Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Sunderland : 5th January 2019

Comments

• Options
    Coventry lost today helping the gap for top 7 breaking away.
  • Options
    Taylor was superb today, but a big shout to Djicksteel - dropped in the deep end at a young age (in a Jordan Cousins styleeee) and getting on with it every week.

Anyone who made a really late decision to come and got there at HT has got their timing bang on.
    First half was pants.
  • Options

Taylor was superb today, but a big shout to Djicksteel - dropped in the deep end at a young age (in a Jordan Cousins styleeee) and getting on with it every week.

Anyone who made a really late decision to come and got there at HT has got their timing bang on.
    First half was pants.

I like Dijksteel but see him more as a midfielder - steep learning curve as a defender. Think some of our fans are digging him out too much.
  • Options
    It was a terrific advert for League One in all honesty. Disapointed we didn't take some great chances to win it, but that was a match and a half, played by two decent sides.
  • Options

Think we did enough to win it in the second half but would have taken a point before the game. Really good performance from us, special mention for Sarr who was again solid as a rock.

Forgot to mention that. Love big Nabs was exceptional. I'm not even sure I would have Pearce ahead of him right now. Naby is just so muxh better on the ball and quicker (or less slow).
  • Options

Though how Grant missed that chance at the back post I’ll never know

His left foot. Standard.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The team looks to him to start moves off - He can do that playing left back I suppose, but he has earned a decent run in the side. I must admit, I like him at left back as I think having as much height in the side as you can helps with set pieces and he is a monster that occupies defences and helps other players get chances from them.

Two cracking through balls today, one of them had me drooling. He has that in his locker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I enjoyed that! Can only hope that @LargeAddick broke his boycott like I did and went and saw a good, old proper Charlton performance.

Most things already said but I will just say one thing. That tippy-tappy football we played for most of the first half drove me mad. It was getting nowhere. When after about 40 minutes someone played the ball long up front, we immediately got a half chance.

Thankfully after half - time the team came out and played with a much greater intensity getting the ball up front much quicker. The difference it made was obvious to all to see.

I still think automatic promotion is on but I just have a funny feeling that we are going to end up playing Sunderland in the play - off final at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

anyone know the attendance

16,317, including 3,125 Mackems.

So 13,192 home fans. I would suggest that there were actually somewhere near that amount of home fans in the ground.

If there were 12,000 home fans there (and I'd say there were more than that).
    It's arguably double many of the actual home fan attendances in the last few seasons.

Also it's about 50% up on the actual bums on seats home attendances this season, where there's possibly been about 8,000.

A far cry from a couple of predictions saying we'd have an extra 200 today, as it was an extra 3000/4000.
  • Options

Nearly ran over @Addick in SW16 on the way home as he checked his phone while crossing the road.

:smile: Didn’t realise it was you until after I stepped out, but knew there was a car approaching. I usually step out there. It is a zebra crossing after all, and most motorists seem to ignore it.

Hope you enjoyed the game.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Fuck me, how young is our fucking side.
    I love this team.

And, I don't blame you at all but you boycotters are missing out best side and comaradery for years of not decades
    Decades? Come on now, let’s not be silly.
    Exaggerated but will explain tkmorrow how I feel pal.
  • Options
    got off the train at Blackheath then a 54 to the village for a pint in the Mucky Duck, first time there for about 15 years, but no luck it was full, never happened in the old days, I blame the belgian.

sat in the NW quadrant and saw the best of all the goal chances, nothing to add to what has been said except how the ..... did Pratley miss that header

a fair result as I thought after 15 minutes we would be stuffed 0-4

new owner and we'll be in the queue for our season tickets
  • Options
    Good coverage on quest tonight.
  • Options

So 13,192 home fans. I would suggest that there were actually somewhere near that amount in the ground.

It's arguably double many of the actual home attendances in the last few seasons.

Also it's about 50% up on the actual bums on seats home attendances this season, where there's possibly been about 8,000.

A far cry from a couple of predictions saying we'd have an extra 200 today, as it was an extra 3000/4000.
    Was there really room for another 10,800 fans in the ground ?
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights back. Grant has obviously been fantastic for us but he really should be scoring that. At the time I thought it came to him quick but you can't be missing chances like that.
  • Options

So 13,192 home fans. I would suggest that there were actually somewhere near that amount in the ground.

It's arguably double many of the actual home attendances in the last few seasons.

Was there really room for another 10,800 fans in the ground ?
    I'd say viewing from the North Upper (which isn't the best place to judge).
    6,000 in the North, 5,000 in the West, 2,000 in the East, plus 3,125 Mackems. So yes.
  • Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else think their goal is accidental? It looks like he has gone to side foot it across goal on the volley for Maja but he's connected wrong? Maybe I'm being harsh but it looks quite flukey to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it just me or does anyone else think their goal is accidental? It looks like he has gone to side foot it across goal on the volley for Maja but he's connected wrong? Maybe I'm being harsh but it looks quite flukey to me

Thought possibly the same just re watching.
  • Options
    A measure of how Sarr has grown in everyone's estimation: loads of people here and on Player Marks are attributing to him a saving tackle that was actually made by Bauer. Both had a great game.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

A measure of how Sarr has grown in everyone's estimation: loads of people here and on Player Marks are attributing to him a saving tackle that was actually made by Bauer. Both had a great game.

Which saving tackle was that?
  • Options

Leuth said:

Which saving tackle was that?
    First half, Bielik's bad header. They both dived in to block but it hit Bauer
  • Options

I was right behind it. No fluke - was a lovely finish.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

At the time I couldn't be sure so I played safe on the match thread and name-checked both the BFG and the Enforcer.

:smile:
  • Options

Though how Grant missed that chance at the back post I’ll never know

Seconded. Don’t want to criticise a great team second half but that chance was easier to score than miss I’m sure...