Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come and meet the Accrington owner on Saturday

Comments

• Options

Mametz said:

However, Holt employs the coaches who utilise these tactics. If i owned a company and some of my employees caused embarassment/wrongdoing then i would want some explaining.

Shouldnt laugh but after the supporter accidently kicks Bielik in the nuts, Bauer looks at Bielik on the floor, then scans his eyes around obviously quizically thinking 'what the fuck has happened there?'

Another anecdote from yesterday, was after the pen went in and Grant peeled off to the corner, Cullen giving it large to one of their players at the edge of the box.

As I said above Accrington are a tiny club with tiny resources but it seems quite likely they will escape relegation. The clubs that should be embarrassed are Plymouth and Bradford whose average crowds couldn’t fit in Accrington’s ground.
    Being a 'tiny club' doesnt give them the licence to deploy the tactics that they clearly used yesterday.
    Given that the referee, who is in charge of behaviour on the field only sent one of their players off together with one of ours, it apparently does.
  • Options
    I think the ref was to blame for not sending a few more of their players off. I'm sure they don't lose their composure like that every week.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Just listened to the interviews. Really impressive from Wedgie Addick

But was it Phil Parry who says at the end: "that was Accrington owner Andy Holt speaking to the Crystal Palace Supporters Trust" ?

Is there some legal redress we can claim for this or was Louis wearing his Palace top again?

Yes, gutted by that. Clearly Parry associates Louis with the Eagles. Doubt they're too chuffed to find out they were hosting Accrington. In this parallel universe, does that mean Charlton were away at Anfield?
  • Options

Would loved to have seen him after the game and asked him if he was happy with the way his team behaved today. That includes the management staff who were a disgrace too.

Very good point.
    Maybe someone can ask him via Twitter/Facebook etc.

perhaps it was a hard fought game and that's just what happened. I don't think tweeting him about their behaviour makes alot of sense what are you expecting him to say?
    I thought their behaviour was one of the worst I’ve ever seen, so personally do think it’s worth asking.
    He is after all putting himself out there as some sort of expert in how to run a club and yet his team seem very unprofessional.
    may I ask you if you are old enough to have been at the Battle of he Bridge, Chelsea v Charlton in 1989.? You remember Paul Miller? He was an arsehole of the first order, but he kept us up that day, and his ridiculous equaliser isn't what I'm talking about. He's a legend because of that game, as are all the players in a red shirt that day. Now ask a Chelsea fan who was there that day, what they thought.

He was signed to do a job, and he did it. And when he overstepped the mark the following season, sent off for spitting, it was Lennie who got rid.

@The_President raises the analogy of a company boss, but a top boss also delegates to senior managers the responsibility for employees that SM has selected. So that means the buck stops with Accy's manager.

The culture of an organisation is determined by the board and the actions of management. Culture eats strategy for breakfast as they say, and to differentiate between a board and the actual delivery lacks credibility. Plausible deniability is no defence, especially with a hierarchy as small as an EFL football club.

In contrast, the reason that our club has turned a corner is that we have the likes of Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko and Avory running the show instead of Meire, Fraeye and Driesen. It has taken a few transfer windows but our head of recruitment and our academy manager have at long last put things straight.

To suggest that the filthiest team to appear at the Valley in a long long time is nothing to do with the owner because the owner fits your world view lacks credibility and understanding. Some might use the term "apologist" but theres no requirement for name calling.

Some took the very same stance when AFC Wimbledon fans abused KR and their steward screamed unacceptable rubbish at him. Bottom line is that you're either a Charlton fan backing Bow and the lads or you're on the sidelines supporting some other model, somebody else. Of course one can complicate matters with all manner of layers but you either wanting us to climb the table or not.

Bullshit excuses for our opponents tends to fall into the latter camp. This wasnt just a few late tackles. It was their players stamping on ours - including an incident in the first half when one of theirs put his boot on Cullen's head when it would have been easier to avoid him.

