Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - PODCAST OUT - Reaction to Shrews - some debates to get involved with too here

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us at 7pm or via the podcast after as we look back at the win over Shrewsbury. We'll hear the commentary highlights and also speak to Lee Bowyer and new left-back Ben Purrington. We want to know what you made of the game, which players stood out etc etc - contact details below.

We also have a number of discussion topics tonight -

1. Lee Bowyer has set his sights on the top two. We're now just three points off the automatic places, albeit having played more games than our rivals. We want to know what you think - can we finish top two and why/why not?

2. Shrewsbury have installed a safe-standing section at the New Meadow - would you like to see that at The Valley?

3. Lighthearted one - I'm trying to get 'The Cat' going as a nickname for Ben PURRington - what other terrible nicknames could we give to Charlton players?

Get involved with all the subjects above and have your say on the game via the contact methods below

Contact the studio -

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Sounded like a PURRfect performance at one of the most difficult grounds in league one this season. Clean sheet, Taylor and Grant on the scoresheet and no injuries.

Everything on the pitch seems to be slotting into place and Bowyer is close to having a huge selection headache.

1) Top 2 on the final day. Home Form, Grant and Taylor.

2) Absolute No Brainer, the North Lower would be the perfect place for it.

• Bowyer and Jackson along with Steve Gallen have worked miracles, but you can't help thinking what if the owner actually supported them instead of this make do and mend attitude. Also January isn't over yet ance again you can't help thinking is he going to sell someone to meet his running costs. Great show Gents and Sue of course, keep it going.
    Ray
  • Bump - about to go live
  • Williams: Bearded Wonder!
  • 1. Sunderland and Charlton for the autos.

Luton to fade away without NJ ...
    Pompey collapse after Jackett does his best Alan Ball impression for the rest of the season (and they've got a lot of fixtures coming up - FA Cup, Chubby CheckerTrade Trophy ... this year's Shrews) ...
    Posh are dragged down the table by Steve Evans's weight and implode under his own gravitational field ...
    Barnsley miss out so that they can win the play-offs.

2. I'm already in a 'safe-standing section at The Valley ... there's no other bugger close to me and my folks on the back row of the top deck of the Cupboard End so we get away with standing all match. No reason why the lower deck couldn't be converted to a 'proper' standing area.

3. Obviously, the manager is Lord Bowyer, ably assisted by his butler, Jackson. His future livestock purchases are scouted by Gamekeeper Gallen ...
    Naby BeckenSarr is The Enforcer ...
    BFG is the German Bookie, Paddy Bauer ...
    Tarique Fosu is the 'Dodgy/Out-Of-Date Sat Nav' because he often ends up running down blind alleys with the ball and getting lost.
  • Are you on yet?
  • Stream connection problem
  • I can't get on either.
  • I can’t either
  • My balls up, forgot to turn the stream on! Should be on now
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland hasn't loaded the electric key.
  • We should make the Play-Offs from here, but I reckon we need around another 35 points from the last 18 games to get an automatic place which is a tall order but still possible as we have a reasonable run in with only 4 games left against the likely promotion rivals - Pompey & Luton at Home, Peterborough & Donny away. Pompey & Sunderland still favourites to fill the top 2 places with Barnsley the dark horses and the team i would most want to avoid in the Play-Offs.
  • edited January 2019
    What a brilliant day out, cracking result to boot.
    It was like the Notting Hill Carnival, with the singing and dancing going on among the charlton faithful.

Top 2?

Course we can!

COYR!!!

• Pod is out now, cheers to all who got involved tonight