Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bros documentary

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, who in their right mind thought Bros are worthy of a documentary?
  • Options
    I had never heard of them until their reunion shows were announced the other year(age 29). I did watch the documentary out of curiosity and have to say it was very entertaining, comical in places.

From the clips at the end it seems they put on a good show as well.
  • Options
    Watched it. They seemed to be arguing and playing up for the camera, probably in an attempt to make it more interesting but only succeeded in making them look a right pair of plonkers
  • Options

Honestly, who in their right mind thought Bros are worthy of a documentary?

Bros
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Really skin crawling documentary. Totally enjoyable but how can you have a documentary about a band without mentioning the third member ?

A fair question and was asked by the BBC Entertainment Reporter Colin Patterson when he interviewed the maker of the doc. They did a full interview with Craig but when they tried to edit it in he said it just didn't work as fundamentally the film is about the relationship between the twins and not actually the band. The interview with Craig is however on the DVD extras section.
  • Options
    Love a bit of chess.
  • Options
    Further to my last.......Can't believe one of them headlined at a non-descript Vegas hotel for a while this summer :)
  • Options
    Just watched the documentary and thought it was interesting. The sibling rivalry was there for all to see.

I lived in Brockley at the time and my niece was a Brossette and used to go and stand outside there house in Peckham. She also went to see them at the O2.

Remember, the majority of people on this site are not the target audience.

But that hasn't stopped a lot of people watching it and whatever opinion you have they still managed to boost the viewing figures.
  • Options

Just watched the documentary and thought it was interesting. The sibling rivalry was there for all to see.

I lived in Brockley at the time and my niece was a Brossette and used to go and stand outside there house in Peckham. She also went to see them at the O2.

Remember, the majority of people on this site are not the target audience.

But that hasn't stopped a lot of people watching it and whatever opinion you have they still managed to boost the viewing figures.

Read on Wiki that they went to school in Camberley, Surrey so assume they moved back to London from there....unless they commuted to school, which would have been some distance for kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No idea but they definitely lived in Peckham.
  • Options
    Aside from the hair metal aphorosims, I thought the documentary portrayed their pathos and them as talented individuals in a sympathetic light. The pressures they were placed under, just made me more sympathetic and fortunately the documentary's barely about their original songs.
  • Options

They did live in Peckham. Commercial Way. Not the flats tho they had a house. If u had a house in Peckham in the 80s you were posh lol
  • Options
    I lived north Peckham at the time they were most famous and certainly dont remember any bad words or resentment towards them at the time or since.
  • Options
    I go to sleep with a bandanna and as i tie the knot at the back i make an affirmation...

Pretentious twat.
  • Options
    You don't have to fucking swear at anyone.
  • Options
    Oh i can fucking swear
  • Options
    If there was 15 one way streets and 1 two way street...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Everyone has to be on the same page otherwise you don’t get to turn the page. Because somebody gets left behind otherwise and then somebody has lost the page of the story which maybe key to the ending.” – Matt Goss

“If there was ever 15 one way streets and one solitary two way street where me and my brother got to meet in the middle – you helped find that one street. We’ve met in the middle.” – Matt Goss

"I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder not to be superstitious.” – Matt Goss.

“The best toy we had growing up was a dart, no dart board, just a dart.” – Matt Goss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt: “You can’t even play conkers nowadays. That’s a massive problem”

Luke: “.......I can probably live without it”
  • Options
    Matt: “He is a rectangle. I am a rectangle. Together that is a square - we are a fortress”
  • Options

FFS, rumour has it, my family, on my dads side once owned Peckham, should have taxed and charged them rent!
  • Options
    Just watched it, Matt is a very strange fella
  • Options
    I've financed and distributed a film starring Luke (Interview With A Hitman - check it out).

He's a genuinely nice lad who has made the most of his "limited" acting ability. He's a very good drummer.

However, neither of them are insanely rich or anything and Matt appears from the documentary to be a little too much up his own 'arris.

IMHO.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Well I went into viewing this with expectation of finding them a pair of David Brent twats and tbf it did start a bit like that, and there were moments of that throughout, but much to my surprise I found myself warming to them as the rockumentary progressed. They both came across as a pair of self important twerps in the row over when the keyboard should come in during rehearsals, until it became clearer what it was really about. I found myself liking Luke, and I thought the part about their mum was in fact pretty moving.
    And fair play to them, they were more talented and hard working ( and popular) than I ever gave them credit for.
    So yes, while I find it a little hard to look for long at their faces for some reason, and yes, there were moments of humour bypass and hilariously unprofound comments, my view definitely changed to a more positive one of them.
    They’ll be SO glad about that :smile:
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ll watch it as I couldn’t stand them at the time and can’t listen to them or watch them now. That said, glad to hear they have redeeming qualities and good luck to them.

A load of bands got shat on by their management throughout history so good to see some finally making a few quid after having been fiddled out of their dues earlier.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stig said:

Not being a Bros fan, I'd have never watched that doc if it hadn't been for this thread. When I did watch, I was in full schadenfreude mode; expecting to have a good old laugh at a couple of numpties catapulted to fame way beyond their talents. It wasn't like that at all though. The more I watched the more I liked them. They came across as decent blokes making the most of their hand in life. Sure, there was a fair bit of pretentious waffle and a few Del Boy style linguistic misunderstandings (maybe it's a Peckham thing), but nothing that outrageous. Of course there was some squabbling, it would be hard to imagine any brothers in such a public/pressured situation not having a bit of an ego battle. I ended up feeling really glad that things worked out well for them. I don't think I'll ever be a male Brosette, but thanks to that documentary I can now say that I admire them.

great post .. I also enjoyed it and seeing them again, one of THE major acts of the 1980s and as I've said before, an act 'assembled' and managed by my old school friend Tom Watkins who is still rolling in dough from money made in that era (he also managed and nurtured the Pet Shop Boys and E17)