Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why is our result always one of the last...

2»

Comments

• Nearly always the last game to finish in the country. Been like that for 30 years.
  • https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

All kick-offs must adhere to the time advertised by the Home Club. Clubs and Referees must report any delays to The League. It is the responsibility of the Away Club to organise its travel arrangements so as to ensure that it arrives in sufficient time to enable the advertised kick-off time to be adhered to.
  • It's cos we need the extra few minutes to ensure there's enough time to get all of the home fans through the turnstiles
  • Cant remember what game it was the other day Wimbledon or Gillingham, but the second half didn't kick off until 16.12. I was at a game in Scotland on the 29th December. First half kicked off at 15.00, second half at 16.00.
  • It's something that's bugged me for years. 3.00 should be when the match starts, not when the teams begin to gather somewhere near the centre circle whilst the sponsors and mascots get some piccies.
  • Delayed start due to crowd rush.
  • drives me mental and I don't actually know why.

we rarely walk out of the tunnel before about 2.59
  • It's not just home games though.

Plenty of times you're waiting for the FT score when we're playing away from home and we're in the last 3/4 results to be confirmed.

Anticipation at its worst when we're winning by one goal.
  • Addickted said:

It's not just home games though.

Plenty of times you're waiting for the FT score when we're playing away from home and we're in the last 3/4 results to be confirmed.

Anticipation at its worst when we're winning by one goal.

When we're winning by one goal?

That's because the ref is determined to play 10 minutes of Added Time. It's a way to make us suffer for the dogs abuse we've given him. :smile:
  • Cant remember what game it was the other day Wimbledon or Gillingham, but the second half didn't kick off until 16.12. I was at a game in Scotland on the 29th December. First half kicked off at 15.00, second half at 16.00.

Gillingham I think. That was bizarre, the half time seemed to go on for ever
  • Sponsored links:

• When I was mascot (a good few years ago) the teams were instructed to wait in the dressing rooms until the ref rang a bell to signal that the players should assemble in the tunnel to enter the field of play.

So late start in either half if the ref's responsibility surely!
  • Just a case of the Del Amitri... Always the last to know!
  • Not only does our match always finish last if Spurs are winning at home their match is always the first result in . Always considered that to be a bit odd .
  • Rather odd we are always one of the last if not last every week, even when we appear to kick off when everyone else does.
  • Gives the other team the chance for a late equaliser/winner :wink: