Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come and meet the Accrington owner on Saturday

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Had a decent chat with Andy on the train. Proper football man. Really excited about watching Accrington play at The Valley.

Really nice to know we are still seemed as a big club.
  • Options
    Not even a named partner.
  • Options
    Will there be a write up anywhere of the Q&A / Interview?
  • Options
    Buck has always been a w****r. Instrumental in the poaching of Parker IIRC, and rewrote history to make Chelsea seem less vile.
  • Options

BBC London just ran @LouisMend very good interview with Andy Holt and @Weegie Addick on behalf of CAST. Weegie as fluent as ever, pressed all the right buttons. "Very interesting" was Phil Parry's verdict as she finished.

I’ll play it again on Charlton Live tomorrow as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Would loved to have seen him after the game and asked him if he was happy with the way his team behaved today. That includes the management staff who were a disgrace too.

Very good point.
    Maybe someone can ask him via Twitter/Facebook etc.
  • Options
    Any feedback from those there?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Would loved to have seen him after the game and asked him if he was happy with the way his team behaved today. That includes the management staff who were a disgrace too.

Very good point.

perhaps it was a hard fought game and that's just what happened. I don't think tweeting him about their behaviour makes alot of sense what are you expecting him to say?
  • Options

No, sorry. Members Only. :smile:
    #East Cast Addicks#

• Options

Yes, it was a v good event - listen to Charlton Live tomorrow for a report with write up to follow on CAST website. In the meantime on the beers/ wine after that result. Up the Addicks!
  • Options

Very good point.

perhaps it was a hard fought game and that's just what happened. I don't think tweeting him about their behaviour makes alot of sense what are you expecting him to say?
    I thought their behaviour was one of the worst I’ve ever seen, so personally do think it’s worth asking.
    He is after all putting himself out there as some sort of expert in how to run a club and yet his team seem very unprofessional.
  • Options
    Football is very tribal and you tend to defend your own. I think their behaviour fell short at the end of the game and they were lucky three more players at least did not get sent off. They may have deserved a draw, but you can make an argument either way for the penalty which means you can't really complain to much about it. It wasn't the biggest miscarriage of justice imaginable which the behaviour of some of their players suggested it was.
  • Options
    Football is an emotional game, but it can be argued that IF Bowyer punched a player in the tunnel afterwards then he was in the wrong.
  • Options
    Great owner. Shithouse team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So no one on here was there other than Weegie?

Surprised, would have expected more interest
  • Options

So no one on here was there other than Weegie?

Surprised, would have expected more interest

Quite a few from here, actually! Guess they have all been on the beers too...
  • Options

BBC London just ran @LouisMend very good interview with Andy Holt and @Weegie Addick on behalf of CAST. Weegie as fluent as ever, pressed all the right buttons. "Very interesting" was Phil Parry's verdict as she finished.

You can hear this interview via this link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06w5ry9 Just head to 19 mins and 45 secs
  • Options
    However, Holt employs the coaches who utilise these tactics. If i owned a company and some of my employees caused embarassment/wrongdoing then i would want some explaining.

Shouldnt laugh but after the supporter accidently kicks Bielik in the nuts, Bauer looks at Bielik on the floor, then scans his eyes around obviously quizically thinking 'what the fuck has happened there?'

Another anecdote from yesterday, was after the pen went in and Grant peeled off to the corner, Cullen giving it large to one of their players at the edge of the box.
  • Options

However, Holt employs the coaches who utilise these tactics. If i owned a company and some of my employees caused embarassment/wrongdoing then i would want some explaining.

Shouldnt laugh but after the supporter accidently kicks Bielik in the nuts, Bauer looks at Bielik on the floor, then scans his eyes around obviously quizically thinking 'what the fuck has happened there?'

Another anecdote from yesterday, was after the pen went in and Grant peeled off to the corner, Cullen giving it large to one of their players at the edge of the box.

As I said above Accrington are a tiny club with tiny resources but it seems quite likely they will escape relegation. The clubs that should be embarrassed are Plymouth and Bradford whose average crowds couldn’t fit in Accrington’s ground.
  • Options

Very good point.

I thought their behaviour was one of the worst I’ve ever seen, so personally do think it’s worth asking.
    He is after all putting himself out there as some sort of expert in how to run a club and yet his team seem very unprofessional.
    may I ask you if you are old enough to have been at the Battle of he Bridge, Chelsea v Charlton in 1989.? You remember Paul Miller? He was an arsehole of the first order, but he kept us up that day, and his ridiculous equaliser isn't what I'm talking about. He's a legend because of that game, as are all the players in a red shirt that day. Now ask a Chelsea fan who was there that day, what they thought.

He was signed to do a job, and he did it. And when he overstepped the mark the following season, sent off for spitting, it was Lennie who got rid.

@The_President raises the analogy of a company boss, but a top boss also delegates to senior managers the responsibility for employees that SM has selected. So that means the buck stops with Accy's manager.

• Options
    Mametz said:

As I said above Accrington are a tiny club with tiny resources but it seems quite likely they will escape relegation. The clubs that should be embarrassed are Plymouth and Bradford whose average crowds couldn’t fit in Accrington’s ground.
    Being a 'tiny club' doesnt give them the licence to deploy the tactics that they clearly used yesterday.