Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Jonny Williams signs- 6 month deal*

Comments

• Options
    Thought he was good today, no offense to Reeves but like a upgraded Reeves, faster, better movement and better eye for a pass, would be interesting to see them both on the pitch together.

He also wins the award for strangest run in the Charlton team
  • Options

Thought he was good today, no offense to Reeves but like a upgraded Reeves, faster, better movement and better eye for a pass, would be interesting to see them both on the pitch together.

Haha, yes! Runs like he is trying to do the floss (fortnite dance) at the same time :joy:
  • Options
    Sage said:

To be fair, from the amount he was on I can see why they called him Joniesta, technically very good and fit that left side of the diamond floating out wide as well very well.

Excited to see what he does when he has gone properly trained with the team and got more minutes into him.

The potential midfield we could have would be class. Then you think about adding Fosu, Clarke, Marshall in too and we have some good options.

Agreed, Bielik, Cullen, Aribo, Williams, Fosu and Clarke give us some exciting options. Would personally get another exciting winger/creative type, someone like Judge and let Marshall go though, really don't he's up to it anymore.
  • Options
    Excellent cameo from Joniesta today. Really positive and confident.
  • Options
    Morgan looked good today but when Jonny came on you could see he was a cut above. Quality player.
  • Options
    Cut above. Looked brilliant when he came on.
  • Options
    Thought he looked very promising for what is to come. Plays with pace with the ball at his feet that you don't see at this level.
  • Options
    We'll just pull a little veil over his very first touch ;-)

Trying too hard but some promising signs.
  • Options
    Outstanding. Quality. Welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

We’re not calling him Joniesta are we? That’s a Palace nickname for him. Massively cringe

• Options
    Sage said:

Haha, yes! Runs like he is trying to do the floss (fortnite dance) at the same time :joy:
    Runs like he has no bones in his arms
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

We’re not calling him Joniesta are we? That’s a Palace nickname for him. Massively cringe

I am

Deal with it

No different to Lyle Taylor Baby which Wimbledon coined
  • Options

Sage said:

Runs like he has no bones in his arms
    Might explain why he’s so often injured.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I'm calling him Richard
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Valley11 said:

I am

Deal with it

No different to Lyle Taylor Baby which Wimbledon coined
    Haha oh lord, how will I ‘deal with it’?

And yes, rehashing Lyle Taylor Baby is also cringeworthy. That’s why I just call him Lyle....or Taylor.
  • Options
    If he can stay fit we have a player, if another sick note not so good.
  • Options
    Thought he showed glimpses instantly so quick with the ball at his feet, for the time being at least he will be an excellent impact sub in tight games.

Just think that his choice of clobber has been too Palacised.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

Williesta?

Haha bingo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Sage said:

To be fair, from the amount he was on I can see why they called him Joniesta, technically very good and fit that left side of the diamond floating out wide as well very well.

Excited to see what he does when he has gone properly trained with the team and got more minutes into him.

The potential midfield we could have would be class. Then you think about adding Fosu, Clarke, Marshall in too and we have some good options.

Agreed, Bielik, Cullen, Aribo, Williams, Fosu and Clarke give us some exciting options. Would personally get another exciting winger/creative type, someone like Judge and let Marshall go though, really don't he's up to it anymore.
    Don’t forget Morgan, JFC and Lapslie too. Our midfield, if fit, is superb for this level.

Bielik,
    Cullen,
    Aribo,
    Williams,
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Morgan
    Lapslie
    JFC
    Marshall

10 players of Calibre.
  • Options

Sage said:

Don’t forget Morgan, JFC and Lapslie too. Our midfield, if fit, is superb for this level.

Bielik,
    Cullen,
    Aribo,
    Williams,
    Fosu
    Clarke
    Morgan
    Lapslie
    JFC
    Marshall

10 players of Calibre.
    You can't count JFC, he's out all season. Don't rate Marshall or Pratley particularly. Morgan isn't quite ready but doesn't hurt to have the odd game. Haven't seen enough of Lapslie to be honest. But yes midfield is our strong point, but we do need some option elsewhere.
  • Options
    ^

Had forgotten Pratley and Reeves. Makes 12 midfielders and only Pratley (whom I expect to retire) whom I could not see playing L1 or better next season. Real strength (if fit).
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

So what V number was Williams

You'll have to wait until Henry gets home. :smile:

He is slacking
    It's not hard to work it out yourself
  • Options

^

Had forgotten Pratley and Reeves. Makes 12 midfielders and only Pratley (whom I expect to retire) whom I could not see playing L1 or better next season. Real strength (if fit).

That's why I was surprised we signed Williams when CM is not an issue in the slightest, although we do have a lot of injuries there at present.

I would prefer to replace Marshall with another winger who can make things happen. I know Bowyer likes the diamond but as we found out under Robinson you need to be flexible too. Marshall is ok but not League 1 promotion winning IMO. We are not getting the best out of Fosu in this formation either.
  • Options

^

That's why I was surprised we signed Williams when CM is not an issue in the slightest, although we do have a lot of injuries there at present.

I would prefer to replace Marshall with another winger who can make things happen. I know Bowyer likes the diamond but as we found out under Robinson you need to be flexible too. Marshall is ok but not League 1 promotion winning IMO. We are not getting the best out of Fosu in this formation either.
    When Reeves, Cullen, Lapslie, Aribo and Clarke are all fit and available, we'll have a real glut in that position. Indeed it's hard to see Clarke getting much game time, seeing that he's not been used off the bench even with the massive injury list
  • Options

^

When Reeves, Cullen, Lapslie, Aribo and Clarke are all fit and available, we'll have a real glut in that position. Indeed it's hard to see Clarke getting much game time, seeing that he's not been used off the bench even with the massive injury list
    Agreed, I think the only thing that might help him is that he is the best on paper at the top of the diamond. Aribo, Williams and Reeves could possibly play there, but with Bielik, Cullen and Aribo say behind him, Clarke could play that role the best IMO.
  • Options
    Hats off to the welsh fan in the covered end who shouted out, "Williamsy...Wales, Wales, Wales!" Probably the best way to make our new star feel at home.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

How about

^

Williams replaces Ward (and gives us another option at CM) and it was an opportunity too good to turn down. Signed permanently so doesn’t take a loan slot, and if fit should be playing Championship football.