Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sunderland | Sat 05 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Massive responsibility on Bielik to do his best in stopping supply into Maja and the centre halves then to control him.

Josh Maja was born in Lewisham and grew up in London. What the hell is wrong with our scouting system?
    Grew up in West london though and was signed to Fulham
    addick05 said:

Sunderland have lost only two games all season. We have an injury-hit squad. On our day though we are more than a match for any team in the league but I would settle for a point tomorrow. Anything more would be a real bonus.

Sunderland also have a depleted squad. Had both a 17 and 18 year old on their bench at Blackpool in their last game and now Cattermole is suspended (shock) as well.

Also although they don't lose many games, their form has taken a dip. Just 4 wins in their last 10 league and FA cup games. Including failing to beat Walsall 3 times who we just beat, and home draws with Wycombe and Shrewsbury.

I think this is a decent time to play them, before they can get new signings in this month.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Funny you mention Maja... He's just told Sunderland (according to Sky Sports Transfer Centre) that he wont sign a new Contract

Huddersfield / Palace / Cardiff are all interested in signing him

Is why the Aussies should make Joe Aribo and especially Karlan Grant a priority for signing a new deal if it is all complete as could see Grant going in the summer
  • Options
    All down to his agent. This is the Sunderland owner's tweet about it. Great to have an owner who cares and keeps fans informed.

• Options

All down to his agent. This is the Sunderland owner's tweet about it. Great to have an owner who cares and keeps fans informed.

Oh look... Scummy Agent alert again!!

Wonder if Maja and Bauer have the same agent? (Doubtful)
  • Options
    good time to play them, probably the largest crowd at the valley this season so far, always enjoy seeing a big following from an away team - think for sunderland a sellout is quite impressive.

strangely fancy us to win this 2-1
  • Options
    Would be extremely disappointing to revert to Pratley AND keep Dijksteel in the team. We can't afford two players who don't know how to pass a football. Ideally we wouldn't need to play even one
  • Options
    That said, Dijksteel in central midfield in a sort of destroyer role alongside Bielik might work nicely, and free up a front four of the usual suspects + Marshall to run at Sunderland
  • Options
    My gut feelings have been pretty accurate lately and I have a good feeling about this. Would be very surprised to Maja start given this contract stuff.

Be a tough game but I'm thinking 2-0 or 2-1. (KAG & Fosu)
  • Options

Think we should go 442 as Sunderland are very good on the wings. That way we can have Marshall helping out defensively and Fosu in his actual position on the left.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr Stevenson
    Marshall Bielik Pratley Fosu
    Taylor Grant

Doubt Bowyer will go for anything like this though

This team for me! Long as the wingers narrow it up a bit.
  • Options
    Where is Mendonca when you need him? With Sunderland keeping one eye on their important cup match next Tuesday (Checkertrade), and they also have injury problems, although no team seems as hard hit as us, and with our home form, plus I have been told I must have win matchday thread, I go for 1-0, (well, we have to have squeaky bum time every week)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A good solid 3-0
    Automatic promotion this year

Absolutely would love that scenario...but sorry I'm going hard fought 2-1 win then onto the playoffs...;) then it's a case of more praying...:)
  • Options

Massive responsibility on Bielik to do his best in stopping supply into Maja and the centre halves then to control him.

Josh Maja was born in Lewisham and grew up in London. What the hell is wrong with our scouting system?
    Grew up in West london though and was signed to Fulham
    addick05 said:

Sunderland have lost only two games all season. We have an injury-hit squad. On our day though we are more than a match for any team in the league but I would settle for a point tomorrow. Anything more would be a real bonus.

Sunderland also have a depleted squad. Had both a 17 and 18 year old on their bench at Blackpool in their last game and now Cattermole is suspended (shock) as well.

Also although they don't lose many games, their form has taken a dip. Just 4 wins in their last 10 league and FA cup games. Including failing to beat Walsall 3 times who we just beat, and home draws with Wycombe and Shrewsbury.

I think this is a decent time to play them, before they can get new signings in this month.
    Actually just checked and they do have some injuries, so who knows. Have to pressure them early doors and build a lead - what really concerns me is that we seem to run out of stream in the last 20 mins. Can't afford to do that tomorrow.

• Options

good time to play them, probably the largest crowd at the valley this season so far, always enjoy seeing a big following from an away team - think for sunderland a sellout is quite impressive.

strangely fancy us to win this 2-1

Why are you surprised Sunderland have sold all their tickets, they have done at most away games this season. They took 8k to Blackpool last week and had 46k in for the home game against Bradford.
  • Options
    Sunderland fans are having a little meltdown on readytogo.net.
  • Options
    2:1, Taylor, Bielik
  • Options

It's clear the owner and manager need to take a stand and drop Maja from the first team squad for tomorrow's game...
  • Options
    Sunderland were so lucky at Blackpool last week.
    Heart = home win
    Head= away win
    Torso= draw
  • Options

Steve Martin is the referee mate. He referees in the championship.

Cheers, where did you find out?

The Football League website has been shocking this season with putting up information
    Go on a website called rate the ref. You don't need to sign up or anything to see the referee appointments. It is a very good page. Appointments for the weekend are released at 4pm every Monday for the weekend games mate
  • Options
    really looking forward to this one against a top outfit .. chatting to some BCats fans at their place first game of the season, they have not forgotten Wembley and Mendonca, they have a grudging respect for us .. However, I'd love to piss them off again tomorrow as pleasant and faithful as they are .. we came within a couple of minutes of getting a point back in August and I think we'll get at least one tomorrow .. I reckon they are stronger and we are weaker now than then and I'm looking forward to a hard but entertaining, nerve jangling game ..

CAFC 1 v Sunderland 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheers, where did you find out?

The Football League website has been shocking this season with putting up information
    Go on a website called rate the ref. You don't need to sign up or anything to see the referee appointments. It is a very good page. Appointments for the weekend are released at 4pm every Monday for the weekend games mate
    Many thanks for this
  • Options
    Isnt Sunderland one of the othrr clubs that diesnt do IFollow?
  • Options

Yup them and Accrington who we have next at the Valley
  • Options

Yup them and Accrington who we have next at the Valley
    Bugger.
  • Options

Sunderland fans are having a little meltdown on readytogo.net.

Just looked at some of that, thread on Maja started yesterday and is already on it's 89th page!!
  • Options

Hopefully he won't like the berk we had last week who was also a regular Championship ref as well and continuosly pandered to the relegated Championship side from last season.
  • Options

Heart = home win
    Head= away win
    Torso= draw

I agree with torso, only morso.
  • Options
    It's slightly disappointing that the message board is no longer called A Love Supreme. Always thought that was complete class.