Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tennis 2019

Comments

• Jubb fails the Charlton height test. Move on.
  • Really good Queens final. After 3 long sets and with the doubles to come, Lopez will sleep well tonight!
  • Don’t know what kind of grass they are using at Queens this year but that did not seem like a grass court match to me. 
  • Really good Queens final. After 3 long sets and with the doubles to come, Lopez will sleep well tonight!
    Same as yesterday he had 3 sets against Auger-Aliassime, then 10 minutes later finished his doubles match with Murray, then after that stayed on court to play his doubles semi final
  • Don’t know what kind of grass they are using at Queens this year but that did not seem like a grass court match to me. 
    It was referred yesterday as Green Clay haha, its Simon tho he loves long rallys, he had so many yesterday that had over 40 shots in them
  • Very good from Lopez, he was tournament director in Spain a few weeks ago and considering retiring and now he has won Queens and in the doubles final
  • Who is Paul Jubb?

He is having the 2 days of his life.

He is 19 and ranked 579th.

1st round of Eastbourne qualifying he beat Denis Istomin who is ranked 105th

2nd round of Eastbourne Qualifying he is beating Andrey Rublev who is ranked 81st, he is 2 breaks up in the final set
    Jubb won and will face Taylor Fritz(ranked 42nd) in the 1st round tomorrow
  • Hopefully got a great future. Sad story as both his parents died early and been brought up by his gran on a Hull council estate. 
  • Lopez has played the last 5 matches on Centre court at Queens this year, that is incredible
  • Lopez wins the Singles and Doubles at queens, 1st time that has happened since Mark Philippoussis in 1997
  • Sponsored links:

• A great couple of days for Lopez, and amazing to see Murray back on court fit and healthy

Felt a bit sorry for Salisbury, without Murray he would have been the big news and crowd favourite. Of the 4 players, he's the one who would have needed the prize money most too!
  • Andy Murray will be facing his Brother; Jamie in the Mens Doubles if both reach the 3rd Round of Wimbledon

Have they ever played against each other?
  • Wimbledon .. Naomi Osaka, the 'Tiger Woods' of women's tennis .. 10/1 to win the thing .. get on now
  • Wimbledon .. Naomi Osaka, the 'Tiger Woods' of women's tennis .. 10/1 to win the thing .. get on now
    Honestly think there is a good reason she is that price, not on great form atm(since she won the Australian she has entered 8 events and only got to the quarters in 1 of those and lost that) got a tough 1st round match against Putintseva who she has lost to twice including the 2nd round at Birmingham last week, also she has never got past 3rd round at Wimbledon and has never won a grass title, she also admitted recently she doesnt like grass and its her hardest surface.

Ash Barty however is on a 12 match winning run, winning the French Open and Birmingham last week, she has just become world number 1 and is looking in good form.
  • His singles career is effectively over. He has the potential to be a great doubles player. 
    Probably, but if anyone is going to gve it a 100% go, it is Andy Murray. I agree about the doubes option and he really seemed to enjoy it
    16-1 with Bet365.

I reckon the winner will be Barty, Kerber or Serena Williams though.
    16-1 with Bet365.

I reckon the winner will be Barty, Kerber or Serena Williams though.
    Paulie seems to know his tennis stuff .. he's put me right off ((:>)
  • Pliskova for me.
  • Great documentary on BBC last night on Mcenroe. My all time favourite player and such a nice guy nowadays. Well worth checking out. 
    She better pull her finger out soon against the pocket rocket Putintseva as she is a set and 4-2 down on centre court now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Naomi Osaka beaten by Putintseva 7-6 6-2.
  • Truly awful performance by Osaka. Her opponent literally repeatedly played it to her backhand and waited for the inevitable errors. 
  • Naomi Osaka beaten by Putintseva 7-6 6-2.
    John McEnroe just said Naomi changed her coach after winning two slams ! John found that very strange.
  • Well done @paulie8290 #knowshisonions
  • Trying to watch Gauff v Venus, the 15 year old against the 39 year old. Plus Edmunds against Munar, as well as cook the meal.
    This multi tasking Is  difficult for men.
  • Young Cori Gauff has just taken the first set 6-4. 
    Cori is a clone of Venus despite being 24 years younger. 
  • The girl has a future champion look about her. I think she may dominate for the next 15 years. 
  • Alexander Zverev and Stefanos Tsitsipas both out already, so much for the young guard!
  • Alexander Zverev and Stefanos Tsitsipas both out already, so much for the young guard!
    Crazy, supposed to be the next two cabs off the rank (maybe 3 with Thiem) and out already.