Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Accrington: 19 January 2019.

Comments

• Options

In that video, if you notice, there is a Charlton player giving it large to one of theirs, right in their face, after the ball goes in - central position.
    Cullen! He’s alright for a Hammer...
    He then shook guy's hand.
  • Options

Is everyone glad Taylor let Karlan have the pen last week?

I'm pretty sure keeping his confidence high was important for today.

Said exactly that to the person next to me who also agreed...& that was before it was taken...Quality pen...:)
  • Options
    How does the rest of the now we’ve got Lee bowyer song go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to get the full story later.
  • Options

First the game.

I thought AS were good, well organised, passed it well and with some skill. They stopped us playing, defended well and Philips had to make three top notch saves to keep us level.

We looked sluggish and didn't work their keeper. Was the pen the first shot on target?

Not sure Cullen, Pratley and Bielic gives us enough going forward. Williams didn't have a great game but he was the only creative midfielder.

Seemed to be heading for a point for Stanley, who despite the fouls and timewasting, would have deserved that. Not a nice team but we are no angels on either count.

The ref was always going to blow for a foul after having spoken to Taylor.

After that it got very naughty. Bowyer said he'd seen the tape and neither player deserved to go but others did. I thought Cullen kicked out and there were a few AS players getting stuck in.

Bowyer said he will appeal.

The pen was a clear handball but odd that the lino gave it, it seemed, not the ref. Not seen it again but might be harsh as so close to Cullen when it was kicked.

More aggro but Grant kept his nerve.

Mini pitch invasion during which a fan slipped and kicked Bielik in the nackers.

More aggro at FT and it looked like Bowyer and their no 15 exchanged punches by the tunnel. Couldn't see what happened in the tunnel but who cares?

This team has fight. That is the sort of game you win if you are going to get promoted.

Poor game but buzzing on way home as got to love sending offs, rucks and last minute winners.

Come on you Addicks

Felt one of those games where the Referee was reluctant to give us anything all game yet far too eager to give them Free-Kicks
  • Options
    Maybe pass this on to some of the lads
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Talksport said very contentious penalty. Ref didn’t give it and Lino was well behind play and gave it.

Well Talksport cannot have seen the incident.
  • Options

Pitch invasion after a 90th minute winner against Accrington Stanley. Haven’t celebrated a goal like that for a while.

Lee Lee Bowyer

my my this saddens me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On Kyle Andrews Twitter account, he's posted a clear photo of Taylor making a back for the keeper, who is trying to punch the ball.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

On Kyle Andrews Twitter account, he's posted a clear photo of Taylor making a back for the keeper, who is trying to punch the ball.

Hardly serious foul play. What was the red for? All I could see was Taylor on the floor being kicked
  • Options
    Straight away thats baffling... How can that bloke claim that the Lino didnt have a good view when it was right in front of him - the referee was about 10 yards away and running in the other direction
  • Options

Feel like only the top teams in English football ever get a red card rescinded. Unfortunately I think Taylor has no chance.

Big win, sign of a good side to not play well and nick a win. This team has something about them that’s for sure.

Pompey got theirs against us rescinded.

• Options

As for the game thats one of those where you really do get promoted after winning ugly.

I was able to listen to Bowyer's interview on BBC London just as I was getting home and he felt that we were the better team because of our possession etc. yet sadly never agree in that aspect, you dont win games for how of the ball you see or even your shots on target, its only those that go in that matter - Around the 70th minute we finally appeared to get going against a tiring Accrington side yet apart from a close Grant effort we never really looked getting that decisive goal; As for Taylor felt he had a really off day today and for the most part was kept quiet

Accrington themselves for the most part set up with a good game plan to try and stop us from scoring or give us any space to even pass the ball - That they did well for the most part and at times managed to create their own efforts, they were in truth a typical team up from League Two without a decent Striker at this level because the chances they created were for the most part woeful, when they did have a clear cut opportunity though they had a really in form Dillon Phillips up against them who at the moment should be up for Player of the Month if he continues like this!!

The highlight of the first 80mins was certainly Taylor running up to Gibson (their Left-Back) screaming like you would on the playground and forcing him into a mistake

The last ten minutes though was an absolute joke and embarrassment from Accrington; you get typical Northern teams who like to bully and be more physical than the other team but they took it to a whole new level - Firstly the sending off which wasnt, would certainly love to how Taylor got more than a booking, yet the attitude of their players when he curled up on the floor was simply dangerous, especially if he got a few kicks to the head.

Then you've got the decisive moment, to be honest I'd want to see the penalty back again as although it was right in front of me, it all happened in a blur and couldnt be sure if their player was in a position where his arms couldnt be anywhere else due to how close he was to Reeves; the resulting attitude though from their players was even more disgusting than what happened for the sending offs though, at one point I feared a bit for the Linesman and his safety from the players, without doubt he shouldnt have been forced to retreat back the way he did and how none of the Accrington players got booked for their behaviour was an example of how poor the Referee was today

Good post.

For the most part.