Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*Jonny Williams signs- 6 month deal*

12345679»

Comments

• Is this bloke more of a hinderance than help?

He’s very technically gifted but his chance creation numbers relative to that ability is very very poor.

Our last five games have produced one goal scored from open play (plus Karlan’s penalty).
    Tough to argue that he has improved us so far.

He’s very technically gifted but his chance creation numbers relative to that ability is very very poor.

Our last five games have produced one goal scored from open play (plus Karlan’s penalty).
    Not necessarily his fault that we are not scoring though, he replaced Ward not Grant - think you need to blame the owner blocking the free agent signing to replace the two strikers that we lost, not Williams - feel your frustration though pal.
  • I would happily swap Jamie Ward back for Williams any day of the week. Doesn’t get into the box enough to make a difference. 

After Grant left we needed players to step up and replace the goals and assists which we have lost. Too many players are to afraid to take risks.
  • If it's been said before apologies but

Charltonised 
  • He looked fairly cack in that crypto trading ad on YouTube too, to be fair.
  • edited February 2019
    He was getting shots off first half and no doubt had been encouraged to do so all week in training however nothing came off for him and his final ball second period was not good.
  • Goals are really not Jonny's forte`
    Which for an attacking midfielder is not good
  • No end product - can see why he hasn't played at the top level.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Flatters to deceive I think is apt.
    Looks like he's done it pretty much his whole career.
    Apart from the 12 prem games with Palace
    Apart from the 12 prem games with Palace
    I should have said consistently - he isn't impressing me and I can see why Palace let him go. He flatters to deceive.

Hopefully he'll prove us all wrong...
  • Yep. I agree. He looks all flash and impressive but delivers nothing. 
  • Underwhelmed so far.
  • Final poor so poor. Couple of tones he got to the by line and his ball back across goal was awful. Needs to step up soon
  • Final poor so poor. Couple of tones he got to the by line and his ball back across goal was awful. Needs to step up soon
    His balls back across goal today were nothing more than passes to their Goalkeeper - Werent testing in the slightest
    His balls back across goal today were nothing more than passes to their Goalkeeper - Werent testing in the slightest
    Completely agree. That isn’t that he is too fast for the others. Just didn’t make it count

Not necessarily his fault that we are not scoring though, he replaced Ward not Grant - think you need to blame the owner blocking the free agent signing to replace the two strikers that we lost, not Williams - feel your frustration though pal.
    Not been an improvement on Ward either though. He’s a Robinson player. Looks very tidy 40 yards from goal but doesn’t actually make much happen in and around the box. 

In fact, we look like a Robinson side in general at the moment. All the zip has gone out of our passing and too many players are static or turning sideways and backwards overplaying. 

The tempo and directness of our attacks has been the big difference between Bowyer’s and Robinson’s teams. We need to get that tempo back. 
    Fair comment mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Flatters to deceive is the best description and I said the same this afternoon.
    He looks like he can do something and will do something, but so far he hasn't.
    Pretty disappointing, as he's not improving.
  • Had an off day today

I think he brings something different to the table, generally

what we need, though, is goals
  • I think he’s looked good so far. Not delivered anything of substance quite yet but clearly has ability, helps us create the little we do and even today whilst he didn’t find a killer pass or goal he looked more likely than most to do so, and certainly more so than lapslie who replaced him and did absolutely sweet FA

Rest of the season is gonna be tough but think he’s as important as most to give us a crack, and he looks like he wants it. 

Keep getting behind the bloke
  • Scoham said:
    Is this bloke more of a hinderance than help?

Not been an improvement on Ward either though. He’s a Robinson player. Looks very tidy 40 yards from goal but doesn’t actually make much happen in and around the box. 

In fact, we look like a Robinson side in general at the moment. All the zip has gone out of our passing and too many players are static or turning sideways and backwards overplaying. 

The tempo and directness of our attacks has been the big difference between Bowyer’s and Robinson’s teams. We need to get that tempo back. 
    Karlan was a big part of that, pace up front makes a real difference. His pace was a threat both off the ball and with the ball. Ran in behind, won free kicks, won penalties, created chances and scored goals. Yet apparently he was limited and easy to replace.

Creative players can’t pick out killer passes if all or most of the midfield want to be that passer and our strikers both tend to hold up the ball.
    Absolutely, and you certainly won’t have read any comments from me playing down Grant’s importance or suggesting he’d be easily replaced. 
  • Had an off day today

I think he brings something different to the table, generally

what we need, though, is goals
    And unfortunately that is an area where poor old Jonny is not a lot of use.
    Take a look back at his stats at previous club's.
  • Him and aribo are the two sparks in our team, don't think it's fair when those around them aren't up to the job.
  • Makes his punditry debut on BBC One Wales tonight for the Wales v Slovakia highlights programme.

And there's a brief mention of CAFC. Lovely bloke and Olly Groome was great in setting it all up.

On digital channel 952 (I think!), from 10.30pm.