Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Death in Paradise

2»

Comments

• Options

its rubbish but Florence is cute ...

Death in paradise is cluedo set in the sun.

Florence is cute, where Camille was a sizzler.

Wasn't keen on Ben Millar's charter, in his suit. a shocking English stereotype.

Ardal o'hanlon character is ok but Kris Martin was clumsy but bright.

The star of the show was the green lizard, he will be greatly missed.

Kris Marshall
  • Options

Just a little reminder for some. It is not a documentary...

My thoughts exactly. It’s supposed to be entertainment, not a critique of criminal investigation.

It’s one thing to not like, but finding something that’s not believable shouldn’t be a big issue. Almost all crime series manage to solve the mystery within a couple of days. How often does that happen?
  • Options
    Its the sort of programme Mary Whitehouse would have loved - Bloody Awful saccharine dross
  • Options

I’m a tv snob, sopranos and the wire best shows ever, would rather watch them for the hundredth time than most shows on British tv.

But Honestly? I absolutely love this show. Everything about it. The formula, the settings, the characters, the fact it’s still so quaint and carribean and peaceful despite the fact there’s a murder involving middle class characters every week. It’s a highlight of me and my missus week, no joke. Proper guilty pleasure.

Never watched a full episode but did see Clarke Peters in it once. Must explain your love for it
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

its rubbish but Florence is cute ...

Death in paradise is cluedo set in the sun.

Florence is cute, where Camille was a sizzler.

Wasn't keen on Ben Millar's charter, in his suit. a shocking English stereotype.

Ardal o'hanlon character is ok but Kris Martin was clumsy but bright.

The star of the show was the green lizard, he will be greatly missed.

Kris Marshall
    My mistake.
    How weird, I noticed I spelt his first name wrong but not his surname.
    Dyslexia rules KO.
  • Options
    Dipped back last night for the first time in ages... It's a three/four week paid holiday for established UK bit part actors and the plod who I heard was on Strickely dickerly was not on it, where's he gone?

Anyway...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

iaitch said:

You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!

I've never seen it but it sounds like the Caribbean version of Midsommer.
    Midsomer's a village. It's more like a Caribbean equivalent of the island of Jersey, which somehow survived a ten-year crimewave that even Jim Bergerac couldn't stop and remains a popular place to live.
    Midsomer is a County
  • Options
    Generally like Death in Paradise as light hearted whodunnit but first two episodes have been poor this series.
  • Options
    Earlier series were decent light entertainment but the formula now worn out and Ardal should stick to the stand-up.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Dipped back last night for the first time in ages... It's a three/four week paid holiday for established UK bit part actors and the plod who I heard was on Strickely dickerly was not on it, where's he gone?

Anyway...

:lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Used to love it, but it's very poor now.
  • Options
    While the rest of my family love this programme I've found it not only a bit cringe worthy but a tad racist also. Not only can't they find a local to do the job, but the white guy brought over is usually a pathetic, geeky stuttering type without any fashion sense, and the climate doesn't require too many clothes.

Predictably awaiting the stupid girl replacing Danny John-Jules to have a moment of crime solving genius to justify her role.
  • Options

Anyway...

It's a six month shooting assignment. What's not to like if you're an actor?
  • Options
    NOT FLORENCE. I was convinced Patrice was up to something.
  • Options
    Lovely island (Guadaloupe)...enjoyed watching it with Ben Miller, but felt it went downhill once he left, so don't watch it anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_in_Paradise_(TV_series)#Setting
  • Options
    She better live !!!

JP finally mentioned his wife for the first time in ages.
  • Options
    Ohh no. Youve ruined it for me!!!  :p 
  • Options
    Incredible number of serial killers around in the UK if you take TV drama too literally. 

Still, why is there never any other kind of crime in DIP? As for the premise of Silent Witness, WTF? 
  • Options
    You’ve obviously been missing Driving Without Due Care and Attention in Paradise on Channel 5. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Incredible number of serial killers around in the UK if you take TV drama too literally. 

Still, why is there never any other kind of crime in DIP? As for the premise of Silent Witness, WTF? 
    They did once have a lad who stole hubcups (but I think that was so they could cast DJ-Js son in the role) and a feller who dressed up as a beggar woman, all typical crimes in the carribean apparantly.
  • Options
    Yankee detectives are always on TV
    Cos killers in America 
    Work seven days a week
  • Options
    Never mind the stars and stripes
    Let's play the Watergate tapes.

:)