Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prison Life

Comments

• Options

OK, I'll probably get pelters for this. I went to prison for 14 days once (I know, no biggie). It was terrifying. If I had had to stay there for months or years I don't think I would have managed and would probably have ended up yet another suicide statistic, like so many others. if you seriously think prison is so cushy how do you explain the massively disproportionate level of suicides, self harm and psychiatric problems?

I can tell you it is nightmarish, frightening and boring by turns with little or no respite. Locked up for several hours (at least) every day, usually with someone you would do your best to avoid on the out.

Were you guilty?
    Yup.
    I was not taking the piddle. I was curious to see if you were another wrongly charged person.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

has anyone on here been in prison would be interested to know if the items listed above are given out and how good it is inside.

My mrs is a probation officer, she visits regularly and obviously know lots of inmates.... the 'easy life' line is outdated, 2 days ago the news was telling us about a suicide in woodhill.... I doubt he did that because of too much playstation
    1 suicide all be it sad although i will hold my judgement until i know what crime it was, on social media there is a LOT of videos of inmates with phones, drugs, takeaway meals, tellys, xbox. i dont envy those that work in the sector paid pittance to do with some of these vile shits.

the ross kemp docu on barlinney ( the big hoose ) the lads featured on that offended because they think they are gangsters looked up one of the people featured he is back inside for armed robbery, the other older chap featured believed that abused children enjoyed it - i would have no qualms dispatching of someone like that, he said he is ill and will re-offend was serving his 4th sentence for child abuse.

99.99% of sex offeners have been abused themselves

fabricated statistic
    ok its slightly out for effect, but most have been abused... took me 10 seconds to google just now and read that upto 80% of juevenille sex offenders had been abused.
    40%-80% is correct.

Hense the 'upto' bit. Im sure those numbers are still much higher than people would presume... picking apart my points doesnt change the fact that a huge % of offenders are victims too.

Yes, I saw the 'upto' bit but added some factual clarity to the figures being presented as it would have been just as unclear if someone had said 'over 40%'.

Wasn't picking your post apart at all so feel free to put your paranoia away.

Hold on, forgot that we're only allowed to repeat made up info, opinions picked up down the pub or the upper figure of a range told to us by our partners.

Anyway, so long as you're sure.
    not just you so you can hide your parranoia too ..over 40% is fine, just no need to be a pedantic cunt
    'paranoia'

Glad that 'over 40%' is fine as it paints a different picture to '99.99%' and 'upto 80%'.

I've just bought one of these to not only hide it, but to lock it away. Do you think it'll be big enough?:

Id be happy if you dropped it on your head
    What a lovely individual you are. Posts half facts and then gets abusive when it's pointed out.

I thought Devon was supposed to mellow people out.
    Gets pissy with me and screams abuse when I return it lol grade A gammon, youl be flagging me next.
    Wtf is a gammon?
  • Options

OK, I'll probably get pelters for this. I went to prison for 14 days once (I know, no biggie). It was terrifying. If I had had to stay there for months or years I don't think I would have managed and would probably have ended up yet another suicide statistic, like so many others. if you seriously think prison is so cushy how do you explain the massively disproportionate level of suicides, self harm and psychiatric problems?

I can tell you it is nightmarish, frightening and boring by turns with little or no respite. Locked up for several hours (at least) every day, usually with someone you would do your best to avoid on the out.

Were you guilty?
    Yup.
    I was not taking the piddle. I was curious to see if you were another wrongly charged person.
    No problem - I was basically "caught" with a tiny bit of cannabis on me. I was taken to magistrates court and the mag, bless him thought it was big deal and gave me a £100 fine. I was living rough at the time, didn't pay it, moved to London and was picked up hitchhiking with ID on me. They took me to the magistrates court. he gave me 14 days and I spent it in the nearest Category B prison.
  • Options

has anyone on here been in prison would be interested to know if the items listed above are given out and how good it is inside.

Whether this study is correct or not, imo prisons aren't only there to stop people reoffending, they're there as a punishment and a balance needs to be drawn. We could go a couple of steps further and close prisons and try and sweeten up offenders in their own homes to convince them not commit crimes again, whether it worked or not ain't the point, where's the punishment?
    Community Service?

