Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 1 January 2019

2»

Comments

• No chance of Bauer signing for a L1 side. And his wages are unaffordable in L1 anyway
  • What a mess! so many people running out of contract, our squad is thin/ injured/ shit at present and we have that to look forward to! Happy New Year Roland! Now FO
  • I thought lawyers were trianed to avoid contracts all coming up for renewal at the same time - obviously not in Belgium.
  • No chance of Bauer signing for a L1 side. And his wages are unaffordable in L1 anyway

Don’t understand why this should be the case. Would have thought we could have signed Bauer up on a reduced weekly wage with a significant promotion bonus and a commitment to rise the wages in the Championship to previous or marginally improved levels.

If we didn’t look like competing for promotion I can see why Bauer would leave but not really otherwise.
  • edited January 2019

No chance of Bauer signing for a L1 side. And his wages are unaffordable in L1 anyway

Bauer’s tweet 6/8/2018 “Nevertheless I have not been offered a new contract, and would not extend my current contract which terminates in 2019 with Charlton Athletic FC.”

He subsequently tweeted “I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion regards my future at Charlton Athletic Football Club. As long as I am wearing the Charlton shirt I will give my everything for you Addicks & the Football Club to be as successful as possible.”

So not sure he’ll be around past June anyway...
  • Works every time.

Post this list and we sign or sell someone.

@stig @AFKABartram add Williams please

Don’t understand why this should be the case. Would have thought we could have signed Bauer up on a reduced weekly wage with a significant promotion bonus and a commitment to rise the wages in the Championship to previous or marginally improved levels.

If we didn’t look like competing for promotion I can see why Bauer would leave but not really otherwise.
    Why would Bauer accept such a deal, reducing his current salary levels? It's not as if he's an old stager, desperate for another contract
  • Works every time.

Post this list and we sign or sell someone.

@stig @AFKABartram add Williams please

Put this thread up again on Monday Henry
  • edited January 2019
    shirty5 said:
    Most of them are injured, aren't they? :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Tariqe Fosu (pictured right), Joe Aribo, Karlan Grant, Dillon Phillips, George Lapslie and Reeco Hackett-Fairchild are all out of contract at the end of June. Left-back Lewis Page signed a new 18-month deal before the end of 2018.

And Bowyer says the SE7 outfit have never closed the lines of communication.

“We’re always talking to them,” he said. “Steve Gallen [head of recruitment] is constantly in contact with all of them.

“We’re still negotiating – but it’s tough. They want what they want, we’ve got a budget and have got to try to work to that budget.

“It takes time. I’d love to say it doesn’t but unfortunately that is the case. It is not that simple. You are constantly asking ‘what do you want’ and negotiating.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-bowyer-provides-update-on-contract-negotiations/
  • No mention of Bauer in that list.
  • Be surprised if we offered Reeco a new deal, he has looked nonsense every time I have seen him.
  • Be surprised if we offered Reeco a new deal, he has looked nonsense every time I have seen him.

Can't say he's made a big impression.
  • Someone add Maxwell
  • Is there a spare LB anywhere?
  • 14 January 2019 update

Copyright Charlton Life

Thanks to @Scoham for checking details. All errors down to Roland and Karl Robinson

All contracts end of June of the year stated unless otherwise indicated.

Positions are subjective and based on most likely or most commonly played position.

U23s playing or on the bench for the first team have been included in the latter.

* indicates currently injured players

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019
    Chris Maxwell - On Loan from Preston NE for rest of season

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce* 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Krystian Bielik - On season long loan from Arsenal

Left Backs

Lewis Page* 2020
    Toby Stevenson Contract length not known
    Ben Purrington - Signed on loan from Rotherham Utd for rest of season

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo* 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey* 2019
    Darren Pratley 2020
    George Lapslie 2019
    Albie Morgan Contract length not known
    Josh Cullen* - On season long loan from West Ham Utd
    Jonny Williams 2019

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Mark Marshall 2019
    Tariqe Fosu 2019
    Ben Reeves 2019
    Billy Clarke 2019

Strikers

Lyle Taylor 2020
    Reeco Hackett-Fairchild 2019
    Igor Vetokele* 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019 - On loan to Mansfield Town for rest of season
    Karlan Grant 2019

U23 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2019 plus 1 year option
    Joseph Osaghae U18 Contract length not known

Right Backs

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2019
    Kenneth Yao 2019
    Jo Cummings 2019
    Dan Birch Contract length not known

Left Backs

Jordan Zemura Contract length not known
    Jamie Mascoll 2019

Central Midfielders

Taylor Maloney 2020
    Ben Dempsey Contract length not known
    Alfie Doughty Contract length not known
    Luke Carey Contract length not known
    Armando Quitirna Junior Contract length not known
    Brendan Sarpong-Wredu Contract lenght not known
    Wassim Aouacheria - Signed from Olympique Marseille Contract Length not known

Strikers

Mikhail Kennedy expired end of December 2018 Current states not known - on loan to Chelmsford City
    Josh Umerah 2019 - On season long loan to Boreham Wood
    Terrique Anderson Contract length not known
    Wilberforce Ocran Contract length not known
  • Nice try Henry, you are hoping by putting this up now, we will have a new signing this week :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

Nice try Henry, you are hoping by putting this up now, we will have a new signing this week :smiley:

Always works
  • Hopefully bumping this thread will force a signing through.

If not worth posting an updated squad list to see if that gets the over the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• posted in the transfer thread but properly better here.

So at present next year we would have in the building if no one else renewed the below.

Solly
    Page
    Dijksteel
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Morgan?
    Taylor
    Pratley