Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson next Luton manager?

Comments

• Options
    if there is an approach by Luton for JJ could it be a similar disruptive action to the Chelski/Scott Parker transfer?
  • Options
    Onefir a future question of sport...’which stoke city manager got a manager of the month award despite never winning a game whilst in charge
  • Options

Looks like it may be Ryan Lowe that they appoint.

He is still only 3rd favourite at 5/1
    The bookies don't pick the manager though, so whilst odds are somewhat intetesting, they are mostly irrelevant.
    All i am saying in CEL said it looks like it may be Lowe they appoint, if that was true surely the odds would reflect this, but as he is still 3rd favourite and 5/1 that that to me says its still very undecided
    I'm going to put 5k tomorrow on Lowe to be the next manager.
    You got £5k, Elfs .... ?

You could get a round of drinks with that. :smile:

• Options

if there is an approach by Luton for JJ could it be a similar disruptive action to the Chelski/Scott Parker transfer?

I don't think so - there isn't a window for assistant managers and Bowyer will know enough people in the game to bring in who he can work with. Not that we won't miss JJ but I wouldn't bet against him coming back at some point if he left.
  • Options

My bigger concern is that we only seem to have two coaches, which I don't think is enough to begin with. Logistically it would be very difficult for Bowyer. I imagine it already is for the two of them.
  • Options

Onefir a future question of sport...’which stoke city manager got a manager of the month award despite never winning a game whilst in charge
    John Terry?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Surely thats worded wrong, it should be which stoke city manager got a manager of the month award before winning a game.

They way u have worded it the question would become invalid as soon as Stoke win a game under him
  • Options
    Johnnie said ‘that was a quick meeting because I wasn’t even there

So much for he interviewed well haha
  • Options
    But the bookies had him as favourite so must be true. : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Odds might slide down a bit now report of interview seems to be false.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    If only bobmunro stopped sticking money on it
  • Options

That rumor is an internet one I think it started here on the Nathan Jones thread

Hmmmmmm 🙈
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Johnnie said ‘that was a quick meeting because I wasn’t even there

So much for he interviewed well haha

About 48 managers said that about their CAFC interview/meeting with the squirrel...;-)
  • Options
    I know the JJ to Luton stuff was rubbish but IF he did leave I imagine LB would bring in someone like Harry Kewell.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know the JJ to Luton stuff was rubbish but IF he did leave I imagine LB would bring in someone like Harry Kewell.

Have often wondered if Bowyer has considered getting Kewell in for some training with his Midfielders / Strikers

Especially after what he did to help Karlan
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Russell Slade being interviewed apparently

Really hope he gets it btw 4/1 second favourite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Slade the other day buying rawl plugs in a hardware store. True story.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Saw Slade the other day buying rawl plugs in a hardware store. True story.

Brown ones?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

A bizarre choice if true, his turgid football hardly suits the style of the team Jones built
  • Options

CH4RLTON said:

A bizarre choice if true, his turgid football hardly suits the style of the team Jones built
    And just a total 180, young, up and coming, charismatic and vibrant to Slade.

That said, Watt did mention that Slade was very helpful with some personal/mental health issues. I don't particularly rate Slade as a coach but maybe he's a better man-manager than I give him credit for.
  • Options
    Russel Slade and Luton would be a great fit.
    Slade would sort the canteen out as well.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

CH4RLTON said:

And just a total 180, young, up and coming, charismatic and vibrant to Slade.

That said, Watt did mention that Slade was very helpful with some personal/mental health issues. I don't particularly rate Slade as a coach but maybe he's a better man-manager than I give him credit for.
    Sacked from his last 3 jobs (us, Coventry, Grimsby) too
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

Harry Kwell?
    Old joke i know...
  • Options

Please let it be Russsel Slade.

Shhh, don't say that could be the kiss of death saying that. At our expense.