Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Death in Paradise

edited January 18 in Not Sports Related
Mrs Halix and I used to quite enjoy watching this programme, but last nights dire episode made me think its now finally jumped the shark and I can see why DJJ left. Ardol O'Hanlan cant act, the plot was crap and the new policewoman character was truelly awful. In addition the male copper was going to take part in a marathon one mile swim yet on Dave last week he couldnt swim at all! Next week I hear they are going to install a white vinyl sofa next to his beach hut.
«1

Comments

  • I'd never heard of this programme before, so last week when the programme guide on SKY described it as a tense drama set in the Caribbean, me and the missus thought we'd give it a go.

    Jesus Christ, we lasted 5 minutes then had to turn it over. If this is worthy of a 9PM slot on BBC1 then we may as well give up now.
  • Tense? It's probably the bleeding definition of cosy, candy floss telly.
  • its rubbish but Florence is cute ...
  • Comedy by committee, performed by zombies.
  • its rubbish but Florence is cute ...

    More than cute!

  • edited January 18
    Yep pony show...I see your Death in Paradise and raise you Silent Witness.
    SW used to be Ok, but last weeks episode was utter utter pelt.
    Drug gang making their own Crystal Meth, flat blows up, Fire Brigade put the fire out and the team of Pathologists enter the very small flat, move a table and find a dead body...so the fire brigade team who put the fire out, and would have done a thorough search, didn't find this body under a table..righto.
    Then the leading Path bloke gets stabbed, next day he is back working?? Oh do fuck off.....and the cherry on this shit cake, is that the Pathologists go around with the Police on raids and help them with their enquires........its beyond a joke.
    Who writes this tosh and then who agrees to produce it?
  • I'd never heard of this programme before, so last week when the programme guide on SKY described it as a tense drama set in the Caribbean, me and the missus thought we'd give it a go.

    Jesus Christ, we lasted 5 minutes then had to turn it over. If this is worthy of a 9PM slot on BBC1 then we may as well give up now.

    The original series is well worth a visit, with Martin Clunes. I watched the first one in the new series and it will be my last! Absolutely dire viewing and cringe-worthy.
  • its rubbish but Florence is cute ...

    Camille was better in the early series!!
  • I'd never heard of this programme before, so last week when the programme guide on SKY described it as a tense drama set in the Caribbean, me and the missus thought we'd give it a go.

    Jesus Christ, we lasted 5 minutes then had to turn it over. If this is worthy of a 9PM slot on BBC1 then we may as well give up now.

    The original series is well worth a visit, with Martin Clunes. I watched the first one in the new series and it will be my last! Absolutely dire viewing and cringe-worthy.
    Ben Miller not Martin Clunes
  • Apparently gets 8 million viewers.
  • Sponsored links:


  • The earlier ones with Ben Miller were OK. People watch it for the location and the fact it's just easy viewing. Takes no effort. Acting and story lines are poor.
  • You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!
  • Death in Venice is better.
  • edited January 18

    You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!

    https://digitalspy.com/tv/a826279/most-dangerous-places-in-tv-fictional-towns/
  • Greenie said:

    Yep pony show...I see your Death in Paradise and raise you Silent Witness.
    SW used to be Ok, but last weeks episode was utter utter pelt.
    Drug gang making their own Crystal Meth, flat blows up, Fire Brigade put the fire out and the team of Pathologists enter the very small flat, move a table and find a dead body...so the fire brigade team who put the fire out, and would have done a thorough search, didn't find this body under a table..righto.
    Then the leading Path bloke gets stabbed, next day he is back working?? Oh do fuck off.....and the cherry on this shit cake, is that the Pathologists go around with the Police on raids and help them with their enquires........its beyond a joke.
    Who writes this tosh and then who agrees to produce it?

    See every episode of CSI for that too!
  • I think it's a bloody awful program ... but my wife enjoys it. Each to their own.
  • You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!

    I've never seen it but it sounds like the Caribbean version of Midsommer.
  • Sponsored links:


  • I think it jumped the shark a while back, but to be honest the whole premise is ridiculous - a French Caribbean island where everyone speaks English and they have someone over from Scotland Yard to help out with the sky high murder rate. Yeah, right....
    Nice to hear a bit of old school reggae accompaniment though.
  • iaitch said:

    You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!

    I've never seen it but it sounds like the Caribbean version of Midsommer.
    Normally, only 1 murder at a time :smiley:
  • iaitch said:

    You do have to wonder why anyone chooses to live on that island. What with there being a murder every week!

    I've never seen it but it sounds like the Caribbean version of Midsommer.
    Midsomer's a village. It's more like a Caribbean equivalent of the island of Jersey, which somehow survived a ten-year crimewave that even Jim Bergerac couldn't stop and remains a popular place to live.
  • cafc-west said:

    The earlier ones with Ben Miller were OK. People watch it for the location and the fact it's just easy viewing. Takes no effort. Acting and story lines are poor.

    Funny thing is though that many of the guest 'stars' are fairly well-know actors from TV dramas.

  • edited January 18

    its rubbish but Florence is cute ...

    Death in paradise is cluedo set in the sun.

    Florence is cute, where Camille was a sizzler.

    Wasn't keen on Ben Millar's charter, in his suit. a shocking English stereotype.

    Ardal o'hanlon character is ok but Kris Martin was clumsy but bright.

    The star of the show was the green lizard, he will be greatly missed.


  • I've watched this for a while but have to admit this new series so far is pretty bad, O'Hanlon is dreadful. Like watching the Carribean setting though during the winter months.
  • edited January 18
    addick05 said:

    cafc-west said:

    The earlier ones with Ben Miller were OK. People watch it for the location and the fact it's just easy viewing. Takes no effort. Acting and story lines are poor.

    Funny thing is though that many of the guest 'stars' are fairly well-know actors from TV dramas.

    And why not, few weeks paid holiday just having to sit around looking grumpy / confused and then suprised / annoyed when nabbed for murder. But there havent been any good guests this series so far, I think they have realised its starting to smell a bit now, plus for a caribean island it never appears sunny, I presume cos they film off season.
  • Just a little reminder for some. It is not a documentary...
  • I preferred New Tricks, with the original line up.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!