Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent - more troubles

Declared bankrupt today.

Comments

• The former England U21 international spent the last years of his professional career playing in Indonesia for Mitra Kukar, but hasn't been registered at any club since leaving Southern Combination Division One side Wick in 2017.

And now he has been forced to declare insolvency, according to the public record, despite having once earned a salary topping out near the £1million-a-year mark.>
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-everton-striker-marcus-bent-13854509
  • The amount of money premier league footballers earn they must make some serious mistakes with their financial decisions to end up bankrupt.
    He should be living in comfort not skint.

So called 'friends' getting involved in looking after the finances probably.

Marcus was living the celebrity lifestyle for a while too with Gemma Atkinson I believe.

Tomorrow never comes.
  • LenGlover said:

The amount of money premier league footballers earn they must make some serious mistakes with their financial decisions to end up bankrupt.
    He should be living in comfort not skint.

So called 'friends' getting involved in looking after the finances probably.

Marcus was living the celebrity lifestyle for a while too with Gemma Atkinson I believe.

Tomorrow never comes.
    Was he friends with Richard Rufus?
  • Looking at that picture and the stories about mystery intruders, charging at police with a knife and getting on it at Chessington-I could hazard a guess where his money has gone.
  • The bloke got to play trains and tunnels with the incomparable Gemma Atkinson.

Once you’ve scaled those heights everything else is on the way down.

She's gone down in my estimation!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Did you read the article ?
    Plus what he attempted to do to a friend of mine, which I would not repeat on here.
  • Kap10 said:

The bloke got to play trains and tunnels with the incomparable Gemma Atkinson.

Once you’ve scaled those heights everything else is on the way down.

She's gone down in my estimation!!
    I'm sure she is gutted! :wink:
  • "he has entered the oil business" thats where it's all gone...
  • Seth Plum (the real one) was a petrol pump attendant and he played football for England.

When I was very young I used to go out with my grandfather (he died when I was 9 so I was very young) in his van when he was making his deliveries and I have a memory of him telling me that the bloke that just served him petrol on one occasion was called Seth Plum and he had played football for England.

• Classic...

“Bent made the decision to swap England for Indonesia in 2011 after being released by Birmingham City, claiming that he "no longer wanted to be based up north" away from his young family”

• He comes from around here (sunbury), was spotted many times, not by me, driving around in his Bentley with personalised plates - used to piss me off
  • Bit irrelevant,only with us a short while did nothing,could not care less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit irrelevant,only with us a short while did nothing,could not care less.

Scored that equaliser against Chelsea good finish to be fair. But yeah seems a thug
  • Not a nice person I am reliably told, should have been locked up for what he did and subsequently arrested for.
  • Classic...

“Bent made the decision to swap England for Indonesia in 2011 after being released by Birmingham City, claiming that he "no longer wanted to be based up north" away from his young family”

Well, to be fair, Indonesia is south of Birmingham so his grasp of geography is better than Dale Stephens'.