Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 29 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    I've got a warm feeling about this one.
  • Options

I've got a warm feeling about this one.

Try tena for men.
  • Options
    If there’s any charlton side under Roland that could pull a result out of nowhere when all seems against us, it’s this one. 0-1, Bauer.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Aribo is a massive miss for us. He adds real quality to our midfield that other teams in this league don't have. We need Fosu to step up and our good players to find their best games to compensate. If we win this, it will be a smash and grab. We are capable of them though.

The thing that struck me about Coventry's winner was that there were multiple opportunities to do a little better, with a clearance or a challenge. Nothing you would call a glaring error, but not 100% commitment play, more like 95%. That's what I found most frustrating.
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

December rarely sees us racking us the points so back to back defeats would be in keeping with tradition

You do know we had a run of 6 wins in 7 matches before the Coventry match?

It won't be easy today, but finding the depression on here frankly bizarre. Barnsley won't be thinking it's an easy win for them, they'll know they face one of their toughest opponents this season
    indeed. so..
    0-1 today
    0-1 on Tuesday in true Charlton style.
    3-0 Next Saturday silences the mackem hordes.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Bright dry morning up here high winds though definitely not ideal for a route one kind of approach. Just as well we don't play that way.
  • Options
    Really windy on the M1, will affect the game
  • Options
    I'm in Barnsley now ..the winds were strong earlier today, the BBC forecast is for the wind to gradually die down .. will still be breezy at kick off time but hopefully it'll not affect the game too much
  • Options

I'm in Barnsley now ..the winds were strong earlier today, the BBC forecast is for the wind to gradually die down .. will still be breezy at kick off time but hopefully it'll not affect the game too much

Strong wind in Bromley this morning as well.
  • Options
    Can see us scoring if grant and Taylor start, but not a clean sheet. Going with 1-1, and I'd be pretty happy with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need a smash and grab today. Soak it up ,keep it tight, defend for our lives and hit em on the break or from a set piece COYRs.
  • Options
    The bookies have been waiting patiently for my choice. Charlton are currently
    4-1. We will win with a bit in hand.
  • Options
    Doesn't look like a diamond today with that selection. 442?
  • Options
    Its grim up north 2-0 to Yorkshire today.
  • Options
    Marshall and Reeves need to be at their best today.
    If they are I'm confident we can win this.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sage said:

Not going to do my usual type of post for this thread, I don’t have much time on my hands and we all know it’s going to be very, very tough away at Barnsley, especially with the amount of injuries we have.

They play a 4-2-3-1 with a striker up front in Moore who scores goals. We must adapt for this game to give ourselves a chance.

I’d hope to see something like the team I am going to now name, but I know we won’t. I think Dijksteel could really give us a bit of dynamic style in the midfield. Be surprised to see Ward back in the squad but we can hope. If he is, it’s for Morgan.

Steer
    Bielik Bauer Pearce
    Marshall Dijksteel Pratley Solly
    Reeves
    Taylor Grant

Phillips, Stevenson, Sarpong-Wiredu, Morgan, Fosu, Ajose, Hackett-Fairchild

Barnsley 1-1 Charlton Athletic
    Am I secretly Bowyer? :wink:

No Moore for Barnsley today, just like at The Valley. Big loss for them and could really help us.