Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Years Eve

Comments

• Giving my daughter a lift to her friend’s for 8, then home for dinner and some champers and beers. Last year, had to pick my other daughter up at 2am so was a dry one.

Then, we’re doing dry January this year.

Happy NY to all the addickted!!
  • Both us and the sister in law have one, we absolutely love it in our garden!, one of the best things we ever bought

Do you have pampas grass in the front garden ?
  • Happy new year all
  • bbob said:

Both us and the sister in law have one, we absolutely love it in our garden!, one of the best things we ever bought

Do you have pampas grass in the front garden ?
    Better than a torn mattress.
  • Cooking curries at home and drinking copious amounts of wine..... hoping to make midnight with the family. Happy New Year to all Lifers, my early morning sanity savers one and all!
  • Can't beat a bit of bully.
    Prizes on offer, and knockout round.
    Son was pretty pissed off when he got knocked out the first round due to my wife throwing a stray treble 19.
    Give him an hour to get over it, then gave another go.
  • edited December 2018
    Oh, and my wife insisted on shopping being one of the subjects.
  • edited December 2018
    Sat by a very noisy pool in Orlando that is giving me the hump and a headache. Off to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal for family- friendly rave later. Hope to be in bed 12.05.

Never been bothered by NYE. Used to annoy me immensely in my youth as real amateur night and everything such a rip off.
  • Didn't get back from Barnsley till 2pm today, so will be staying in with the missus
  • clb74 said:

Didn't get back from Barnsley till 2pm today, so will be staying in with the missus

Car break down did it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to the Bricklayers on Masons Hill.
  • Couldn't give less of a shit, it used to earn me a lot of money now it doesn't it's another night and for those twice a year local drinkers it must be great. We normally play badly and get beat this time of year as well. One year did provide three of the most hungover people I've ever seen at football in @Stu_of_Kunming @carlsberg and me when Lisbie scored 2 for Colchester and we watched a bloke start a fight with a steward then shit it when the pretty handy looking steward tore his hi vis off and accepted the challenge on the way out
  • Millers Arms in Bexley. If I’m not hanging out the back of some middle aged scrubber when the clock strikes twelve then I’ve failed in life.

Millers closed at 8.
    Hope you’re pulling game was strong..
  • edited December 2018
    Over in Ireland with the Mrs family meal at a local restaurant then home for a few whiskies to see in the new year, suits me hate being out New Year’s Eve, only large night of the year I enjoy boozing out and about is Xmas eve.
  • Watching the NY indoors with some wings, gourmet hot sauces, some decent ale and a bottle of fizz soon.
  • Happy New year Henglish lifers !!!
    Love you all xxxxxx
  • Happy new year you lovely people.
  • iamdan said:

Millers Arms in Bexley. If I’m not hanging out the back of some middle aged scrubber when the clock strikes twelve then I’ve failed in life.

Millers closed at 8.
    Hope you’re pulling game was strong..
    Doubt it
  • Happy New year all
  • Off to the Bricklayers on Masons Hill.

How's that going elfs
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy new year everyone, can’t beat a bit of madness.
  • Happy New Year all, and here's (hopefully) to a Roland-free 2019!
  • Just got in so Happy New Year lifers, I hope you all have a great 2019.
  • edited January 2019
    Had a great night in the Pond but the place is a complete wreck! Down early tomorrow to tidy up before we open. Really good party only had a few halves but was buzzin. Best thing of the night was to have The Joe Loss Orchestra doing the Hokey Cokey come on immediately after Auld Lang Syne on the playlist for the evening.
    Happy New Year all!
  • clb74 said:

Happy New year all

Get on the I Love Charlton thread mate.
  • Happy New Year to all in the wonderful CL community!
  • BBQ, beers, sparkling and cold rosé with a couple of friends with kids same age as ours.
    Makes it easier, as less fuss (kids saying they're bored etc). Besides, new years eve might be the worst night of the year to go out.
    NYE followed up by a round of golf at 11am on New Years Day.
    Now time for another BBQ and more cold beers.
  • edited January 2019
    Happy new year from Florida!

Hope 2019 is a fantastic one for everyone from the whole CL family! Great forum.

Roland can fuck off though. Hope he sells us for £1and then goes bankrupt...
  • Overheard conversation yesterday:

Him: let’s go to the pub tonight
    Her: you know I hate it there
    Him: you enjoyed it there 3 years ago
    Her: no, I didn’t. It’s just your mates there. I don’t want to see a load of your drunken mates. You go and I’ll stay in
    Him: no, I’ll stay in
    Her: I’d rather you went cos you’ll be miserable
    Him: no, I’ll stay in
    Her: I’d rather you went
    Him: ok, but I’ll get back for 11
    Her: I’ll have gone to bed
    Him: well, I might as well stay out then

I wonder what happened.
  • We had a great meal at Tupi at the Elephant, then drinks with a friend and walked to the top of Sydenham Hill to watch the fireworks at the Eye. The first year we watched from there, there was about six of us. Now it's quite a big deal, probably a couple of hundred turn up.

All the best for 2019 to all you Addicks, whether you're a boycotter, a boycotter of the boycott, or even a Roland apologiser.