Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To go or not to go, that is the question

Comments

• Options
    Go, it's gonna be great, lose or win.
  • Options
    GO
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

Stig said:

"I vowed 'not a penny more'".

Remind us again, what was your vow? There's no reasonable alternative, if you want to remain true to your word and to your beliefs you'll stay away. Whether the sale is close or whether the game is a big one are neither here nor there. You said you wouldn't go, so there's only one way you can hold year head up high.

Nonsense, any decent Charlton fan would love to have the support swelled tomorrow.
    We've got 3,000 Mackems to out sing.

Anyone that didn't go for genuine boycott reasons, can hold their head high regardless and if anyone has a dig at them for going tomorrow, so bleeding what ?

There could be a great atmosphere tomorrow and your team could do with your support.
    Guess I'm not a decent Charlton fan then.
    Deary me Stig are you ok mate ?

I said and meant the opposite.

I said "any decent Charlton fan would love to have the support swelled tomorrow".

This meant that any decent Charlton fan would love you and any other boycotter (including my son), to go tomorrow.

You and all the other boycotters are decent Charlton fans, we are as one and if anyone wanted to criticise you for going, then it says more about them than you.

Sorry you misunderstood. If you or any other boycotter wants to go tomorrow, I for one would absolutely love it.
    If you don't want to go then that's all good as well.
    Have a great day tomorrow. I hope it's an entertaining game resulting in a win for The Addicks - the bigger the better. I still cannot go though; when I said I wouldn't go I really meant it, and for that reason I do not share your wish 'to have the support swelled tomorrow'. I look forward to returning when he's gone.
    Good for you. All the best.
  • Options

Thanks for all the comments. I have decided that my boycott remains in force until the sale is completed. There have been enough false dawns already and I can’t rule out that this may be yet another one.

However as soon as a sale is completed I will immediately be buying a season ticket for however long is left of the season.

For those going tomorrow, enjoy. Up The Addicks.

I have a season ticket and will be there.
    Those boycotting carry on to the end, hopefully it's only one more game for you.
    Way I see it give in now and you might aswell of give in a year ago
  • Options
    I'm due to be working tomorrow but was hoping to have to throw a sickie so that I could attend the first post-Roland home game.
    He hasn't sold yet despite all the promising signs, so the boycott continues until such a time that the sale is properly confirmed.
    I wouldn't enjoy the game knowing that his name is still above the door so there's no point in me attending any way.
  • Options
    Imagine how gutted youll be of the new owners are introduced on the pitch before the game... Go
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Stig said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Roland is losing money whether you go or not.

True
    JiMMy 85 said:

You going will not affect his decision to sell.

Evidence?
    JiMMy 85 said:

The team needs the support.

Evidence?
    The only way we could affect his decision to sell is if we turn up in such numbers that he starts to make money. And that is almost mathematically impossible. The club has been haemorrhaging money for some time, if he's going to sell he's going to sell. Not turning up doesn't seem to be speeding that up at all.

As for the last one - if you need me to explain that then you are lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atmosphere will be electric got the makings of a great day
  • Options

PS my wife's "healthy" friend felt ill earlier this week.
    GP sent her to the hospital for tests as had a low B12 reading.
    They have done a test today for bone cancer !
    If you want to go just go and if you don't want to go then don't.
    But I think we should live our lives and not worry about what other fools may say.

I've not read the last hours posts on here, as my wife's friend messaged that she has leukemia.
    So as I say life's not a rehearsal.
    If you want to go, then go and if you don't there's no decision to be made.
  • Options

I'm due to be working tomorrow but was hoping to have to throw a sickie so that I could attend the first post-Roland home game.
    He hasn't sold yet despite all the promising signs, so the boycott continues until such a time that the sale is properly confirmed.
    I wouldn't enjoy the game knowing that his name is still above the door so there's no point in me attending any way.

Same principle applies to me.

Maintaining my boycott has been relatively easy as I now live in Wales. However if he had sold up this week I would have gleefully utilised my senior railcard to get to this game and to share a drink or ten with my mates. However, as the bastard is still in charge, so is my boycott.
  • Options

But I think we should live our lives and not worry about what other fools may say.