There is no real answer to the problem, if there were somewhere in the world it would be doing it. Serious crimes and crimes in general obviously need to have consequences but the reality is most people we lock will be out one day. I for one would hope we try to make these people blend back into society better than when they went into prison. May be some of them will become tax payers rather than tax takers. We should try and find a way to break the reoffending cycle.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

My mrs is a probation officer, she visits regularly and obviously know lots of inmates.... the 'easy life' line is outdated, 2 days ago the news was telling us about a suicide in woodhill.... I doubt he did that because of too much playstation
    1 suicide all be it sad although i will hold my judgement until i know what crime it was, on social media there is a LOT of videos of inmates with phones, drugs, takeaway meals, tellys, xbox. i dont envy those that work in the sector paid pittance to do with some of these vile shits.

the ross kemp docu on barlinney ( the big hoose ) the lads featured on that offended because they think they are gangsters looked up one of the people featured he is back inside for armed robbery, the other older chap featured believed that abused children enjoyed it - i would have no qualms dispatching of someone like that, he said he is ill and will re-offend was serving his 4th sentence for child abuse.

fabricated statistic
    ok its slightly out for effect, but most have been abused... took me 10 seconds to google just now and read that upto 80% of juevenille sex offenders had been abused.
    40%-80% is correct.

Hense the 'upto' bit. Im sure those numbers are still much higher than people would presume... picking apart my points doesnt change the fact that a huge % of offenders are victims too.

Yes, I saw the 'upto' bit but added some factual clarity to the figures being presented as it would have been just as unclear if someone had said 'over 40%'.

Hold on, forgot that we're only allowed to repeat made up info, opinions picked up down the pub or the upper figure of a range told to us by our partners.

not just you so you can hide your parranoia too ..over 40% is fine, just no need to be a pedantic cunt
    'paranoia'

Glad that 'over 40%' is fine as it paints a different picture to '99.99%' and 'upto 80%'.

I've just bought one of these to not only hide it, but to lock it away. Do you think it'll be big enough?:

What a lovely individual you are. Posts half facts and then gets abusive when it's pointed out.

Gets pissy with me and screams abuse when I return it lol grade A gammon, youl be flagging me next.
    Wtf is a gammon?
    It usually accompanies a pineapple ring.
    Well this is a prison threads
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Were you guilty?
    Yup.
    No problem - I was basically "caught" with a tiny bit of cannabis on me. I was taken to magistrates court and the mag, bless him thought it was big deal and gave me a £100 fine. I was living rough at the time, didn't pay it, moved to London and was picked up hitchhiking with ID on me. They took me to the magistrates court. he gave me 14 days and I spent it in the nearest Category B prison.
    My story.

Forest away years ago.

A steward pulled me up in the ground whilst I was having a coffee. He asked if I had been drinking and I said yeah(coherent but absolutely hammered). Next thing I know is plod taking me out the ground and charged.

Weeks later I'm back up there in court and given a £75 fine for being "drunk in a designated sports stadium". I was p***** off with this as my appearance was delayed due to two locals being called back into court after unpaid previous fines on top of their latest offence of burglary. Their punishment was £150, so does that make me half as bad as them?!

What I will say is that I have never gone into a football ground p***** since.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    You can get one of those inside.
    I hear that you've got between a 40% and 80% chance of getting one during the week but a 99.99% chance at weekends.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

It would seem that lying is part of your make up. Never screamed abuse nor got pissy. Wouldn't flag you either.

I just had a little dig at your non factual stats and got called a cunt for my troubles. Come to think of it you probably screamed it at me in a really pissy, gammon like, tone.

I can take being called a gammon because, you see, it means nothing.

Now, if I was being called a culturally appropriating gammon then that would bother me.
    You still contributed fuck all other than pull apart anything I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    It's usually a fat sweaty white male that hates anything different
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

It would seem that lying is part of your make up. Never screamed abuse nor got pissy. Wouldn't flag you either.

I just had a little dig at your non factual stats and got called a cunt for my troubles. Come to think of it you probably screamed it at me in a really pissy, gammon like, tone.

I can take being called a gammon because, you see, it means nothing.

Now, if I was being called a culturally appropriating gammon then that would bother me.
    You still contributed fuck all other than pull apart anything I say.
    I completed your half baked stat so that it was a complete picture.

Anyway, as you can see, we've moved on now.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    C'mon nice old spanner, if @Shine166 won't play the game tell me what a gammon is.

Please.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    It’s on the menu at Belmarsh tonight.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    Racist
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    C'mon nice old spanner, if @Shine166 won't play the game tell me what a gammon is.

Please.
    Your prayers have been answered.

