Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bit of an update re Blackpool saga

Comments

• Options
    Just caught up with this on bbc. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-47481567

Great news. Also look forward to the Oystons getting their comeuppance forever more.
  • Options
    Delighted for the Blackpool supporters - and more than a little envious!
  • Options
    They just went to the ground on sky sports, Jeff said they've sold out for todays game. Great stuff. 
  • Options
    Proper boycott up there including Wembley 
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Brings tears to the eyes! So pleased for Blackpool's fans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mental scenes , good on em 
  • Options
    Amazing to see such euphoria from real football fans who have shown commitment, guts and bouncebackability! As they said, Blackpool are back, and F**k the EFL!
  • Options
    Brilliant to watch, well done Blackpool, I cant even imagine our day like that, but each day its a day closer
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing that they are 8th given what is happening there. Not to mention the city is quite poor. It's really astounding. Happy for them.
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing that they are 8th given what is happening there. Not to mention the city is quite poor. It's really astounding. Happy for them.
    What has the economy of the town got to do with their league position?

A comment more strange than some of the worthless rubbish I obviously post.
  • Options

Please tell me you are kidding. A significant (if not dominant) portion of revenue for clubs below the PL is matchday money and season ticket sales. Better-off towns and cities have more disposable money to spend on tickets, which results in higher ticket prices, more attendees and thus more... revenue. CAFC... same league, but our season ticket prices are 2x theirs. Why? South London vs Blackpool. And despite this, our attendances are 2x theirs to boot. Look at the turnover of the two clubs. Football is not run on romance, no matter how much you wish it was. It's money that makes the difference. And cities with more money will have a huge advantage.
  • Options

Please tell me you are kidding. A significant (if not dominant) portion of revenue for clubs below the PL is matchday money and season ticket sales. Better-off towns and cities have more disposable money to spend on tickets, which results in higher ticket prices, more attendees and thus more... revenue. CAFC... same league, but our season ticket prices are 2x theirs. Why? South London vs Blackpool. And despite this, our attendances are 2x theirs to boot. Look at the turnover of the two clubs. Football is not run on romance, no matter how much you wish it was. It's money that makes the difference. And cities with more money will have a huge advantage.
    If the economy of the town was as important as you say how do you explain Liverpool (bin dippers) 'ruling' Europe in the 70's & 80's, when many either had low paid employment or no job at all?

Sorry, but you are clueless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You’ve got to get up
    You've got to get out
    Grab the world by the throat and shout 
  • Options

Blackpool have three parties interested in purchasing the club - including a potential controversial return of Owen Oyston.

Sportsmail understands Oyston is still working behind the scenes to wrestle back control of the Seasiders, in what would prove a doomed assignment.

It is also understood that lifelong supporter Andy Pilley, currently owner of local rivals Fleetwood Town, has registered serious interest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6975687/Owen-Oyston-working-wrestle-control-Blackpool.html

• Options
    There's no way someone like Oyston could pass the EFL's Fit & Proper Person's Test. Oh wait... 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We're pleased for you. Congrats. 
  • Options

If the economy of the town was as important as you say how do you explain Liverpool (bin dippers) 'ruling' Europe in the 70's & 80's, when many either had low paid employment or no job at all?

One word... robbing
  • Options
    Good afternoon. I realise this may be a bit of a sore subject but just wanted to let you know we have officially got a new owner and the Oyston name is consigned to (unglamorous) history https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement-new-owner/
    Is his first name Roland 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Good afternoon. I realise this may be a bit of a sore subject but just wanted to let you know we have officially got a new owner and the Oyston name is consigned to (unglamorous) history https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement-new-owner/
    Is his first name Roland 

Haha, that was the first thing I checked.....
  • Options
    Congratulations. Bought by a fan.  Lucky sods. 
  • Options
    Good for them.