Fortunately most Charlton fans see a team winning games and climbing the table and so an additional two thousand showed up yesterday compared to the pre- Christmas norm of 9,500 home fans. And we have sold out the away end at Peterborough because of the vibe around the place.

As others have posted, to be awarded a penalty so late in the game against that scummy side and then convert it was sweet. Add the fact that some of the top five dropped points was all the better. But their owner will back their manager and assistant and interpret the game through their lens, blaming officials and Taylor.
  • Options

Would loved to have seen him after the game and asked him if he was happy with the way his team behaved today. That includes the management staff who were a disgrace too.

Very good point.

perhaps it was a hard fought game and that's just what happened. I don't think tweeting him about their behaviour makes alot of sense what are you expecting him to say?
    I thought their behaviour was one of the worst I’ve ever seen, so personally do think it’s worth asking.
    He is after all putting himself out there as some sort of expert in how to run a club and yet his team seem very unprofessional.
    may I ask you if you are old enough to have been at the Battle of he Bridge, Chelsea v Charlton in 1989.? You remember Paul Miller? He was an arsehole of the first order, but he kept us up that day, and his ridiculous equaliser isn't what I'm talking about. He's a legend because of that game, as are all the players in a red shirt that day. Now ask a Chelsea fan who was there that day, what they thought.

He was signed to do a job, and he did it. And when he overstepped the mark the following season, sent off for spitting, it was Lennie who got rid.

@The_President raises the analogy of a company boss, but a top boss also delegates to senior managers the responsibility for employees that SM has selected. So that means the buck stops with Accy's manager.

And we all know who Accrington's manager is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:

However, Holt employs the coaches who utilise these tactics. If i owned a company and some of my employees caused embarassment/wrongdoing then i would want some explaining.

Shouldnt laugh but after the supporter accidently kicks Bielik in the nuts, Bauer looks at Bielik on the floor, then scans his eyes around obviously quizically thinking 'what the fuck has happened there?'

Another anecdote from yesterday, was after the pen went in and Grant peeled off to the corner, Cullen giving it large to one of their players at the edge of the box.

As I said above Accrington are a tiny club with tiny resources but it seems quite likely they will escape relegation. The clubs that should be embarrassed are Plymouth and Bradford whose average crowds couldn’t fit in Accrington’s ground.
    Accrington is a small town of about 30,000, close to both Burnley and Blackburn.

Plymouth is a large city of 250,000, and Bradford has a population of half a million.
    Of course they will attract bigger crowds than Accrington.

• Options
    Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

The culture of an organisation is determined by the board and the actions of management. Culture eats strategy for breakfast as they say, and to differentiate between a board and the actual delivery lacks credibility. Plausible deniability is no defence, especially with a hierarchy as small as an EFL football club.

In contrast, the reason that our club has turned a corner is that we have the likes of Bowyer, Gallen, Jacko and Avory running the show instead of Meire, Fraeye and Driesen. It has taken a few transfer windows but our head of recruitment and our academy manager have at long last put things straight.

To suggest that the filthiest team to appear at the Valley in a long long time is nothing to do with the owner because the owner fits your world view lacks credibility and understanding. Some might use the term "apologist" but theres no requirement for name calling.

Some took the very same stance when AFC Wimbledon fans abused KR and their steward screamed unacceptable rubbish at him. Bottom line is that you're either a Charlton fan backing Bow and the lads or you're on the sidelines supporting some other model, somebody else. Of course one can complicate matters with all manner of layers but you either wanting us to climb the table or not.

Bullshit excuses for our opponents tends to fall into the latter camp. This wasnt just a few late tackles. It was their players stamping on ours - including an incident in the first half when one of theirs put his boot on Cullen's head when it would have been easier to avoid him.

Fortunately most Charlton fans see a team winning games and climbing the table and so an additional two thousand showed up yesterday compared to the pre- Christmas norm of 9,500 home fans. And we have sold out the away end at Peterborough because of the vibe around the place.