I'll add to it by saying it's a white woke folk term for anyone they disagree with or who dares to challenge their falsehoods.

They're usually fat and sweaty as well.
  • Options

Whether this study is correct or not, imo prisons aren't only there to stop people reoffending, they're there as a punishment and a balance needs to be drawn. We could go a couple of steps further and close prisons and try and sweeten up offenders in their own homes to convince them not commit crimes again, whether it worked or not ain't the point, where's the punishment?
    Community Service?

There is no real answer to the problem, if there were somewhere in the world it would be doing it. Serious crimes and crimes in general obviously need to have consequences but the reality is most people we lock will be out one day. I for one would hope we try to make these people blend back into society better than when they went into prison. May be some of them will become tax payers rather than tax takers. We should try and find a way to break the reoffending cycle.
    Community service 'punishment' for murderers, rapists, robbers, thieves and drug dealers? Seriously??? Surely their being back in the society eventually doesn't mean they can just be 'punished' in such light way?
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?

Please.
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    Chips or jacket potato?
  • Options

It ultimately depends what you want to achieve with your prisons - do you want to lower reoffending or just try to please the 'hang 'em, flog 'em' brigade who are only concerned with punishment.

If we can cut reoffending that has to be a good thing?

Fair post, but I come back to an earlier post of mine.

If somebody's loved one was harmed most people would want the bar steward hurt, at least.
    I wouldn't want someone hurt - don't want to get down to their level.

If someone is dangerous my main concern is to get them off the street.
    Two wrongs do not make a right, so I accept what you are saying.

Put it another way, if you saw the culprit walking down the street after they served their sentence it would be very hard not to seek retribution.
    Vigilante action and retribution seems to often go disastrously wrong so I'd hope an individual was locked up. If they weren't punished and were still knocking round my neighbourhood it would be hard to stomach.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?

Please.
    Your prayers have been answered.

I'll add to it by saying it's a white woke folk term for anyone they disagree with or who dares to challenge their falsehoods.

They're usually fat and sweaty as well.
    Thank you BBW, you're not a bad lad really.

A reference to Glaswegians then?
  • Options

Were you guilty?
    Yup.
    My story.

Forest away years ago.

A steward pulled me up in the ground whilst I was having a coffee. He asked if I had been drinking and I said yeah(coherent but absolutely hammered). Next thing I know is plod taking me out the ground and charged.

Weeks later I'm back up there in court and given a £75 fine for being "drunk in a designated sports stadium". I was p***** off with this as my appearance was delayed due to two locals being called back into court after unpaid previous fines on top of their latest offence of burglary. Their punishment was £150, so does that make me half as bad as them?!

I think that just demonstrates how easily things can get out of hand and go wrong very quickly. I always thought a pre-match beer is a tradition and a law.
    There was a time where I used to be one of the last out of Royal Oak, I could in no way be described as sober. I rarely drive to a game so I will probably at least 4 pints pre-game if I use the train. I think either you have been rather unfortunate or I am a well functioning drunk.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Were you guilty?
    Yup.
    My story.

Forest away years ago.

I think that just demonstrates how easily things can get out of hand and go wrong very quickly. I always thought a pre-match beer is a tradition and a law.
    There was a time where I used to be one of the last out of Royal Oak, I could in no way be described as sober. I rarely drive to a game so I will probably at least 4 pints pre-game if I use the train. I think either you have been rather unfortunate or I am a well functioning drunk.
    Agreed.
  • Options

Community Service?

Community service 'punishment' for murderers, rapists, robbers, thieves and drug dealers? Seriously??? Surely their being back in the society eventually doesn't mean they can just be 'punished' in such light way?
    People need to be locked up if they are a danger to society - this would have to cover violent crimes.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    What about Jack Shepherd, the Thames boat killer, should he be allowed leave to appeal, even though he's been on the run since before the court case?

For me, its no.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    Do they serve pig products in prison?
  • Options

se9addick said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Croydon said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

fabricated statistic
    40%-80% is correct.

'paranoia'

Wtf is a gammon?
    Do they serve pig products in prison?
    I doubt it in Belmarsh, most of the inmates do not eat Pork if you get my drift.
  • Options

Community Service?

I wasn't I was suggesting that. The bit at the top was a reply and the bit underneath was my ramblings.
    But it's a fact only a handful of people get whole life terms so that leaves an awful lot of awful people who will be let out at some point. What we have been doing for years obviously doesn't work for some so may be a fresh approach might.