I've not read the last hours posts on here, as my wife's friend messaged that she has leukemia.
    Sorry to hear that mate
  • Options

Sorry to hear that mate
    Life is too short -Live Love Laugh and BE HAPPY
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    If you wake up tomorrow feeling fine,
    And you’ve got charlton on your mind,
    And It’s because bowyer’s got us playing the way we should and something tells you you’re into something good

Just go to the game...
  • Options
    This
  • Options
    Go.

Meire, Driesen, random Belgian coaches and continental players are all history (and have been for a while). And now Roly finally looks to be going the same way.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Large, go if you want to, or do something else if you don’t want to go, whatever sits right with you.

I went 3 seasons boycotting, all I realised was that I was hurting myself, by not going.

When the call came for people to put their season tickets by Sam Bartram a few seasons ago, my family laid there’s but I just couldn’t do it.

Last year was a pretty rubbish year for me what with my sister having cancer and passing away, going to charlton has been a much welcomed distraction from all that.

I’ve enjoyed watching Lee Bowyer trying to make a go of things, with one hand tied beyond his back.

Do I hate Roland for what he’s done to,the club,sure, Do I want him to sell up? more than ever.

Life is too short to stay angry , I hate the fact that Roland is getting my hard earned cash and doesn’t give a monkeys about us.

All he cares about is getting the price he wants for selling us.

For me tomorrow is the biggest home,game yet this season, and Lee and the boys need my support, I fully respect people not going, but if you’ve not been this sewson, the football has been a lot better generally to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Clash - Should I stay or should I go......
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Maintaining my boycott has been relatively easy as I now live in Wales. However if he had sold up this week I would have gleefully utilised my senior railcard to get to this game and to share a drink or ten with my mates. However, as the bastard is still in charge, so is my boycott.
    Finished that Charlton history book you got for Christmas yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    1se7 said:

The Clash - Should I stay or should I go......

A little something I wrote about this dilemma around the time mass protests started: https://heathermckinlay.com/should-i-stay-or-should-i-go-charlton-v-middlesbrough-2016/
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    As a boycotter, still go once or twice a year to prevent withdrawal symptoms, so had tickets for Mackems before news broke. Place will be buzzing. GO!!!!

Also a show of support for Mike and Scott if they attend.
  • Options

Thanks for all the comments. I have decided that my boycott remains in force until the sale is completed. There have been enough false dawns already and I can’t rule out that this may be yet another one.

However as soon as a sale is completed I will immediately be buying a season ticket for however long is left of the season.

Seen all the comments, dilemma.....

Take all considerations into account from all view points.

Yep agree, don’t go....

it will be bloody freezing ;-)
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

I am sorely tempted to go but am resisting temptation - even with the offer of a free ticket.

Each to their own, and I don't blame anyone who feels differently, but for me its not a penny more until the sale is 100% confirmed.

Just fucking go, life's too short and Roland is an easy excuse.

But this is bollocks. There is nothing easy for boycotters staying away.
    While I admire your stance, your absence tomorrow will not make a jot of difference in the grand scale of things.
    That's a matter of opinion. What I object to is someone having a bit of a pop at people maintaining their boycott and saying that it's an easy excuse. Excuse for what, FFS? I doubt there are many, if any, who are making excuses not to go. I and many others are boycotting out of principle.
    and therein lies the dilemma, do I just chuck my principles out of the window?

You did last April.......had to drive you all the bloody way to Rochdale.

Can't pick you up from Sevenoaks this time around bro. Is Swanley station ok ?? lol.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Mametz said:

Finished that Charlton history book you got for Christmas yet?
    I’m working my way through it and very interesting it is too: happy memories of beating Palace in the cup in 1969.
  • Options
    Not really sure with the attention seeking thread to be honest but good luck, you’re either Charlton or your not?

Can’t wait for tomorrow with the real fans
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Sorry.....just see your update. Best to stay at home with mil. Or go shopping like you're now used to. Don't forget it's FA Cup 3rd round day so we won't get mentioned even more than usual, so be prepared to listen to reports of how Blyth Spartans did at Pickering Town, or Met Police at Altringham, before 5live end their football coverage to say...."by the way, there was a big game in League one where......." and then mil will shout from the living room & you'll miss the result.

I suppose you could ring your nephew at HT & FT.....your mum does !! ;)
  • Options
    He ain’t gone yet so I won’t be going.
    I still think this deal could go pear shape so I’ll stay in the warm and follow the game via my iPad.