Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Burton Albion Beat Man City Over 2 Legs...

Comments

• Options
    What odds can I get to take Burton to win the second leg and move to the next round on goal differential?
  • Options
    10:1 to Burton, city to go through on away goals
  • Options
    No away goals
  • Options

No away goals

Lucky for Burton then...
  • Options
    Feel for Burton. They had a good chance to equalise at 1-0! Might not have been so bad had they done so.
  • Options

What odds can I get to take Burton to win the second leg and move to the next round on goal differential?

I’d imagine most bookies will give you pretty much whatever odds you want!
  • Options

77,000,000-1
  • Options
    last night shows what a joke English football has become - Burton currently 9th aren't exactly doing crap, had a little cup run then get dismantled like last night, what a night for the fans to remember etc, the gulf in premier league to lower leagues is getting ridiculous, pals who are Chelsea, spurs, west ham fans call me such a lower league fan.

but last night half empty stadium, a "mickey mouse" cup semi final, man city didn't really have to get out of 1st gear and they scored 9 and not with the strongest team available to them.

all well and good getting these cup ties but cannot do the team any good losing on likely double figures, and not great for the fans either.
  • Options

last night shows what a joke English football has become - Burton currently 9th aren't exactly doing crap, had a little cup run then get dismantled like last night, what a night for the fans to remember etc, the gulf in premier league to lower leagues is getting ridiculous, pals who are Chelsea, spurs, west ham fans call me such a lower league fan.

but last night half empty stadium, a "mickey mouse" cup semi final, man city didn't really have to get out of 1st gear and they scored 9 and not with the strongest team available to them.

all well and good getting these cup ties but cannot do the team any good losing on likely double figures, and not great for the fans either.

Manchester City pumped West Ham 6-0 in the league cup semi final 5 years ago. Not the first time they have humiliated a team in a cup semi final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Manchester City pumped West Ham 6-0 in the league cup semi final 5 years ago. Not the first time they have humiliated a team in a cup semi final.
    it just makes you think is it all worth it?.
  • Options

Small teams have been hammered by big teams from the moment football was invented - City smashing Burton last night is not at all a sign of “what a joke English football has become”. It’s why Cup upsets are so exciting, you can’t have one without the other.
  • Options
    I've got some respect for City for fielding a strong side last night. They showed Burton the respect they deserved for getting to a cup semi-final.

It's not surprising a team of that quality dismantled a League One side.

But I don think the League Cup has become an increasingly pointless competition. In my humble opinion I'd remove take the PL teams out of it. Get rid of the Checkatrade and make the Football League Cup a cup competition for the Football League.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Small teams have been hammered by big teams from the moment football was invented - City smashing Burton last night is not at all a sign of “what a joke English football has become”. It’s why Cup upsets are so exciting, you can’t have one without the other.
    so you don't think in the days of teams paying twice the value of our club, ground and infrastructure for a single player is a joke?

cheapeast season tickets at clubs costing £43.57 a game is a joke?

how many players do city/chelsea have out on loan?

the pl is so advanced from the efl now i don't remember such a clear divide.
  • Options

se9addick said:

so you don't think in the days of teams paying twice the value of our club, ground and infrastructure for a single player is a joke?

I don’t think a small team getting hammered by a big team means that English football has become a joke.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I haven't compared the Burton team to the team that we beat at The Pirelli in November but they were no mugs that night when we did a smash and grab on them for the three points. Frightening to think that this result on the back of the pasting Rotherham received at the weekend, how far we'd have to go to win the Champions league which Citeh haven't achieved yet 😯
  • Options

116 123
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Man City have already put 6 past Southampton and Huddersfield this season and also 6 past Shakhtar in the champions league then 7 past Rotherham so it's no real surprise they smashed Burton.

The current City side are one of the best sides in English football history, it doesn't mean English football is a joke. Burton had already achieved the incredible by getting to the semis.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I don’t think a small team getting hammered by a big team means that English football has become a joke.
    wasn't just the result was it?

• Options

se9addick said:

Fuck me your full of joy @palarsehater , i get your point but still blimey lighten up bud :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Man City have already put 6 past Southampton and Huddersfield this season and also 6 past Shakhtar in the champions league then 7 past Rotherham so it's no real surprise they smashed Burton.

The current City side are one of the best sides in English football history, it doesn't mean English football is a joke. Burton had already achieved the incredible by getting to the semis.
    i think achievements will be accounted for the best side in English football history - also a part of me thinks with the money they have spent i could probably create a good side.

united's treble year was some achievement as they were the best in every position but were bloody impressive.

met a couple on holiday last year who were big city fans and said they have put so much into the local area, peps kids go to the school where he is head teacher etc.
  • Options
    Man City have loads of world class players all trying to force themselves into Pep's starting XI. Its no surprise last night went the way it did. They are next level good.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Neither do I - see Stevenage 0 v Charlton 8

And we didn't score our first goal until the 25th minute.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Fuck me your full of joy @palarsehater , i get your point but still blimey lighten up bud :smiley:
    ha i made a point and a few tried to challenge it, so just giving my reasons.
  • Options
    WSS said:

116 123
    very good, the samaritans helpline for anyone else wondering.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I know you were very disappointed @palarsehater that we never progressed in the cups again this year but with what has just happened to Rotherham and Burton at the hands of Citeh, would it have been a good day out if we had drawn one of the big hitters and been pummelled ? Your prem mates would have had a field day at our expense. :disappointed:
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

wasn't just the result was it?

But none of that is a new development - you aren’t going to always get full houses for matches against small teams, the League Cup has always been a distant third in terms of priority domestically in England and big teams will not need to play to their full capability to win matches against 3rd tier sides. I don’t understand how any of this means that English football is a “joke”.

Some of the other factors that you’ve listed are valid points of discussion but last night was no different to hundreds of matches through the history of the game where the small team takes a hiding from the big team.
  • Options

WSS said:

116 123
    very good, the samaritans helpline for anyone else wondering.
    Yes, I guessed that it might be but knowing the MO of WSS it is often an IQ test deciphering the message :wink:
  • Options
    I'm having a bet on Burton to win the 2nd leg 10-0 … N O T ((:>)
  • Options
    We still hold the record for inflicting Burtons biggest FA Cup defeat - 7-0 at The Valley in 1956. Was that the last time we won a Cup match?