Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Maja - Sunderland Striker

2»

Comments

• Options

His agent has eyes of clubs higher than Charlton and Sunderland

Shame because I was impressed with his play and movement today

Especially in the first half I thought he looked good. In the second half he didn’t get much service so we couldn’t see much more from him.

Wish we had a reasonable amount of cash so we could sign players like him and Eaves to push us on in the second half of the season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Especially in the first half I thought he looked good. In the second half he didn’t get much service so we couldn’t see much more from him.

Wish we had a reasonable amount of cash so we could sign players like him and Eaves to push us on in the second half of the season.
    Would need more than a reasonable amount of cash to sign Maja - He'd probably go to a Premier League team for at least £5m, wouldnt ever see him moving to a fellow League One side
  • Options

se9addick said:

Would need more than a reasonable amount of cash to sign Maja - He'd probably go to a Premier League team for at least £5m, wouldnt ever see him moving to a fellow League One side
    You’re probably right, figured that as he only had 6 months left on his deal we could do a Katrien on them.
  • Options
    Was really quiet today and was replaced, albeit near the end
  • Options
    dwb said:

Was still the best player on the pitch.

Really?
  • Options
    dwb said:

Well that’s not true.

Taylor, Morgan and Sunderland’s Gooch all had much better games today than Maja
  • Options
    It's a matter of opinion obviously but I was watching him closely and thought he was a class above.

dwb said:

Well that’s not true.

• Options
    dwb said:

It's a matter of opinion obviously but I was watching him closely and thought he was a class above.

dwb said:

Well that’s not true.

Sunderland fans dont think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dwb said:

dwb said:

Well that’s not true.

Yeah of course it’s a matter of opinion. Admittedly he looked very good 1st half, but 2nd half until subbed I thought he was in our defenders pockets. They did a superb job against the leagues top scorer.
  • Options
    His movement was way above league 1

Same way Taylor’s hold up play is well out of this league
  • Options
    A lot of huffing and puffing but thought he was no better than at least 5/6 forwards I've seen in this league.
  • Options
    Sometimes Gomez didn't have the best game for us, but he was always the best player on the pitch.
  • Options

His movement was way above league 1

Same way Taylor’s hold up play is well out of this league

Sounds like they’d make a great partnership!
  • Options
    Who for us or Sunderland?
  • Options
    According to the rumours on bbc sport, Cardiff have put in a 2 million bid for young Josh, the black cats are after 4 million.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

According to the rumours on bbc sport, Cardiff have put in a 2 million bid for young Josh, the black cats are after 4 million.

Poor bastards are probably going to have to get another Striker regardless now