Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 29 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

we may have the odd injury, but the only thing getting hurt is Barnsley's pride.
    3-0 epic win, 2019 is the year of the addick

A minor flaw in your optimism, smudge.

It'll still be 2018 when we play them....
  • Options
    Didn't see the need to start a new thread.

Luton obviously been on a ridiculously good run. They have some tough games coming up:
    Walsall A
    Barnsley H
    Sheffield weds (FA Cup)
    Portsmouth H (postponed so will be a midweek at some point)
    Sunderland A
    Peterborough H

After that though, they've got no games against teams currently in the top 6 except against us. Interesting to see if they carry on their current good run throughout these.

Saying that, I've not looked at any of the others' upcoming games.
  • Options
    Need a point as a minimum, will be a tough game 1-1 for me.
  • Options
    Barnsley not lost at home since March. We have no oomph in midfield & are as lightweight as Larry Grayson. Can't see anything than a defeat......

2-0 home win.
  • Options
    I thought we would win at Coventry and lose at Barnsley !
    The injury curse is so consistent that I can't work out how our players get home after matches, Who drives their cars when they have feet in plaster or concussion ?

Unless the Shitweasel Douchebag has a
    Ebenezer Scrooge nightmare moment and buys our way back into the Championship in the January window so he can sell for a location, location top price, we are doomed to a record stay in the third tier of the football pyrimid.

Dickie bird/ Michael Parkinson 4
    Karl Howman/ Jim Davidson 2

Trouble at t'mill.
  • Options
    We will win 2-1

Larry Grayson first scorer.
  • Options
    Give me a point now.

I think, without Aribo and Lapslie, with our one paced midfield we will struggle.
  • Options
    2-0 defeat. We are down to the bare bones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even allowing for our injuries we still have five decent midfield players available for tomorrow.
    Bielik
    Fosu
    Marshall
    Pratley
    Reeves.
    Add to this that Grant should be available to partner Taylor up front and I still believe we can get something from this.
    2.1 Charlton to surprise most people on here .

It would surprise me. Given up trying to predict our lot - but if we can nick a point then beat Walsall I will be reasonably happy.
  • Options
    No midfield to speak of. Can’t see past a second loss of the week.
    2 - 0
  • Options

2 - 0

This im afraid. Dont normally dig out our own players but i just cant for the life of me see what Pratley brings to the party. Every time i see him play he looks like a booking/sending off waiting to happen.
  • Options
    I'd be happy with a rookie LB Stevenson rather than two out of position. Or a flat 4-4-2.
  • Options

2 - 0

This im afraid. Dont normally dig out our own players but i just cant for the life of me see what Pratley brings to the party. Every time i see him play he looks like a booking/sending off waiting to happen.
    Second this. Not just the booking bit, though he's had some truly awful ones this year. But positionally and tactically he's all over the place. It was brought into such sharp contrast with Bielik, who is a better technical player and on the ball, but also better positionally which is weird for a 20-year-old center half.

I wouldn't mind it if we brought Marshall in and went 4-1-4-1 with Taylor up front on his own, Marshall and Fosu on the flanks, and Pratley and Reeves in the middle with Bielik in the defensive midfield role. I think a flat 4-4-2 leaves us too expose, and it means dropping either Pratley, which I'd be okay with except I'm not sure Reeves is up to a midfield two in a 4-4-2, or Reeves, who looks like our only creative midfielder at the moment. That said, we've already played three different formations this season (flat 4-4-2, diamond 4-4-2, and 3-5-2) so I struggle to see Bowyer wanting to introduce another, especially with three days between games.
  • Options
    Not sure why we were so lacklustre at Coventry but do not see us getting anything from Barnsley. I would like to be wrong but can only see 3-1 to them.
  • Options
    Love it when I’ve only got 7 miles to travel. But can’t see us doing a 6-0 again. Sadly, a 2-0 loss imo.
  • Options

Even allowing for our injuries we still have five decent midfield players available for tomorrow.
    Bielik
    Fosu
    Marshall
    Pratley
    Reeves.
    Add to this that Grant should be available to partner Taylor up front and I still believe we can get something from this.
    2.1 Charlton to surprise most people on here .

Don't try and make me feel better Blackpool
    If we get a point tomorrow I'll be celebrating like it's 1999
  • Options
    So Barnsley are at full strength before the Charlton match. Hmmm, you would think over the season our injuries would even out? Maybe not. I would settle for no more injuries regardless of the result. 4-0 to Barnsley and the festive matches continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Barnsley 9-0 Charlton

Go and have a chat with happyvalley

• Options
    Everything screams home win but what the hell unbelievable 0-1 thanks to ol’ pink boots.
  • Options
    I’m not going to sit on the fence for this one. I’ll make my prediction when I’ve decided on what I think the result will be.
  • Options

I’m not going to sit on the fence for this one. I’ll make my prediction when I’ve decided on what I think the result will be.

Yeah that usually works.
  • Options
    Gotta hope that this shit house league of fucked up upside down results vomits out a result for the Addicks...
  • Options
    I would go 3-5-2 and have a go.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Barnsley to 4th and the end of our run of form as we slide gracefully out of the playoff places.

Happy new year.
  • Options
    This is an easy game for us as the opposition will have to do all the thinking and initiating while we will do the only thing we seem to be comfortable - responding, and hitting teams on the break.

1:1
  • Options
    December rarely sees us racking us the points so back to back defeats would be in keeping with tradition
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

December rarely sees us racking us the points so back to back defeats would be in keeping with tradition

You do know we had a run of 6 wins in 7 matches before the Coventry match?

It won't be easy today, but finding the depression on here frankly bizarre. Barnsley won't be thinking it's an easy win for them, they'll know they face one of their toughest opponents this season