Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2019 Completed deals

Comments

• teams strengthening...........and we are no-where to be seen.

We're 5th

Its Day 1 in the big brother house, give it a chance @golfaddick :wink:

although i might repeat this statement on the final day of the window.
  • Jayden Stockley has signed for Preston, fee believed to be 750k.

bargain .. let's see if a consistent L2 striker can do it in a much higher division

A few L1 moves .. my comments in black type ((:>)

2&3 January
    English Football League
    Dylan Connolly [Dundalk - AFC Wimbledon] Undisclosed
    Rory Holden [Bristol City - Rochdale] Loan
    Daniel Lafferty [Sheffield United - Peterborough] Loan .. to shore up a weakening defence
    Tony McMahon [Oxford United - Scunthorpe] Loan .. shores up a dodgy back 4
    Jayden Stockley [Exeter - Preston] £750,000
    IAndy Cannon [Rochdale - Portsmouth] Undisclosed
    Omar Mussa [KV Mechelen - Walsall] Undisclosed
    Max Power [Wigan - Sunderland] Undisclosed loan made permanent, sent off 3 times this season alone, one overturned on appeal
    Mark Sykes [Glenavon - Oxford United] Undisclosed
    Kevin van Veen [Northampton - Scunthorpe] Undisclosed .. returns to former club

Can't be that decent if third bottom Oxford don't want to keep him.

bargain .. let's see if a consistent L2 striker can do it in a much higher division

2&3 January
    English Football League
    Daniel Lafferty [Sheffield United - Peterborough] Loan .. to shore up a weakening defence
    Max Power [Wigan - Sunderland] Undisclosed loan made permanent, sent off 3 times this season alone, one overturned on appeal

Jayden Stockley has signed for Preston, fee believed to be 750k.

2&3 January
    English Football League

or perhaps Robinson couldn't recognise a good player even if he were watching Messi and Ronaldo .. but I take your point

2&3 January
    English Football League

Jayden Stockley has signed for Preston, fee believed to be 750k.

2&3 January
    English Football League

or perhaps Robinson couldn't recognise a good player even if he were watching Messi and Ronaldo .. but I take your point
    Well he claimed last January that Karlan Grant wasnt a Striker...

Classic Golfie.

"oh, the windows been open for three days, we have shit owner who might be selling but let's whinge anyway cos I can't wait"
    Stick the Star Wars soundtrack on, sit back and relax.
  • Brad Potts joins Preston from Barnsley, good news for us.

Great news that, caused us problems on Saturday. They’ve still got a good squad but good news nonetheless.
  • So far Preston have signed Brad Potts, Jayden Stockley and are being linked with CJ Hamilton. If they can add him as well that's some fantastic business by them. Kind of signings I would love to see us make if we do get taken over
  • Sponsored links:

And replaced him with Cauley Woodrow from Fulham.

He was already there on loan

He was already there on loan
    Was he? Bloody hell,didnt know that. Remember him looking quite useful at one point.

Preston spending a good few quid .. Trevor Hemmings the millionaire brickie from Woolwich .. why oh why was he evacuated up north ((:<)

Preston spending a good few quid .. Trevor Hemmings the millionaire brickie from Woolwich .. why oh why was he evacuated up north ((:
    A tax exile who lives on the Isle of Man and loves nothing more than winning the Grand National with one of his numerous horses.
  • Very unfortunate hairline for a guy who was only 25 a couple of months ago.
  • Very unfortunate hairline for a guy who was only 25 a couple of months ago.

"No way is he 25... Looks more like 40" were the words just uttered by my wife when she saw his photo
  • Bournemouth look set to sign Nathaniel Clyne on loan from Liverpool

Chelsea have said that they want to keep Hudson-Odoi so be interesting to see what he does now as clearly isnt going to get game time at Stamford Bridge

Apparently Tammy Abrahams' move to Wolves could be in doubt as he's played for Chelsea U23s this season; I guess its the Football League Trophy thats made a mess of that
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby Midfielder: George Thorne looks set to join Luton on loan

Be a great move if that happens and if they can keep him fit - Very good midfielder he is
  • Dominic Solanke from Liverpool, to Bournemouth .. 19 Mllion is a lot of dough but could turn out to be a bargain IF he develops as much as he promises to do (One England cap already) .. BUT, Palace turned him down because of previous injury and fitness concerns
  • Dominic Solanke from Liverpool, to Bournemouth .. 19 Mllion is a lot of dough but could turn out to be a bargain IF he develops as much as he promises to do (One England cap already) .. BUT, Palace turned him down because of previous injury and fitness concerns

Definitely seems a bit pricey, dont really rate him personally but he hasn't really been given much of a chance. English youngster so hope he proves me wrong
  • Dunno... Jordan Ibe moved to Bournemouth from Liverpool for £18m a few years ago so not a bad deal

Working under Eddie Howe could be the right place for him to be though
  • A lot of money for Solanke, especially as the striking position isn't one where they obviously needed a big money signing. Unless Wilson leaves...
  • Seems like a large fee but I wouldn't be surprised if in two years time people are talking about what a bargain it was. He's only 21, Kane was a similar age when he first broke into the Spurs team under Sherwood and I doubt many people were expecting him to be the striker he is today.
  • A lot of money for Solanke, especially as the striking position isn't one where they obviously needed a big money signing. Unless Wilson leaves...

Guessing he's a Defoe replacement and will complete with the front 3.

I'm not sure he's shown enough to be worth £19m though. Liverpool have done well getting £55m odd for average squad players like Sokanke, Ings and Ibe and spending it on quality in weak areas IMHO.
  • Seems like a large fee but I wouldn't be surprised if in two years time people are talking about what a bargain it was. He's only 21, Kane was a similar age when he first broke into the Spurs team under Sherwood and I doubt many people were expecting him to be the striker he is today.

Different attributes, Solanke is a target man solely. Not bad on the deck but i wouldn't really compare to Kane as his potential is not quite as high, also Kane is natural goalscorer Solanke hasn't shown this yet. 1 goal from 25 for Liverpool (i know most will be sub appearances) 7/25 in Vitesse , be surprised if suddenly he started banging them in.

From what i read Palace pulled out as they want a striker who can play immediately but Bournemouth have Wilson and King so they can afford to give Solanke time to get match fit.

Having said that 19m is a joke price for a player who's started less than 10 premier league games.