As others have posted, to be awarded a penalty so late in the game against that scummy side and then convert it was sweet. Add the fact that some of the top five dropped points was all the better. But their owner will back their manager and assistant and interpret the game through their lens, blaming officials and Taylor.
    I have no intention of being rude, and it may well be my fault, but I can’t quite fathom out the point you are making.

I thinks he's saying the way AS players conducted themselves is the owner's fault and the fact CAFC are doing well atm is because of the virtues of our owner. Further, I think he's saying that if you disagree then you're not a real fan
  • Options

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

I have no intention of being rude, and it may well be my fault, but I can’t quite fathom out the point you are making.

I thinks he's saying the way AS players conducted themselves is the owner's fault and the fact CAFC are doing well atm is because of the virtues of our owner. Further, I think he's saying that if you disagree then you're not a real fan
    Ah right. Mmmmmm.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said,

Accrington is a small town of about 30,000, close to both Burnley and Blackburn.

Plymouth is a large city of 250,000, and Bradford has a population of half a million.
    Of course they will attract bigger crowds than Accrington.

I think you have missed my point.

I know where Accrington is and it’s size relative to Bradford and Plymouth. Bradford and Plymouth get bigger crowds and have much bigger resources than Accrington but are currently well below them in the table.

• Options

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

Thank you!

Perhaps not so black and white that the owner is responsible for everything but one certainly cannot completely separate the board / owner from events on the pitch. Dirty Leeds and Don Revie didn't kick their way through the 70s without board approval!

And to add that the simplest thing today is to back Bow and the lads, especially when opponents are stamping on them! We need that 100% support home and away so backing other club owners is at best a distraction and at worst divisive.

As Cruyff (and Bowyer) said football is a simple game but hard to play simply. Perhaps one might extend that to supporting our club? So why not keep things simple and support the lads in our promotion push. Then there's no room for misinterpretation.

• Options

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

What's that can of petrol you've got there? :-)

• Options
    NugNug
    edited January 2019

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

Thank you!

Perhaps not so black and white that the owner is responsible for everything but one certainly cannot completely separate the board / owner from events on the pitch. Dirty Leeds and Don Revie didn't kick their way through the 70s without board approval!

And to add that the simplest thing today is to back Bow and the lads, especially when opponents are stamping on them! We need that 100% support home and away so backing other club owners is at best a distraction and at worst divisive.

As Cruyff (and Bowyer) said football is a simple game but hard to play simply. Perhaps one might extend that to supporting our club? So why not keep things simple and support the lads in our promotion push. Then there's no room for misinterpretation.

Can't work out if you're digging out the trust or just Charlton fans in general. Maybe take Cruyff's advice and keep it simple.
  • Options
    Seriously delude
    Nug said:

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

Thank you!

Can't work out if you're digging out the trust or just Charlton fans in general. Maybe take Cruyff's advice and keep it simple.
    Cruyff was famous for his turns, a bit like a certain poster on this thread.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

Thank you!

Impossible for him to keep things simple!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mametz said:

I have

Very good point.

Thank you!

Strange second paragraph.
  • Options
    What a twat presenter....member of the Crystal Palace Supporters Trust.....wanker
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I know people who went to school with his kids up here and I've always heard he's a really good bloke and what he's done and continues to do for Accrington is brilliant. Made his money selling Wham boxes would you believe.
  • Options
    What are they?
  • Options

What are they?

Boxes with George Michael's face on.
  • Options

I know people who went to school with his kids up here and I've always heard he's a really good bloke and what he's done and continues to do for Accrington is brilliant. Made his money selling Wham boxes would you believe.
    I’ve heard that’s just a careless whisper
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    clive said:
    I always wondered what the Wham Stadium at Accrington sponsored, now I know ..... glorified Tupperware boxes.

And nothing to do with George Michael and Andrew Ridgely - or even West Ham.

• Options

Very good point.

And we all know who Accrington's manager is.
    I got the manager wrong, I thought it was Joey Barton!!!