they feel we are poor in the final 20 minutes of games. Considering how many last gasp goals we’ve scored this season and even looking at the Sunderland game and how we played for the entire second half. Seems like an odd game plan to me.
  • Options
    Day of emotions from anger and frustration to jubilation. Great togetherness today and loved how everyone stayed behind - not seen that for a while.

Also looks like AS have not changed much:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/english-footballs-league-shame-dirtiest-11987392.amp
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Off the back of this around 1:38 there does appear to be a small slight kick out from Taylor

Dont see that red card being taken away
    I would agree with you on that albeit hardly anything and a similar reaction to that of Beckham's when he got sent off in the World Cup.
  • Options
    I noticed Bowyer's comment that he had created the shape with Morgan in the side but he had a late injury. I thought the shape of the midfield was wrong. Cullen is not a right sided player attacking player and he kept coming too deep. and Pratley not a left sided one.This left Williams isolated. We only got going when Reeves came on and he started attacking.
    Not sure how Bielik and Curran fit in the same team.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

I noticed Bowyer's comment that he had created the shape with Morgan in the side but he had a late injury. I thought the shape of the midfield was wrong. Cullen is not a right sided player attacking player and he kept coming too deep. and Pratley not a left sided one.This left Williams isolated. We only got going when Reeves came on and he started attacking.
    Not sure how Bielik and Curran fit in the same team.

I was thinking it was a bit to samey for a home match.
  • Options
    Our goalkeeper was assaulted haha living up to your name there BellEnd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Reports that their players started on Jonny after he celebrated in front of their fans.

Good to see big Nabs giving him a supporting arm round the shoulder after they both escaped the ruck. He seems like part of the group already!
    What, both of them?
  • Options
    From ''That'' interview, he says Taylor sending off was our main threat gone... he needs to have a look at that Bielsa presser and what research actually means... it's not as if Grant has had a dry spell at ANY point this season! Yes Lyle is a big loss but it's a 28 (29 now?) goal PARTNERSHIP not a one man show.
  • Options

Interesting comments in that interview.

I haven’t seen the footage prior to the sending offs, but apparently the keeper has said he was “assaulted” by Taylor. Strong word to use.

Also mentioned that Accrington’s game plan was to keep the game as a draw until the 70th minute when they knew we would tire and they could go on to get the three points.

Find it bizarre that from there research of our season so far, they feel we are poor in the final 20 minutes of games. Considering how many last gasp goals we’ve scored this season and even looking at the Sunderland game and how we played for the entire second half. Seems like an odd game plan to me.
    Was sitting behind the goal. No way was he assaulted by Taylor. Taylor just stood in front of him and blocked him trying to get to the ball.

Also their info about us tiring in the last 20 mins is a season out of date.

I love winning these scrappy matches. Another string to the Bow (yer).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the sending off incident, watch their keeper again.

From the corner, Taylor makes a back for the keeper .... but straightaway you can hear the ref blow for a foul.

Taylor falls to the ground, with the keeper falling on top of him.

The game has been stopped before the keeper picks himself up, and as Taylor is getting up, the keeper steps back towards Taylor and pushes him to the ground.

The ruck starts after that.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Off_it said:
    Are coaches usually on first name terms with the ref?
    I wonder if the ref really said that. I suspect he’s more likely to have said he didn’t see it. If he genuinely didn’t think it was a penalty he would have over-ruled the Lino wouldn’t he?

I thought that, there is no way a ref would say to assistant or coach whatever he is that he didnt think it was a pen.
  • Options
    Bit worried about Williams’s knee
  • Options
    Making a back for the keeper isn't a sending off though. It is a foul and only that!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

You know after running for 90 minutes sometimes you just need ice or heat to relax your body right?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

JamesSeed said:

You know after running for 90 minutes sometimes you just need ice or heat to relax your body right?
    This!

Absolutely nothing to worry about!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

JamesSeed said:

Not in my day when men were men!

Just kidding.