Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs near Stratford Station.

Can anyone recommend any pubs near Stratford Station. I'm meeting up with some ex colleagues and need to find a suitable pub for a catch up.

Thanks

Comments

• King Edward VII .. near Stratford Church in the Broadway .. not exactly close to the station, about a 10 minute walk away
  • edited January 2019

King Edward VII .. near Stratford Church in the Broadway .. not exactly close to the station, about a 10 minute walk away

Second this. Can't think of any competition for this pub. Get off at Stratford high Street if coming on DLR from the south.
    https://www.kingeddies.co.uk
  • Thanks.
    I've been to the Golden Grove and it's too noisy for me.
    Although cheap, which I like.
  • I used to like the bar on the platform. Nothing finer than sitting there with a nice pint of Guinness knowing that you've every bit as much chance of getting a seat on the train as all the queuers and the pushers (absolutely no chance), but whilst they've wasted their time out in the cold, you've extended your drinking hours.
  • Been a few years since we moved them, but my work support team used to be in the building next to Ye Olde Black Bull (also in the High Street). They always liked it and seems to still be getting decent reviews.

Had a couple of Mackems from one of our call centres in Newcastle come down for the Sunderland game last week. They stayed in the Premier Inn by Stratford International...I told them to try and cancel it and get over to the right side of the river!! :wink:
  • I really like Tap East, inside Westfield. Good if you like decent beer
  • se9addick said:

I really like Tap East, inside Westfield. Good if you like decent beer

I second that. The tap east is tiny but has some great beers. Right next to Stratford international.

• Yep, I agree re Tap East.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes the Tap East is good, the Cow, is decent as well, two minute walk from the shopping centre, towards the Olympic park.
  • TelMc32 said:

Been a few years since we moved them, but my work support team used to be in the building next to Ye Olde Black Bull (also in the High Street). They always liked it and seems to still be getting decent reviews.

Had a couple of Mackems from one of our call centres in Newcastle come down for the Sunderland game last week. They stayed in the Premier Inn by Stratford International...I told them to try and cancel it and get over to the right side of the river!! :wink:

NatWest?