Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Jonny Williams signs- 6 month deal*

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

A good signing but despite the current signings, I really don't think CM was an issue. We are severely lacking at the back, need to replace Steer and have no decent cover for Grant/Taylor.

A big fan of Bowyer but he bloody loves a CM!

We play four CMs at a time in a diamond, we've lost Ward (who played at the tip of the diamond) while Cullen, Reeves, Lapslie and Aribo are out injured.

How is CM not an issue? I agree we still need a GK, LB and striker.
    Then IMO we should have signed another attacking midfielder. Soon we might have Bielik, Pratley, Aribo, Williams, Cullen, Reeves, Dijksteel and Clarke all capable of playing CM, plus Fosu who is playing attacking midfield.

Personally would rather have used Dijksteel as a midfielder and signed a RB or an attacking midfielder/winger.

To be honest it was a tricky one as we need a CM now but in general on paper we are fine.
    Clarke and Williams are attacking midfielders.

On paper our best midfield could be Bielik at DM, Cullen and Aribo as the CMs and Williams the AM.
    I've gone on FIFA to make our now best possible XI from what we could have this season. I would have Cullen as the DM over Bielik, I see Cullen as more of a grafter whereas Bielik is incredible at getting the ball forward at times. As a result he can be more clumsy whereas Cullen keeps the ball better.

Either way if we go into the play offs and that's our team that I've posted I will be very confident compared to last season
  • Options
    We have to see how the squad is during the play offs. If we are a good place in regards injuries, we have a decent chance. Last season, Fosu was a key player and got injured and then was brought back too quickly. At the time I think it tipped things the wrong way. As would say losing Taylor do the same this season. Maybe everything will align and we will have Fosu playing at his best and most of our key players available this time.
  • Options
    Top half championship side that. Maybe new keeper
  • Options

Top half championship side that. Maybe new keeper

Really? Villa had £80 million worth of players on their bench a few weeks ago, hardly running away with it are they? The championship has improved massively even in the 3 years we have been away.

I would back the team Luzon had at the end of his season to beat the one you posted tbh, what did they finish, about 12th off the top of my head.
  • Options
    You only have to look at Wigan. They were a different class to other teams in the League and much better than Pompey are now. They are not doing so well in the Championship. But if you can improve, and that includes players with potential you already have, you can do a Sheff Utd or Huddersfield!
  • Options
    He leaves palace after 17 years. That must have been tough

I’m excited by this chap as he might just have the X factor about him
  • Options

I dont get it, is he claiming to look like Williams cos if so he needs his eyes testing, i look more like Williams than Jamie Lang and i am fat with black hair
  • Options

If he's travelling from the Palarse area tomorrow do you reckon he would pop by streatham on the way and give me a lift?

+1, streatham hill to be exact
    I'm Streatham Hill too! Coincidence.

Still haven't worked out the least worst way to get to Charlton yet. London bridge and out it a bit of an arse.
  • Options

I dont get it, is he claiming to look like Williams cos if so he needs his eyes testing, i look more like Williams than Jamie Lang and i am fat with black hair
    No highlights now?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Chrissy Powell played for Palace, Alan Pardew played for them, before we loved him (I know that love affair ended), David Whyte was ex-palace and there are a few more. When they put on a Charlton shirt, they are Charlton.

Not to mention Bright and Salako.

Salako even scored for us against his beloved Nigels.
    And Wiggins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he's travelling from the Palarse area tomorrow do you reckon he would pop by streatham on the way and give me a lift?

+1, streatham hill to be exact
    I'm Streatham Hill too! Coincidence.

Still haven't worked out the least worst way to get to Charlton yet. London bridge and out it a bit of an arse.
    11:35 - Arrive at: 12:38 Total time: 1hr 3mins Cost of fare:£4.30 off peak
    Detailed steps for option 2
    Step 1
    DepartStreatham Hill Station - Boarding at Stop C at 11:35via 255 bus or 50 bus to Streatham Station
    255 bus or 50 bus to Streatham Station Journey time: 9 min View stops
    Step 2
    DepartStreatham Rail Station at 11:59via Southern to Peckham Rye
    Southern to Peckham Rye Journey time: 12 min View stops
    Step 3
    DepartPeckham Rye Rail Station at 12:18via Southeastern to Lewisham
    Southeastern to Lewisham Journey time: 8 min View stops
    Step 4
    DepartLewisham Rail Station at 12:31via Southeastern to Charlton
    Southeastern to Charlton Journey time: 7 min View stops

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?JpType=publictransport&InputFrom=Streatham+Hill+Rail+Station&From=Streatham+Hill+Rail+Station&FromId=1001281&InputTo=Charlton+Rail+Station&To=Charlton+Rail+Station&ToId=1001058&Date=20190106&Time=1130&Mode=bus&Mode=tube&Mode=national-rail&Mode=dlr&Mode=overground&Mode=tflrail&Mode=river-bus&Mode=tram&Mode=cable-car&Mode=coach&CyclePreference=AllTheWay&WalkingSpeedWalking=average&JourneyPreference=leasttime&AccessibilityPreference=norequirements&MaxWalkingMinutes=40&WalkingSpeedTransport=average&InputVia=&Via=&ViaId=
  • Options
    I'll be good to have Cullen back. If nothing else it'll give us some more CB cover, as at the moment with Pearce out we are down to 2 regular CBs plus 2 fill in options (Dijksteel and Pratley)
  • Options

Suppose he looks a bit like him
  • Options

Reeves and Williams share the same haircut.

And the same father...
  • Options
    Apologies in advance if already discussed and stated, but has Williams played much football at all? As in under 23s/reserves etc??
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Apologies in advance if already discussed and stated, but has Williams played much football at all? As in under 23s/reserves etc??

Apparently he's been playing u23 games all season and Bowyer went to watch him in our away fixture against them, as well as training with their 1st team squad.
  • Options
    Is he still referred to as the Welsh Iniesta?
  • Options

Is he still referred to as the Welsh Iniesta?

I spoke to a couple guys of Palace fans the day he signed, they were raving about him , said he if he could stay fit he’d be playing premier league football, called him Jonnyesta.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace fans certainly loved him.
  • Options
    If he provides the ammo for Taylor and Grant I’ll forgive him having played for anyone.
  • Options
    So what V number was Williams
  • Options
    Came across well in the Sunderland til I die docu . Welcome Johnny
  • Options

You'll have to wait until Henry gets home. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

You'll have to wait until Henry gets home. :smile:

He is slacking